Cat Lovers Thread

tumblr_n3j05gz7Qj1qzjc9co1_500.jpg

I wonder if our cat had a mini-stroke or something. She flopped over and her rear legs went in the air. Then she stood up and it looked like her rear end had a mind of its own- sort of walking sideways.
Vet said the urinary tract infection could be messing her up. Also- wife heard that some kitty litters can screw up a cat's urinary bits.

I wonder if our cat had a mini-stroke or something. She flopped over and her rear legs went in the air. Then she stood up and it looked like her rear end had a mind of its own- sort of walking sideways.
Vet said the urinary tract infection could be messing her up. Also- wife heard that some kitty litters can screw up a cat's urinary bits.

I've seen a cat do that.....their rear end walking sideways.....maybe just a brain fart...:D

If they are not in pain and it doesn't continue, I would say it was nothing. If it continues to do that, it could have an ear infection...the vet would be able to tell.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Why-Cats-Paint-Theory-Aesthetics/dp/0898156122]Why Cats Paint: A Theory of Feline Aesthetics: Heather Busch, Burton Silver: 0400307297118: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]
See inside the book at the Amazon link ^^
Why Cats

Why%20Cats%20Paint.jpg

Not the best video but -

Last edited by a moderator:
I know one thing, if your cat is staring intently at the floor and you can't see anything, you need to take a closer look. There IS something there. One of my cats was staring at the floor and I got down real close and looked and there was a tiny little bug running around in circles. :)

Moved into an older house and discovered a huge nest of mice under the sink in one of the bathrooms. With the cats gathered in a semi-circle to watch the show, we put on gloves and started cleaning them out.

Ugh. I'm not crazy about rodents, probably from too many years of viewing them only as food.

Anyway, suddenly a mouse made a run for it across the floor. As it happened, my cat, Roger the Lodger was yawning at the very same moment.

The mouse literally ran into the Roger's mouth. It was embarrassing to watch the cat - Puh-Tooie! - spit the mouse out and then paw at his face as though grossed out by getting mouse cooties in his mouth.

OTOH, he would sit at the window and twitch, shake his tail and chatter his teeth over the bird traffic which was safely on the other side of the glass.

I think some cats just aren't the vicious killers they're supposed to be.

Forum List

Back