Cat Lovers Thread

Latest pic of the kiddos

afd504bf-76af-4222-8943-3483c74aadf8_zpsa38fa095.jpg

They're so cute....I wish I had one of them.

I don't get a choice concerning what type of cats I get. They just show up and cry that they need a home. My last two arrivals were both black cats who had almost certainly been dumped. I figure someone's got to give the black cats a chance.

I don't get a choice concerning what type of cats I get. They just show up and cry that they need a home. My last two arrivals were both black cats who had almost certainly been dumped. I figure someone's got to give the black cats a chance.

And thank you for being so kind as to take them in. I did the same thing. Three of my cats were abandoned by my neighbors who got foreclosed/divorced. They just left them to fend for themselves. Fortunately they were still young enough that once we started feeding them they didn't go back to what was their home before....and now two of them are very happy with us, one of the three died a year after we got them, we never figured out why. We also have their sister "Cali" who the neighbors had given to me before they moved, and she's an indoor cat.

The next cat I have is going to be a calico. I had one a long time ago and want one again.

They are so pretty. We have one that is definitely a Calico. She's very aloof and thinks she's the alpha cat around here, doesn't like any of our other cats. She tolerates Dolly, who is still very much a kitten who likes to play and approaches her where the other two adult cats just snarl back at her.

This is Cali:
P1010826.jpg

The next cat I have is going to be a calico. I had one a long time ago and want one again.

They are so pretty. We have one that is definitely a Calico. She's very aloof and thinks she's the alpha cat around here, doesn't like any of our other cats. She tolerates Dolly, who is still very much a kitten who likes to play and approaches her where the other two adult cats just snarl back at her.

This is Cali:
P1010826.jpg

Mine was an only child and a very sweet girl. She was before digital cameras. I don't know if I've got a photo of her that I've scanned and can put up, but she was a pretty little thing.

This is Cali:
P1010826.jpg

Mine was an only child and a very sweet girl. She was before digital cameras. I don't know if I've got a photo of her that I've scanned and can put up, but she was a pretty little thing.

Our youngest cat "Dolly" is supposed to be a Calico according to the shelter where we got her, but she's got Tabby stripes in different colors, doesn't look like a Calico to me.

You can see her coloring here:

P1010840-1.jpg

This is Cali:
P1010826.jpg

Our youngest cat "Dolly" is supposed to be a Calico according to the shelter where we got her, but she's got Tabby stripes in different colors, doesn't look like a Calico to me.

P1010840-1.jpg

She's a beauty, but she's not a calico. The shelters will say whatever then can so you will adopt a pet: it's understandable. :) :smiliehug: You've got a lovely girl there in any case. I've had a couple of other cats since my calico, and now I am w/o a pet. Can't have one now. In a few years, when I can, I think I want another calico. I've only space for one cat at at time.

P1010840-1.jpg

She's a beauty, but she's not a calico. The shelters will say whatever then can so you will adopt a pet: it's understandable. :) :smiliehug: You've got a lovely girl there in any case. I've had a couple of other cats since my calico, and now I am w/o a pet. Can't have one now. In a few years, when I can, I think I want another calico. I've only space for one cat at at time.

We didn't intend to have that many cats. Two of our cats are outdoor cats....the four we have inside - two of them were taken in to help someone. The charcoal gray one belonged to my aunt. When she was placed in a nursing home, I took her cat so they didn't have to take her to the shelter. The other one, Freakyfritz belongs to my son and we're only keeping her till Sep....then we're taking her back to California to him. Then we'll only have 3 indoor ones.

P1010840-1.jpg

We didn't intend to have that many cats. Two of our cats are outdoor cats....the four we have inside - two of them were taken in to help someone. The charcoal gray one belonged to my aunt. When she was placed in a nursing home, I took her cat so they didn't have to take her to the shelter. The other one, Freakyfritz belongs to my son and we're only keeping her till Sep....then we're taking her back to California to him. Then we'll only have 3 indoor ones.

If I were settled and had a nice big yard, I'd have a couple of cats and a dog.

Forum List

Back