Cat Lovers Thread

She's a beauty, but she's not a calico. The shelters will say whatever then can so you will adopt a pet: it's understandable. :) :smiliehug: You've got a lovely girl there in any case. I've had a couple of other cats since my calico, and now I am w/o a pet. Can't have one now. In a few years, when I can, I think I want another calico. I've only space for one cat at at time.

We didn't intend to have that many cats. Two of our cats are outdoor cats....the four we have inside - two of them were taken in to help someone. The charcoal gray one belonged to my aunt. When she was placed in a nursing home, I took her cat so they didn't have to take her to the shelter. The other one, Freakyfritz belongs to my son and we're only keeping her till Sep....then we're taking her back to California to him. Then we'll only have 3 indoor ones.

If I were settled and had a nice big yard, I'd have a couple of cats and a dog.

We gave up on dogs. They seem to require a lot more attention than cats.

Cat-on-Ebay1.jpg

Stray Cat Rescued In Afghanistan Finds Home In The US

Mar 8, 2014
Goldi the stray became family to the US soldiers deployed in an area of Afghanistan. She came into their office and laid herself down in a container as if it was where she belonged. “No one messed with her and let her stay. When she decided to get up it was like she lived there her whole life, she took the place over and has been with us ever since. Now when people enter the maintenance bays she greets them as if to show off her new home,” Goldi’s rescuer wrote via Nowzad.

Goldi was a loving fixture at the office and got along well with everyone she came across. She gave the soldiers comfort and a sense of home. They knew they had to get her out of the country to a place where she would be safe and loved.

After Goldi’s story was posted on the web, many generous donations quickly trickled in. With the help from these wonderful donors, Nowzad, a rescue group that is dedicated to saving stray animals in Afghanistan, was able to arrange a trip to send Goldi to her home in the US.

Just recently Goldi moved into her new home in Arkansas and is now one happy and contented kitty who is very loved and spoiled rotten by her humans.

Goldi the stray became family and a loving fixture to the US soldiers deployed in an area of Afghanistan

880818_1387802158.9049_multi.jpg

She came into their office and laid herself down in a container as if it was where she belonged. She gave the soldiers comfort and a sense of home. They knew they had to get her out of the country to a place where she would be safe and loved.
880818_1387802194.9188_multi.jpg

Just recently Goldi moved into her new home in Arkansas.
1898132_723669167664154_1437680243_n.jpg

1798171_723669387664132_1418945685_n.jpg

This is Goldi saying “Thank you” to her human.
Read more at Stray Cat Rescued In Afghanistan Finds Home In The US
- See more at: Stray Cat Rescued In Afghanistan Finds Home In The US

Last edited:

Forum List

Back