Cat Lovers Thread

nikkoandcash-002.jpg

Our cats love to rest their heads on our shoes, if we leave them on the floor...when we're watching TV....guess they like the smell?

All our cats have slept at the feet of our beds. When I was growing up, we had a 5 bed family and they would move to different beds and different feet.

Love your avatar Hubba Hubba...

I've got a 5yo Bengal. Very masculine, very independent, very bonded to me alone, very unique. This dude can jump onto the tops of doors. He chases dogs (and dogs run away). He loves raw meat. he is beautiful.

21 Words That Mean Something Different When You’re A Cat

http://www.buzzfeed.com/floperry/words-that-mean-something-different-when-youre-a-cat

Ain't it the truth!
===================================

Our poor cats are alone while we're away for my honey's cataract surgery.

Dog went to the kennel and you know how dogs are. The second he sees his bed, his toys, his dish all being gathered up, he knows its kennel time and just goes ballistic. That's the signal for one cat to go hide in my studio and the other under the bed.

So, we get all packed up and have the master bedroom set up for one cat (the Great Catsby aka Bratsby because he cannot be left alone in the house or with his sister. This cat is like a puppy. He's the Maine coon, eats plastic and beats up on his sister) and Brodie (named for Steve Brodie who jumped off the Brooklyn bridge and lived because we found her huddled on a huge bridge, a tiny abused kitten, starving and badly banged up from having been thrown out of a moving car with the supposed goal of drowning. They missed and she hit the concrete bridge. She's done well but still spooks at almost everything.)

So, the hunt is on for the cats. We finally find him in my studio and her under the bed. They both get new guilt toys and enough food and water for weeks - just in case. We plan to to be gone two nights but you never know.

We'll go home tomorrow (cataract surgery went well) and, bless their littly furry hearts, they will forgive us for deserting them.

The dog will be exhausted and sleep for several days.

enhanced-1453-1407430178-23.jpg

“Toilet roll”

What it means to humans: What you wipe your bum with.

What it means to cats: Something that must be unravelled to the end.

:lol:

Our cat, Skip, Maine coon with only one front leg, would sit up on his haunches and, with MUCH glee, pull the entire roll into a mess at his feet.

I will always miss that cat. He was only 4yo when he got cardiomyopathy. We're at the same university (human) hosp for the cataract surgery as the university (vet hosp) we took him to a year and a half ago.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/floperry/words-that-mean-something-different-when-youre-a-cat

Ain't it the truth!

Dog went to the kennel and you know how dogs are. The second he sees his bed, his toys, his dish all being gathered up, he knows its kennel time and just goes ballistic. That's the signal for one cat to go hide in my studio and the other under the bed.

So, we get all packed up and have the master bedroom set up for one cat (the Great Catsby aka Bratsby because he cannot be left alone in the house or with his sister. This cat is like a puppy. He's the Maine coon, eats plastic and beats up on his sister) and Brodie (named for Steve Brodie who jumped off the Brooklyn bridge and lived because we found her huddled on a huge bridge, a tiny abused kitten, starving and badly banged up from having been thrown out of a moving car with the supposed goal of drowning. They missed and she hit the concrete bridge. She's done well but still spooks at almost everything.)

So, the hunt is on for the cats. We finally find him in my studio and her under the bed. They both get new guilt toys and enough food and water for weeks - just in case. We plan to to be gone two nights but you never know.

We'll go home tomorrow (cataract surgery went well) and, bless their littly furry hearts, they will forgive us for deserting them.

Glad to hear the surgery went well.....and I'm sure your cats will be fine (maybe not your home, but the cats will). When we leave our cats for a few days.....they always find something to do they are not allowed to do when we're home...like climb the dining room table, or move my floor mats from where they are supposed to be! :eek:

Those pictures are perfect explanations of the way cats think.....:eusa_whistle:

Ain't it the truth!

Glad to hear the surgery went well.....and I'm sure your cats will be fine (maybe not your home, but the cats will). When we leave our cats for a few days.....they always find something to do they are not allowed to do when we're home...like climb the dining room table, or move my floor mats from where they are supposed to be! :eek:

Those pictures are perfect explanations of the way cats think.....:eusa_whistle:

Yep - clearing tables is Catsby's specialty.

He's so huge, one good stretch is all it takes but if there's anything left, he'll do just like the cat in the video - one by one, he just pushes them off.

Forum List

Back