Cattle Battle Widens

The article points out that state managed lands, particularly those lands open to the use of private citizens are in much better condition.

And why Local/State control in most affairs is preferable...and why the States are Sovereigns I their own right via the Ninth and Tenth Amendments.

Unless the territory of the future state signs away the rights to unmanaged lands like the future state of Nevada did..

Do you have a citation to that, and a link?

Reforming Federal Land Management | Downsizing the Federal Government

Conclusions

Congress should move ahead with a combination of reforms to the Department of the Interior—privatization, transfers to state governments, and the establishment of fiduciary trusts.75 Most BLM lands should be turned over to the states or privatized. Major national parks and wildlife refuges are good candidates to establish as fiduciary trusts. Parks such as Yellowstone and Yosemite, for example, could easily cover their costs through user charges. Smaller parks and refuges that are mainly visited by in-state residents should be transferred to those states.

The important thing is that policymakers start exploring alternatives to Interior's costly, bureaucratic, and underperforming system of managing lands and resources. Given that the lands held by Interior cover one-fifth the area of the United States, it is crucial that they be managed as effectively as possible.

Clintoon and BOOSh did the same thing, yet no one helped these victims

In 1992 and again in 2002, armed BLM posses rounded up the Dann Sisters’ cattle and sold them for grazing fees. The New York Times reported in 2002 that the Dann Sisters had been fined $3 million for “trespass.”
Read more at How Did I Miss That? Militia: God Gave Land to Settlers, Not Shoshone - ICTMN.com
Written by a friend of a friend of mine...

Interesting site which calls the KKK Kansas killer a right winger when he was clearly a Democrat running for Congress in 2006!

Did the Dann sister ever pay that fine?

The last post would end the issue. It was a report on Dept of Interior Land.

Perhaps it's time for the Feds to transfer nearly all of the land to the States, and cut the Department of Interior down in size. Which is currently around 70,000 employees.

The States can handle most of the land as it is in their boundaries.

This would end this BS.

The KKK is all right-wing. They sure as fuck aren't leftist hippie Progressives who love everyone and want world peace.

The last post would end the issue. It was a report on Dept of Interior Land.

Perhaps it's time for the Feds to transfer nearly all of the land to the States, and cut the Department of Interior down in size. Which is currently around 70,000 employees.

The States can handle most of the land as it is in their boundaries.

This would end this BS.
And create tons more.

The KKK is all right-wing. They sure as fuck aren't leftist hippie Progressives who love everyone and want world peace.

You deny he ran as a democrat in 2006? ...And fucking leftists hippie Progressives want people who disagree with them, ...the wage earners, the people that make it possible for these indigent children, that defecate on police cars, and rape their fellow hippie girls in tents, while they sleep at an OWS outing, their PARENTS, to pay for these no good bastards that have been brain washed by subversive college professors, DEAD!!!!

gty_occupy_Wall_street_nt_111005_wg.gif

In 1992 and again in 2002, armed BLM posses rounded up the Dann Sisters’ cattle and sold them for grazing fees. The New York Times reported in 2002 that the Dann Sisters had been fined $3 million for “trespass.”
Read more at How Did I Miss That? Militia: God Gave Land to Settlers, Not Shoshone - ICTMN.com

Interesting site which calls the KKK Kansas killer a right winger when he was clearly a Democrat running for Congress in 2006!

they did not.
This is Mr. Cross' political affiliations
Democratic (1984)
Republican (1986)
Independent (2006–2010)

The killer did not live far from me. This area is heavily GOP and is very full of radicals and racists...If you don't believe me, come on down for a visit.

Last edited:

When I moved to the small town I live by. One bar refused to serve me cause I had long hair and dressed like a rocker..I live in the Ozarks of Missoura...everything 'round here is pronounced with an "A" soundat the end of the word, no matter how it is spelled, like Miami, Ok is said Miama..I live by Noel, so it's pronounced Noal..

Last edited:

they did not.
This is Mr. Cross' political affiliations
Democratic (1984)
Republican (1986)
Independent (2006–2010)

The killer did not live far from me. This area is heavily GOP and is very full of radicals and racists...If you don't believe me, come on down for a visit.

You are correct Young Bart, both parties refused his check in 2006 to be a candidate, that you for the correction!

So what ever happened to the Dann sisters?

If Bundy didn't have a point would 50 state officials from 9 states be discussing it. He pulled on the scab of a very pus filled infection. The federal government owns 86% of Nevada and increases its holdings by seizing the property of private citizens.
Yes, states have been drooling over untaxed federal land for years. In Nevada the federal government owns more than 70 million acres of land, 83 percent of the state. In Utah and Idaho over half the land is federally owned. The Bundy confrontation is just an excuse to pursue an issue that has been on the back burner for years.

Unfortunately for the states, the federal government clearly owns the land. The only way the land could be transferred to the states is through an act of Congress. Turning over National parks, forest, monuments, and wilderness areas to the the states is just not going to happen.

Last edited:
The important thing is that policymakers start exploring alternatives to Interior's costly, bureaucratic, and underperforming system of managing lands and resources. Given that the lands held by Interior cover one-fifth the area of the United States, it is crucial that they be managed as effectively as possible.

BLM budget is about a billion per year. They collect about 6 billion in revenue. One of our best performing bureaucracies.

All because one man took a stand!

the sagebrush rebellion apparently passed you by.

Though I think it's possibly a good idea to reimage the BLM on say .... the EPA, where states can set up their own departments to manage use of natl resources with general conservation goals set by the feds "to regulate commerce among the states"

Last edited:

BLM budget is about a billion per year. They collect about 6 billion in revenue. One of our best performing bureaucracies.

You do know that we fought a Revolution over unjust revenue collected by the king....don't you?

And why Local/State control in most affairs is preferable...and why the States are Sovereigns I their own right via the Ninth and Tenth Amendments.

Unless the territory of the future state signs away the rights to unmanaged lands like the future state of Nevada did..

Google "Nevada State Constitution". It's in the first paragraph.

If Bundy didn't have a point would 50 state officials from 9 states be discussing it. He pulled on the scab of a very pus filled infection. The federal government owns 86% of Nevada and increases its holdings by seizing the property of private citizens.
Yes, states have been drooling over untaxed federal land for years. In Nevada the federal government owns more than 70 million acres of land, 83 percent of the state. In Utah and Idaho over half the land is federally owned. The Bundy confrontation is just an excuse to pursue an issue that has been on the back burner for years.

Unfortunately for the states, the federal government clearly owns the land. The only way the land could be transferred to the states is through an act of Congress. Turning over National parks, forest, monuments, and wilderness areas to the the states is just not going to happen.

If it takes acts of Congress, just watch and see if it happens or not.

You do know that we fought a Revolution over unjust revenue collected by the king....don't you?

No, we fought a war about "taxation without representation".

Bundy does not lack "representation".

Good luck with that. I'm sure all the militas weep for the rancher. Personally, I'm all for maximizing the economic use of public lands, and that doesn't involve subsidizing some guy who is raising cattle in a less efficient way than other guys raise cattle. Back when the gop was actually SANE, govt's purpose was to maximize efficient private markets. There was a link to cato, and I fail to see how it is OUR interest to privatize something that actually brings in more tax dollars than it costs to manage it.

Google "Nevada State Constitution". It's in the first paragraph.

The Act of Congress Approved March Twenty First A.D. Eighteen Hundred and Sixty Four “To enable the People of the Territory of Nevada to form a Constitution and State Government and for the admission of such State into the Union on an equal footing with the Original States,” requires that the Members of the Convention for framing said Constitution shall, after Organization, on behalf of the people of said Territory, adopt the Constitution of the United States.—Therefore, Be it Resolved, That the Members of this Convention, elected by the Authority of the aforesaid enabling Act of Congress, Assembled in Carson City the Capital of said Territory of Nevada, and immediately subsequent to its Organization, do adopt, on behalf of the people of said Territory the Constitution of the United States[.]

Sorry, I don't see them signing away said territory. Perhaps you can point it out and we'll discuss it?

Good luck with that. I'm sure all the militas weep for the rancher. Personally, I'm all for maximizing the economic use of public lands, and that doesn't involve subsidizing some guy who is raising cattle in a less efficient way than other guys raise cattle. Back when the gop was actually SANE, govt's purpose was to maximize efficient private markets. There was a link to cato, and I fail to see how it is OUR interest to privatize something that actually brings in more tax dollars than it costs to manage it.

What the Constitution Does Not Do

The Constitution does not give you rights. The founders considered your rights to be "God-given" or "natural rights" — you are born with all your rights. The constitution does, however, protect your rights by:

• Limiting the powers of government by granting to it only those specific powers that are listed in the Constitution; (This has not proven to be effective of late.)
  • Enumerating certain, specific rights which you retain. These are listed in the Bill of Rights.
The rights deemed most important by the founders are specifically listed in the Bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights also says that, even though a particular right is not listed in the Bill of Rights, you still retain that right. Any powers not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government are retained by the states and the people (you).
So, without the Constitution, the states and the people have all the rights and there is no federal government. With the Constitution, the states and the people keep any rights not specifically delegated to the federal government by the Constitution. The Constitution states this very clearly.
Unfortunately, the government today seems to recognize only those rights specifically listed in the Bill of Rights and even these often receive little more than lip service, when your rights interfere with some government objective.

Yes, putting MONEY before ones rights, freedom, and liberty is something the Founders wanted!....LOLOL!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back