CBS journalist Bob Schieffer admits media handled Obama with kid gloves

I'm actually okay with media outlets having a bias one way or the other. In fact, in a free speech environment that is the inevitable result.

It was actually that way at our Founding. Interestingly, the newspapers of our early days were far more partisan and far more personal and vicious in their attacks against their political opponents. Hell, politicians were still dueling with each other back then!

The conservative cause deserves and needs as many media outlets at it can get, and I believe the conservative cause is much more correct for America than the liberal one.

But here's the thing. The conservative cause is completely and utterly undermined when its media outlets issue non-stop manufactured bullshit and every variety of logical fallacies, straw man arguments, arguments from ignorance, and lies of omission.

Making up bald faced lies about your opponent is actually worse than friendly media outlets treating him with kid gloves, because you are giving the opponents a shit ton of ammunition and destroying your own integrity.

If you have to lie to win, your philosophy is morally and intellectually bankrupt.

And that is why Obama won. Twice.

But here's the thing. The conservative cause is completely and utterly undermined when its primary media outlet, Fox News, issues non-stop manufactured bullshit and every variety of logical fallacies, straw man arguments, arguments from ignorance, and lies of omission.

Comparative examples? At least FNC commentators don't pretend to be impartial.

What did he say, generally? I need to know before I dedicate time to watching the video/reading the article.
That the media was enamored by this young up and comer and that it's the other party's campaign job to ask the tough questions.

Of course they were. They were in the tank for him all the way.

They sure as shit didn't send 200 reporters to dig up dirt on him like they did Palin. Hell. I doubt any reporter at all tried to dig into his background.

They were and are in love with the guy so they ceased being journalists and became cheerleaders.

But here's the thing. The conservative cause is completely and utterly undermined when its primary media outlet, Fox News, issues non-stop manufactured bullshit and every variety of logical fallacies, straw man arguments, arguments from ignorance, and lies of omission.

Comparative examples? At least FNC commentators don't pretend to be impartial.

FNC doesn't pretend to be impartial? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

"We report, you decide."

If Fox News says there was a "stand down order", then there was a stand down order!

If The Blaze says that Mexican was stuffing an Arizona ballot box, then that Mexican was stuffing an Arizona ballot box.

If a majority of right wingers say Obama is a Muslim, then that PROVES he is a Muslim!

If Breitbart says Chuck Hagel met with Friends of Hamas, then Chuck Hagel met with Friends of Hamas.

If Bill O'Reilly says he was in combat, then he was in combat.

If Fox News says the Marines guarding our embassy in Egypt were denied live ammo, then our Marines were denied live ammo!

I believe it, so it is true.

If conservatives want more conservative media outlets, they should get off their fat lazy asses and make more
Why?
FOX is already killing all the others in ratings

So quit bitching.
Bitching?
How?

I'm proud of the biased liberal"journalist" for admitting he was star struck and, instead of being a hard-hitting tough reporter, he turned into a swooning horse racing caller.
Anybody can tell you which horse is ahead or behind by how many lengths.
It takes a real ethical reporter to give you factual information on the contenders

This media with him and his ilk has become an ENEMY to the people in this country who isn't a far left/liberal Democrat

what a lowlife pos to come out now and admit that. He knew it all along because he had a hand in it all this time

people need to wake up this Lamestream medias

If conservatives want more conservative media outlets, they should get off their fat lazy asses and make more
Why?
FOX is already killing all the others in ratings

So quit bitching.
Bitching?
How?

I'm proud of the biased liberal"journalist" for admitting he was star struck and, instead of being a hard-hitting tough reporter, he turned into a swooning horse racing caller.
Anybody can tell you which horse is ahead or behind by how many lengths.
It takes a real ethical reporter to give you factual information on the contenders

You only call it factual because you like what he said.

This media with him and his ilk has become an ENEMY to the people in this country who isn't a far left/liberal Democrat

what a lowlife pos to come out now and admit that. He knew it all along because he had a hand in it all this time

people need to wake up this Lamestream medias
Oh my, only 18 months to go and you can bitch and get hysterical over a new administration....

You have to give the Democrats credit for placing so many of their strategists and party faithfuls in the MSM and visa versa. I mean you put NBC and CBS siblings in the White House working for 1600 you are guaranteed bias in the media.

Oh my, only 18 months to go and you can bitch and get hysterical over a new administration....

It's always someone else's fault when conservatives lose.

It's funny how the RWers try to blame Obama's wins on the media one day, and then the next day they're blaming it on the GOP nominating bad candidates that weren't conservative enough.

Kid gloves?

Are you kidding me?

What about Rev Wright, Saul Alinsky, a Kenyan birth certificate, Bill Ayers, hating America and being a Muslim?

Forum List

Back