CEO says ‘mentally retarded’ could work for $2: ‘You’re worth what you’re worth’

nitroz

INDEPENDENTly ruthless
May 18, 2011
Merritt Island, FL
CEO tells Daily Show ?mentally retarded? could work for $2: ?You?re worth what you?re worth? | The Raw Story

Another out of touch high class person spewing shit.

He's right about a few things, but also is out of touch with ALOT of other things.

1. The CEO of Euro Pacific Capital argued that government programs, not low wages, were trapping Americans in poverty, and claimed that paying workers twice as much would double the cost of some goods – such as fast-food hamburgers.

Well, Mr. CEO. That's simply not true. Low wages are whats keeping people in poverty. Walmart? Mc Donalds? Any of those ringing a bell?
I have a solution for that. Bill the employers what their employees are using up through government subsidies and throw people like yourself in the slammer if you don't cough up.

Also, prices wouldn't be risen more than 1 1/2 at the most. You know why? Because their wage had little to do with your "prices". A $2-$3 addition wouldn't bare significant impact on your products, and demand would go up because people would have MONEY.

“Did you ever go into a McDonald’s or Burger King?” he said. “I don’t really eat there, but they don’t seem desperate and hungry to me. They’re young kids, they seem to be enjoying themselves mostly.”

Way to contradict yourself there, Mr. CEO.
You don't eat or visit those places, but you happen to know all about their employees and how things are run.

"Kids enjoying themselves" happens to be 16-40 year olds trying to make some money to support themselves. You know, on EBT and wellfare? Maybe a few live in with family, but thats probably because they have nowhere else to go since they can't support themselves.

Schiff argued that eliminating the minimum wage law would allow more people entry to the workforce, and Bee asked him to identify someone whose work might be worth just $2 an hour.

“You know someone that might be? Maybe someone who is – what’s the politically correct word, you know, for mentally retarded,” Schiff said. “I believe in the principles this country was founded on.”

“I’m not going to say that we’re all created equal,” he said. “You’re worth what you’re worth.”

Can we just force this guy to work in chinese labor for pennies on the Yuan?
Preferably a foxconn job or something with forced labor.

Do YOU, the average class citizen want to be working for $5 or less an hour, with an extremely hostile work environment that will do what they please on a whim because there are no laws or rules protecting you?

Im not paying a retard $10 per hour. Ill just hire a normal person if im forced to pay that much. Minimum wage laws means that retard can no longer compete in the jobs market. Felons have a rough go at it too.

Im not paying a retard $10 per hour. Ill just hire a normal person if im forced to pay that much. Minimum wage laws means that retard can no longer compete in the jobs market. Felons have a rough go at it too.

Then maybe we shouldn't leave employment to people like you.

Perhaps we should have what FDR called for in his "Second Bill of Rights", a renumerative job for every American.

If the retarded person can't find a job working for the private sector, then government should find a job for them.

Perhaps we should have what FDR called for in his "Second Bill of Rights", a renumerative job for every American.

If the retarded person can't find a job working for the private sector, then government should find a job for them.

If i own a business then hiring IS up to me.

If I am going to pay someone I want to make sure I get what I pay for.

So if you want to hire retards and felons for 20 an hour then you open a business and do just that.

What we have here is an out of touch asshole who has no idea how much money it costs to merely survive and and an all to common view that people who work low-wage jobs must be essentially worthless and do not even deserve a pittance for their labors, maybe half a pittance if they kiss enough ass. These people trying to turn America into one big company town need their asses kicked.

If i own a business then hiring IS up to me.

If I am going to pay someone I want to make sure I get what I pay for.

So if you want to hire retards and felons for 20 an hour then you open a business and do just that.

Or we can just pass a law saying you can't discriminate if they otherwise qualify for the job.

Just like you can't legally discriminate because they are black or women.

I hear you can get Mexicans to work for less money

Old geezeboy wants the mentally handicapped to sit curbside in our American towns and cities, with an empty rice bowl, begging~ with a smile on their faces, of course. Only "normal" people have a right to earn a living.

We can probably find CEOs who will work for less money

What we have here is an out of touch asshole who has no idea how much money it costs to merely survive and and an all to common view that people who work low-wage jobs must be essentially worthless and do not even deserve a pittance for their labors, maybe half a pittance if they kiss enough ass. These people trying to turn America into one big company town need their asses kicked.

Out of touch asshole? Were you describing yourself?

Because the CEO is correct. If you don't have opportunities for people with disabilities then they simply will not work. Then they become a burden on someone else rather than being productive at something.
For some weird reason the Left thinks that working is welfare while welfare builds wealth. I can't explain that either.

Old geezeboy wants the mentally handicapped to sit curbside in our American towns and cities, with an empty rice bowl, begging~ with a smile on their faces, of course. Only "normal" people have a right to earn a living.
That's actually the precise opposite of what he said. Good job.

So why dont they? I mean, boards hire CEOs and give them salaries/benefits. They could easily hire someone who was VP of marketing or somethign for less money. Why do they spend huge sums like that? Do you think they are stupid?

CEO tells Daily Show ?mentally retarded? could work for $2: ?You?re worth what you?re worth? | The Raw Story

He's right about a few things, but also is out of touch with ALOT of other things.

1. The CEO of Euro Pacific Capital argued that government programs, not low wages, were trapping Americans in poverty, and claimed that paying workers twice as much would double the cost of some goods – such as fast-food hamburgers.

Well, Mr. CEO. That's simply not true. Low wages are whats keeping people in poverty. Walmart? Mc Donalds? Any of those ringing a bell?
I have a solution for that. Bill the employers what their employees are using up through government subsidies and throw people like yourself in the slammer if you don't cough up.

Also, prices wouldn't be risen more than 1 1/2 at the most. You know why? Because their wage had little to do with your "prices". A $2-$3 addition wouldn't bare significant impact on your products, and demand would go up because people would have MONEY.

“Did you ever go into a McDonald’s or Burger King?” he said. “I don’t really eat there, but they don’t seem desperate and hungry to me. They’re young kids, they seem to be enjoying themselves mostly.”

You don't eat or visit those places, but you happen to know all about their employees and how things are run.

"Kids enjoying themselves" happens to be 16-40 year olds trying to make some money to support themselves. You know, on EBT and wellfare? Maybe a few live in with family, but thats probably because they have nowhere else to go since they can't support themselves.

Schiff argued that eliminating the minimum wage law would allow more people entry to the workforce, and Bee asked him to identify someone whose work might be worth just $2 an hour.

“You know someone that might be? Maybe someone who is – what’s the politically correct word, you know, for mentally retarded,” Schiff said. “I believe in the principles this country was founded on.”

“I’m not going to say that we’re all created equal,” he said. “You’re worth what you’re worth.”

Do YOU, the average class citizen want to be working for $5 or less an hour, with an extremely hostile work environment that will do what they please on a whim because there are no laws or rules protecting you?

You are so right!
So guess what that job can be done by a machine. Then what happens?
Obviously you've never had any experiences in business, labor costs, automation.
Keep up the beat for putting people out of work.

If retards get $2, it's time for a severe pay cut for Obabble.

Because the CEO is correct. If you don't have opportunities for people with disabilities then they simply will not work. Then they become a burden on someone else rather than being productive at something.
For some weird reason the Left thinks that working is welfare while welfare builds wealth. I can't explain that either.

The fact that the guy thinks it is worth anyone's time to work for less than minimum wage marks him as out of touch. Also retarded people tend to work very hard and diligently at their jobs, what an insult that he finds such dedication to only be worth pocket change.

So why dont they? I mean, boards hire CEOs and give them salaries/benefits. They could easily hire someone who was VP of marketing or somethign for less money. Why do they spend huge sums like that? Do you think they are stupid?

No, I think they are greedy with a sense of entitlement.

Of course, is you let the Board decide salaries without input from a union or government, they are going to decide they are indispensible and worthy of 8 figure salaries while the wage slaves who did the actual work will get the minimum we can get away with paying them.

Like when Romney was talking about how he invested in that factory in China were the Chinese babes were living 120 to a dorm with one bathroom,and they had to use barbed wire to keep people out.

And he thought that was just awesome.

The fact that the guy thinks it is worth anyone's time to work for less than minimum wage marks him as out of touch. Also retarded people tend to work very hard and diligently at their jobs, what an insult that he finds such dedication to only be worth pocket change.

You are an arrogant prick for sure. WHo are you to say what it is worth anyone's time to do? And you misread what he wrote anyway, no surprise.
A person has an ability to do a job that is worth only so much ot the employer. That's every employee, even the CEO. Someone with limited physical or mental capacity might only be worth $2-3/hr. More than that and it isn't worth paying the person and the job disappears. And the person is out a job.
So you think not working and collecting welfare is better than working?

No, I think they are greedy with a sense of entitlement.

Of course, is you let the Board decide salaries without input from a union or government, they are going to decide they are indispensible and worthy of 8 figure salaries while the wage slaves who did the actual work will get the minimum we can get away with paying them.

Like when Romney was talking about how he invested in that factory in China were the Chinese babes were living 120 to a dorm with one bathroom,and they had to use barbed wire to keep people out.

And he thought that was just awesome.
Uh Joe, I hate to break it to you but the Board decides to pay SOMEONE ELSE the salary. If they were really greedy bastards they would pay him as little as possible so they could pay them,selves more. And that's true. But as little as possible is still a very large amount because they expect the CEO will deliver additional value to the company far in excess of what he earns.
I realize that's too complicated for you to understand because all rich people are just one amorphous mass to you. But others may realize it.

You are an arrogant prick for sure. WHo are you to say what it is worth anyone's time to do? And you misread what he wrote anyway, no surprise.
A person has an ability to do a job that is worth only so much ot the employer. That's every employee, even the CEO. Someone with limited physical or mental capacity might only be worth $2-3/hr. More than that and it isn't worth paying the person and the job disappears. And the person is out a job.
So you think not working and collecting welfare is better than working?
At $2.00 an hour? Hell yes it's better. If you want people off welfare you at least have to offer them more than welfare. Seems logical to me. America is already flirting with slave wages, there has to be a hard bottom in labor exploitation.

Forum List

Back