CEOs earn 354 times more than average worker

Again look back at the title what does it say?
CEOs EARN 354 times more than average worker
every thing else is irrelevant.

Most workers are subject to reviews. CEOs aren't. They also aren't liable, for the most part, for their fuck ups.

Case in point. Jamie Dimon. "Loses" 9 billion. Still CEO.

And JPMorgan are laying off thousands of people.

Irrelevant to the title. Do you EARN your money?

We aren't talking about me.

We are talking about CEOs.

Jamie Dimon lost 9 Billion dollars.

How come he's not going into his personal finances to pay that money back?

Why is he still CEO?

9 Billion dollar loss? That's a big fail!

Most workers are subject to reviews. CEOs aren't. They also aren't liable, for the most part, for their fuck ups.

Why is he still CEO?

However, we are talking about the EARN word in dennies title. Do you earn your money?

Again look back at the title what does it say?
CEOs EARN 354 times more than average worker
every thing else is irrelevant.

Workers on the line EARN their money.

CEO's are there just to funnel it into their own pockets.

Do you really think a CEO can run the basics of their company?

Watch the reality show Undercover Boss sometime........................most CEO's can't do the basics of their company.

Watch the reality show Undercover Boss sometime........................most CEO's can't do the basics of their company.

Dennies title says they earn,their money do you have a point with your irrelevant post?

Why is he still CEO?

However, we are talking about the EARN word in dennies title. Do you earn your money?

You wanna talk about me? Fine. I worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years. Put in ALOT of hours, helped build out their infrastructure, came up with procedures, protocols and best practices that made day to day operations run smoothly. My last year was spent there building a state of the art data center that was a huge hit with the colocation crowd. Every year my review was "over performing". What did I get for my efforts? The sack. I spent the last couple of years practically begging for a job. I had to hit my 401K to make ends meet. Finally..last August I got hired. I just did my taxes this year. The result? Between 2 states, I actually OWE 10 grand. This is because I did my very best to make sure all my bills were paid. I didn't "fuck up". I didn't cost anyone a dime.

That work for you?

Now..back to Jamie Dimon.

Why is he still employed?

It's worse than that. Many of them don't even know how their companies operate. They spend their time traveling on the company dime, eating and entertaining on the company dime which gets written off..and basically translates to tax payers funding all that fun!

I actually have watched drunken CEOs brag about the efforts of others..and own those efforts.

"We did it"!

Yeah..right. How come I didn't see the guy doing any of the actual work? How did it suddenly become "We"?

Last edited:

Why is he still CEO?

You wanna talk about me? Fine. I worked for the NYSE for 13.5 years. Put in ALOT of hours, helped build out their infrastructure, came up with procedures, protocols and best practices that made day to day operations run smoothly. My last year was spent there building a state of the art data center that was a huge hit with the colocation crowd. Every year my review was "over performing". What did I get for my efforts? The sack. I spent the last couple of years practically begging for a job. I had to hit my 401K to make ends meet. Finally..last August I got hired. I just did my taxes this year. The result? Between 2 states, I actually OWE 10 grand. This is because I did my very best to make sure all my bills were paid. I didn't "fuck up". I didn't cost anyone a dime.

That work for you?

You didn't earn your money

Dennies title says they earn,their money do you have a point with your irrelevant post?

How do you really "earn" your money when the stockholders (which you've bullshitted into believing that you're that talented) vote to give you an increase in pay when all you really do is look and sound good?

I've known people in the Navy who were dirty and unkempt, but were the best techs for their job on the boat.

I've also known people who looked good on paper (had the right creases and the right shine on their shoes) who weren't worth a fuck.

Me personally? Give me the slob covered in grease that knows what the fuck is going on over the idiot who looks good in uniform but doesn't know a thing.

CEO's are the glossed over idiots who don't have a clue about how their business is running.

That work for you?

:lol:

Again..this ain't about me.

The "company", I was the CEO of, failed. I had a bar. I put my own money into it. When that failed? I lost the money. 50K.

Why hasn't Jamie Dimon lost his money?

Last edited:

That work for you?

The "company" was the CEO of, failed. I had a bar. I put my own money into it. When that failed? I lost the money. 50K.

Because Jamie Dimon was the head of a large bank that the government declared "too big to fail".

Personally? I think the should have let all of them fail and let the credit unions take over.

The "company" was the CEO of, failed. I had a bar. I put my own money into it. When that failed? I lost the money. 50K.

Because Jamie Dimon was the head of a large bank that the government declared "too big to fail".

Personally? I think the should have let all of them fail and let the credit unions take over.

The 9 billion dollar loss came after the financial meltdown.

It was astonishing really.

This argument comes down to discussing whether the author chose the correct word or not.

To earn is more as in 'by the sweat of the brow'.

To be paid is to have money handed over.

If you sell a car, you are paid. You didn't earn the money.

Is that not clear? Can it be honestly stated that it is possible to 'earn' so much money in such a short time compared to those who truly sweat to gain their daily bread?

I'm a CEO.

I make exactly the same as every other worker in my organization.

Obviously I'm not doing something right, eh?

CEOs earn 354 times more than average worker - Apr. 15, 2013

The discrepancy in pay between CEOs and the average worker has skyrocketed over the years, peaking in 2000, when the gap was 525 times. In 1980, CEO pay was 42 times that of the average worker.

"They struggle every day to make ends meet, their wages are stagnant, their companies are trying to take away their health care and pensions, and they're angry," Trumka said. "And very few them know what's happening with CEO (pay)."
---------------------------------------

Republicans scream, "But they should keep their money. They EARNED it!" Republicans feel that if we just cut their taxes, they will "create jobs". The rest of us are shocked. Surely, no one could be so stupid. Or can they?

So?

You assume that if CEOs made less that other people would make more?

What some CEO earns has nothing to do with your pay.

I'm a CEO.

I make exactly the same as every other worker in my organization.

Obviously I'm not doing something right, eh?

What in the world is wrong with you? You're not one of those 'humans', are you, with feelings and empathy for their species?

Not mutually exclusive.

Tied together closer than you realize

so do you want to steal from Ceo's for welfare or help workers earn more????
How do you want to help workers??

CEOs earn their stripes by keeping labor costs artificially low.

An American CEO earns three times what his foreign equivalents make all while losing global market share.

As a society, we have to value labor more and investment less

CEOs EARN every penny

The average American worker is lazy and overpaid.

Not mutually exclusive.

Tied together closer than you realize

602240_595146417165325_556201582_n.jpg

The discrepancy in pay between CEOs and the average worker has skyrocketed over the years, peaking in 2000, when the gap was 525 times. In 1980, CEO pay was 42 times that of the average worker.

"They struggle every day to make ends meet, their wages are stagnant, their companies are trying to take away their health care and pensions, and they're angry," Trumka said. "And very few them know what's happening with CEO (pay)."

Republicans scream, "But they should keep their money. They EARNED it!" Republicans feel that if we just cut their taxes, they will "create jobs". The rest of us are shocked. Surely, no one could be so stupid. Or can they?

Your numbers are off rdean...

disparity.jpg

Your numbers are off rdean...

disparity.jpg

Good chart

And it should be noted that the US CEOs are losing global market share to the CEOs in other countries

Forum List

Back