Chalk Another One Up for the Education System

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
Local and federal authorities investigated threats Monday targeting youth at a North Berkeley middle school by a group that demanded the termination of a teacher who protested against a neo-Nazi rally in Sacramento over the weekend.

The rally Sunday made national headlines due to violent clashes between the white supremacists who took out a permit to rally at the state capitol and the counter-protesters who showed up to confront them. According to some news reports, members of the counter-protest appear to have initiated the violence. The LA Times reported that seven people were stabbed and 10 hospitalized.

One of the people who took responsibility for helping organize the counter-protest was Yvette Felarca, a teacher at North Berkeley’s Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School, at 1781 Rose St. Felarca is an organizer with the activist group By Any Means Necessary, which helped lead a series of Black Lives Matter protests in Berkeley in December 2014.

Parents of day campers were told Monday morning that one of the counter-protesters from Sacramento had been linked to the Berkeley school where the camps were located. The public outing had prompted an influx of emails to the principal demanding that the teacher be fired.

Felarca (right) was among the leaders of the December 2014 Black Lives Matter protests in Berkeley. Photo: Emilie Raguso

The Berkeley Unified School District confirmed, in a prepared statement at 5:40 p.m., it had been informed Monday morning that a King teacher had been involved with the protest in Sacramento.

“Since that incident, the school and principal have received calls and emails from parents and community members. One anonymous email in particular threatened that if certain actions were not taken against the teacher within the week, someone would come to King with the intent to harm students,” according to the statement. “The FBI has reviewed the email in question and has determined that by their criteria it should be considered a low level threat.”

The statement continued: “Meanwhile, the Berkeley PD has said that they are taking this threat seriously. They have increased their patrols around our schools and are assigning an officer to King. We have sent security staff to King, and we have moved two outside user groups who are renting space for summer programs to other locations. We do not have any BUSD programs at King at this time.”

BUSD Superintendent Donald Evans said, according to the statement, that the district would do “whatever is necessary” to protect students and staff, and “continue to work closely with law enforcement to monitor this situation.”

What does the head of the far left group that intentionally staged a violent attack on the legal Neo-NAZI demonstration because THEY are fascists do for a living? She’s a teacher at North Berkeley’s Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School molding young minds of course!

Anonymous email threatens students at Berkeley school after Sacramento rally tied to local teacher

They should have just let the Nazis have their little Nazi parade, and the whole thing would have been a footnote on page 20 of the local paper. Instead they got their asses kicked, which generates more headlines, and probably sympathy from certain sections of the country, which gives them a martyr talking point, which probably helps with their recruiting (We TOLD you the darkies are coming to get us!!!).

Just let the idiots march and speak, people will see them for what they are.

She was interviewed on CNN --I'm almost sure that was her--as it was being mopped up Sunday afternoon. She had a big wad of gauze on her head and she was absolutely joyous that they had achieved their goal of shutting down the rally and refusing to let the white supremacists speak. It sounded to me as if "By Any Means Necessary" was the aggressor, as well.
I'm not able to move interviews into a post, but you could probably find it.
I hate white supremacists but this anti-fascist group is over the line with their own brand of fascism. I wouldn't want her teaching my kid. Especially not junior high kids that are so impressionable.

so the criminal, that actually caused a crime is being protected by the police.

good
fucking
god
Welcome to The Age of Obamaerica.
true

They can't arrest her b/c she's a teacher and a she.

The teachers union will crash on them with the backing of the administration and the poor bastids will end up being investigated themselves.

right and wrong have no meaning anymore.

She was interviewed on CNN --I'm almost sure that was her--as it was being mopped up Sunday afternoon. She had a big wad of gauze on her head and she was absolutely joyous that they had achieved their goal of shutting down the rally and refusing to let the white supremacists speak. It sounded to me as if "By Any Means Necessary" was the aggressor, as well.
I'm not able to move interviews into a post, but you could probably find it.
I hate white supremacists but this anti-fascist group is over the line with their own brand of fascism. I wouldn't want her teaching my kid. Especially not junior high kids that are so impressionable.
That was her, and she has stated her objective was to stage a violent protest to shut their protest down. The irony being she thinks they are fascists but it was her actions that were the only fascist actions that day.

good
fucking
god
true

The teachers union will crash on them with the backing of the administration and the poor bastids will end up being investigated themselves.

The school district can't arrest her, of course. But the cops could if she was one of the attackers. The police are still investigating, but it was a spread out crime scene with fights erupting at various points throughout the crowd of hundreds.
I'm amazed the school board has let her get away with this political activism in her spare time. With a group like this? Maybe this will "educate" some of the parents about who she is.

Funny thing, that term "fascist", ..... always the other guys. But this you can always count upon; many of those who erroneously consider themselves "conservative" and advocate for smaller less intrusive govt will always soil themselves when someone questions the system they blindly support no matter what.

good
fucking
god
true

The school district can't arrest her, of course. But the cops could if she was one of the attackers. The police are still investigating, but it was a spread out crime scene with fights erupting at various points throughout the crowd of hundreds.
I'm amazed the school board has let her get away with this political activism in her spare time. With a group like this? Maybe this will "educate" some of the parents about who she is.
She admitted to inciting the riot. Yet the police do nothing. Why? Berkeley. It's why she's teaching there and will soon become a Principle.

What does the head of the far left group that intentionally staged a violent attack on the legal Neo-NAZI demonstration because THEY are fascists do for a living? She’s a teacher at North Berkeley’s Martin Luther King Jr. Middle School molding young minds of course!

Anonymous email threatens students at Berkeley school after Sacramento rally tied to local teacher

Its funny, the ones who never fight for education are the one who scream the loudest about the failing of the institution they actively seek to destroy

Wait, I didnt fully read this....Nice defense of the Neo-Nazis. LOL

So only certain citizens should be allowed to engage in activism?

Violently stopping a legal demonstration is not Activism. They could have lined the area and heckled the Nazi scum the whole way. THAT is activism. They could have laid down in front of the march and made the police remove them. THAT is activism. Assaulting the marchers is a crime, and does nothing to help anti-Nazi's cause.

Its funny, the ones who never fight for education are the one who scream the loudest about the failing of the institution they actively seek to destroy

The last thing any power structure ever wanted to face was/is a critically thoughful coherent human being. Much better to deal with an emotional public.

Violently stopping a legal demonstration is not Activism. They could have lined the area and heckled the Nazi scum the whole way. THAT is activism. They could have laid down in front of the march and made the police remove them. THAT is activism. Assaulting the marchers is a crime, and does nothing to help anti-Nazi's cause.

Guess you'd better get off the couch and get active.

Guess you'd better get off the couch and get active.

What does that have to do with anything in this thread?

Does anyone speak CC? Please translate into English for us please.

Sorry I edited after the fact. Go on about how youre offended at what happened to those poor Neo-Nazis. Hold on while I get a hanky

Forum List

Back