Change the Premise and Opposition Wins Gay Legal Challenges: Simple as That

After reading the OP's articles, do you think LGBTs are "born that way"?

• Yes, I still believe in spite of all those studies, that gays are born that way.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No, it looks like they're learned behaviors from the studies.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I'm still unclear after reading the articles.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
The SCOTUS was correct in 1967. There is one difference, however. Race has nothing to do with marriage. Gender has everything to do with marriage.

Mark

18 states and counting dispute that premise.

They can dispute it. But, my Ford won't become a Lincoln because I say its so.

Mark

And a he won't become a she , simply because you surgically castrate them - it simply becomes an "IT"

Any black gay man can marry any female without regard to color. So your argument fails.
Gays have the same right to marry someone as the opposite sex as non gays.
Blacks can marry those of the opposite sex too.
So your example does not equate.

And yet the same argument you are making was made...and was successful for 85 years as an argument in support of anti miscegenation. There was no discrimination because the prohibition applied equally to men and women, black and white.

I see no difference between gender discrimination and discrimination based on race. It's still discrimination.

Then you are blind.

Ah...because I see the similarities in the discrimination practiced upon interracial couples and the discrimination practiced on gay couples, I am blind. Like the Chief said...irony meter pegged.

There is no similarity since gays are a behavioral group & we are a race, Wytchy. It's a totally seperate situation. Even with the fact you guys put every instance of "homophobia" on televised news...you are not facing nearly as much discrimination as black folks did, nor for the same reasons.

There is no similarity since gays are a behavioral group & we are a race, Wytchy. It's a totally seperate situation. Even with the fact you guys put every instance of "homophobia" on televised news...you are not facing nearly as much discrimination as black folks did, nor for the same reasons.

Nobody is comparing race to sexual orientation, just discrimination to discrimination.

Imagine that CA, through the initiative process, passed a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting all Southern Baptists from civil marriage. Prop 8 applied to Baptists. It would be discrimination wouldn't it, LJ...even though Baptists haven't suffered through history like blacks have? Is being a Southern Baptists a behavior or an innate trait, LJ? Does it matter in a free country?

Oh, the discrimination wasn't for "the same reason"? :lol: Right...because you think you're justified in your bigotry. Guess what, LJ, so did they.

And yet the same argument you are making was made...and was successful for 85 years as an argument in support of anti miscegenation. There was no discrimination because the prohibition applied equally to men and women, black and white.

I see no difference between gender discrimination and discrimination based on race. It's still discrimination.

Then you are blind.

Ah...because I see the similarities in the discrimination practiced upon interracial couples and the discrimination practiced on gay couples, I am blind. Like the Chief said...irony meter pegged.

No, because you don't see the difference.

No, because you don't see the difference.

By all means, point out the difference in the discrimination.

One is, the other isn't.

Now, at one point you bought into the discrimination argument, that is one thing, some people are simply stupid, but when you start selling that shit, you prove yourself the fool.

Facts are facts.

You have the right to free speech. Choosing not to speak is not discrimination.

So...you are saying the civil rights can ONLY be based on race?

You have the right to free speech, because you choose not to talk, your civil rights have not been denied.

You have the right to free speech, because you choose not to talk, your civil rights have not been denied.

Gee, what a surprise, you're not making any sense. Free speech is the only civil right? WTF over?

No, Im saying that it is a totally different situation. It's not a civil rights issue, it's an issue that people of the various states should vote on, because it effects Their societies, IMO, in a negative way.

We should not allow you folks to lie, you cannot have a "marriage", your couplings cannot produce children, yet you want to play house as if you can.

If this whole world decided to become gay, humankind is over.

So it's a lie to pretend you can be "parents"...not unless you had a kid prior to figuring out you were "born gay"...which hints at you folks being liars already...If you were born a lesbian, then you wouldn't have gotten pregnant from a heterosexual action. It's suicide for mankind to embrace your lies. PERIOD.

Yes, you have the right to be a pervert. You don't have a right to society's blessings, & we all have an interest in keeping your perversions unendorsed and as a "taboo" if you will..

Gee, what a surprise, you're not making any sense. Free speech is the only civil right? WTF over?

A black man has the right to marry a white women. If he chooses not to his right is not infringed.

Clearer dork?

A black male has the right to marry a white female, if he instead married a black female, he is not discriminated against.

Clear now dork?

No, Im saying that it is a totally different situation. It's not a civil rights issue, it's an issue that people of the various states should vote on, because it effects Their societies, IMO, in a negative way.

We should not allow you folks to lie, you cannot have a "marriage", your couplings cannot produce children, yet you want to play house as if you can.

So it's a lie to pretend you can be "parents"...not unless you had a kid prior to figuring out you were "born gay"...which hints at you folks being liars already...If you were born a lesbian, then you wouldn't have gotten pregnant from a heterosexual action. It's suicide for mankind to embrace your lies. PERIOD.

Yes, you have the right to be a pervert. You don't have a right to society's blessings, & we all have an interest in keeping your perversions unendorsed and as a "taboo" if you will..

When the premise is changed from the false "race equivalent" to 'minority behaviors', the whole legal argument falls flat on its face for LGBT.

A black male has the right to marry a white female, if he instead married a black female, he is not discriminated against.

Clear now dork?

Wow...your explanation didn't help at all...in fact, it went the other way and made it worse. WTF are you babbling about?

Civil rights are not solely about a persons race and free speech is not the only civil right.

Neither can the couplings of infertile or older couples. In what state are they denied civil marriage? What's that? None you say? Oh, so you don't actually have an argument ...got it.

Good thing you can't just "decide" to be gay unless you ARE gay. You have to have the attractions for members of the same sex in order to "decide" to be gay. Are you saying you could decide to love sucking a big fat cock? Oh, and the whole world isn't designed to be gay, just a percentage of it.

Are you really that much of an idiot that you don't understand science? Gays can become parents exactly like infertile straight couples become parents...with the help of science. It helped my partner and I become parents twice and it helped us help another couple have three kids. Amazing stuff, science...not as amazing as being a parent of course, but amazing.

Too late kiddo...we're marrying AND we have societies blessing.

Clear now dork?

Wow...your explanation didn't help at all...in fact, it went the other way and made it worse. WTF are you babbling about?

Civil rights are not solely about a persons race and free speech is not the only civil right.

Any male can't marry any female. No civil right was infringed

Any male can marry any female that agrees to the marriage, but should either he or she decide not to, no right was infringed.

Got it.

Neither can the couplings of infertile or older couples. In what state are they denied civil marriage? What's that? None you say? Oh, so you don't actually have an argument ...got it.

Good thing you can't just "decide" to be gay unless you ARE gay. You have to have the attractions for members of the same sex in order to "decide" to be gay. Are you saying you could decide to love sucking a big fat cock? Oh, and the whole world isn't designed to be gay, just a percentage of it.

Are you really that much of an idiot that you don't understand science? Gays can become parents exactly like infertile straight couples become parents...with the help of science. It helped my partner and I become parents twice and it helped us help another couple have three kids. Amazing stuff, science...not as amazing as being a parent of course, but amazing.

Too late kiddo...we're marrying AND we have societies blessing.

You have to understand the warped perspective of the obsessed SeaWytch

In her world the word some is equal to none.

Clear now dork?

Any male can marry any female that agrees to the marriage, but should either he or she decide not to, no right was infringed.

Got it.

Nope...you are still making no sense and I think it might be getting worse. Are you trying to argue history? Are you still attempting to justify your bigotry by saying it's somehow different from a racists bigotry? You can't be drunk already. Dementia?

Got it.

Nope...you are still making no sense and I think it might be getting worse. Are you trying to argue history? Are you still attempting to justify your bigotry by saying it's somehow different from a racists bigotry? You can't be drunk already. Dementia?

There is no bigotry in my argument Wytch. You need me to be a bigot as is anyone who argues from a warped perspective.

Forum List

Back