Charges filed in shooting of Kansas City teen who rang wrong doorbell

Another prime example of what I'm talking about. Rittenhouse is infatuated with guns and it ended up getting him in a shitload of legal trouble. Sure he got acquitted (legally the right call, IMO) but he could have avoided the stress of facing decades behind bars and untold $ in legal fees if he had just stayed the fuck home and played Call of Duty instead. Having an AR-15 on his person made him a target (just like the guy who got killed in Austin); it also changed how he approached the entire situation. Any responsible adult would have known this was not a good idea, but he did it anyway because he assumed the law was on his side, which it turned out to be in this case.
look on the bright side of the rittenhouse deal,,

he killed a pedo a wife beater and a crazy man that was in and out of nut houses and radical communist,,,

look on the bright side of the rittenhouse deal,,

he killed a pedo a wife beater and a crazy man that was in and out of nut houses and radical communist,,,

Those are not justifications for killing people. That they both confronted him with the threat of great bodily harm, however, is sufficient justification.

There was a lot of dumbassery that night, not just Rittenhouse.

Democrats were the party that supported slavery and Lincoln was a Republican. Do less LMAO and spend time with a book or 2 and just say no to a life of being an ignoramus.

They already are well aware of this; they're just trying to win an argument on the internet

Those are not justifications for killing people. That they both confronted him with the threat of great bodily harm, however, is sufficient justification.

There was a lot of dumbassery that night, not just Rittenhouse.
never said it was,, the justification was created by them when they attacked him

never said it was,, the justification was created by them when they attacked him

I do not disagree.

Going to an armed protest with an AR-15 strapped on your person? Not a good idea.

An even worse idea? Chasing the guy with an AR-15 strapped on his person. Fuck around, find out.

it saved his life,, so not such a bad idea,,

Saved his life from the danger he got himself into, in no small part because he went into that situation thinking his gun would protect him from physical threats, which it did. It also got him into legal and financial trouble, and made him a social pariah to millions of people who otherwise wouldn't have known or cared who he was.

Considering it's his family who now have to look after his financial security indefinitely and have no doubt faced harassment, I wonder how they feel about the quality of his decisions.

Saved his life from the danger he got himself into, in no small part because he went into that situation thinking his gun would protect him from physical threats, which it did. It also got him into legal and financial trouble, and made him a social pariah to millions of people who otherwise wouldn't have known or cared who he was.

Considering it's his family who now have to look after his financial security indefinitely and have no doubt faced harassment, I wonder how they feel about the quality of his decisions.
wrong,,,

all he did was put out a fire,, thats not getting himself into trouble,,

if you guys arent defending pedophiles youre defending criminals,,,

now tell me,, how does this switch over to the guy in texas that just got convicted for killing a rioter that was pointing an AK at him for just driving down the street??

dont worry I will wait for your spin on that one,,

Actually, it pretty much did -- certainly is today.

Actually, it pretty much didn't.

The southern states started voting Republican for president in the 70s, but president only, and even that wasn't a lock. Carter won a few southern states and Clinton won several of them in his runs. Down ballot the south was solidly Democratic. At the turn of the century the Democrats still had a super majority in the state legislatures in several southern states (LA, AR, MS, TN, AL, WV, KY). It wasn't until the 2010 election that the last few southern states flipped to Republican majorities in their state legislatures.

Sorry. I don't see that.

Shocking.....

The media doesn't cause cops to go out and shoot unarmed black men in the back, or take "stand your ground" to the extreme.

No, but what they do is make it look like an epidemic and it's anything but. As has been pointed out repeatedly, there is no slaughter of unarmed black men taking place by the police. In fact, there are more whites who get gunned down than black, but that's where the media comes in. You don't hear about it when it happens to a white guy, but the moment a black guy is gunned down it's national news and they make sure everyone knows about the races involved. This seed has been planted and sewed for years now.

Alt-right media has been practicing racial division since Obama got elected.

As has the Democratic Party. Every criticism of Obama was met with "you just can't stand there's a black man in the White House." A Gallup poll I saw several years back showed race relations were at their peak in the 90s and early 2000s. It wasn't until Obama's election that it all went downhill. You can sit there and blame the "Alt-right" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) media all day, but your ilk is just as responsible for the divisions. You have stoked it endless, particularly since Obama's first election, but nobody is surprised that you "don't see it" through your partisan lens.

Once again, I'll bring the actual facts to an emotionally charged thread;

Excerpts of the prosecutor’s probable cause statement posted online reveal that Lester told police he picked up his gun after hearing the doorbell ring while laying down. He opened an interior door and saw a “black male approximately six feet tall” pulling on the exterior door of his house. Believing it was a break-in attempt, he fired twice after opening the door.
Lynch, who is Lester’s neighbor, was getting ready for bed when he heard the teenager scream that he had been shot. The 42-year-old father of three, had seen Ralph banging on the door of Lester’s home through his kitchen window; he was trying to figure out what was going on next door after he heard shouting.

At the very least, Ralph was signaling his intentions to come inside the house, and per the shooter was actively trying to get inside. Maybe that's true, maybe not. But if so it's certainly an easy behavior to misconstrue as an attempted burglary or worse.

And forget the gun for a moment, what if Lester had opened the door and started swinging with an ax, or a machete, or even a large hammer or wrench. Any one of those things could have inflicted harm to an unsuspecting victim.

I believe that it was unfortunate that this young man went to the wrong address. Certainly not something he deserved to get shot over. I think it's equally unfortunate that the older gentleman reacted how he did. But to turn this incident into yet another 'guns are bad because guns' debate is just lazy.

Lastly, why are there no protests going on in Alabama? Four teens were slaughtered for even LESS reason than Mr. Yarl here. I wonder what the difference is...
He literally shot through the glass door, once while the victim was on the ground.

Actually, it pretty much didn't.

The southern states started voting Republican for president in the 70s, but president only, and even that wasn't a lock. Carter won a few southern states and Clinton won several of them in his runs.

And until Joe Biden took Georgia (thanks to changes in demography), there hadn't been a president who won a solid southern state since Clinton in 1992 - I don't consider Florida "Southern", as much of its population consists of transplants from up north.

The reason for the lag in legislatures and governorships is because voters accepted that there were still reliable conservatives in the Democratic party, despite desegregation. A lot of these were people who had been in political office since the 1960s and had built a strong conservative brand as Democrats. It didn't change overnight because they didn't need to. As they retired, however, and as the parties themselves began to diverge, the trend of Southern states going Republican accelerated.

That trend accelerated even more when Republicans began taking over control of redistricting. Until Republicans controlled the redistricting process, Democrats could run as moderates, being just conservative enough to not scare away white voters while also pulling in black voters. That changed once Republicans began drawing up the districts themselves.

We can parse this further, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that the notion that the Democratic party of today bears any remote resemblance to the Democratic party of the 1960s, much less the Democratic party of the 1860s, is patently false. Anyone trying to argue this is just either woefully ignorant or is trying to win the internetz, and I haven't the interest to keep rebutting such ignorance.

wrong,,,

now tell me,, how does this switch over to the guy in texas that just got convicted for killing a rioter that was pointing an AK at him for just driving down the street??

dont worry I will wait for your spin on that one,

Shocking.....

No, but what they do is make it look like an epidemic and it's anything but. As has been pointed out repeatedly, there is no slaughter of unarmed black men taking place by the police. In fact, there are more whites who get gunned down than black, but that's where the media comes in. You don't hear about it when it happens to a white guy, but the moment a black guy is gunned down it's national news and they make sure everyone knows about the races involved. This seed has been planted and sewed for years now.

As has the Democratic Party. Every criticism of Obama was met with "you just can't stand there's a black man in the White House." A Gallup poll I saw several years back showed race relations were at their peak in the 90s and early 2000s. It wasn't until Obama's election that it all went downhill. You can sit there and blame the "Alt-right" (whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean) media all day, but your ilk is just as responsible for the divisions. You have stoked it endless, particularly since Obama's first election, but nobody is surprised that you "don't see it" through your partisan lens.
After Lee surrendered his army, America became color blind. Got it.

you still there??

just in case you missed my question,,

wrong,,,

dont worry I will wait for your spin on that one,,

that doesnt mean he wasnt opening the door when the old man shot,,
It was a locked glass door. Even if you believe the shooter (I don't), shooting someone through the LOCKED door - dropping them- then shooting them again while on the ground, is strictly not kosher.

Forum List

Back