🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Charging Kids as Adults...What say you?

If children are exposed to "adult" literature, films, and political propaganda ..... then it's the media, film-makers, politicians, and parents who ought to be held responsible and tried for the 'adult' crimes that those children commit.
thehangman-1-l-48x48.png
You are certifiable.

What about the children soldiers of the Khmer Rouge and Liberia? And the 19-year-old American boys in Vietnam who were cutting off ears and "shooting everything that moves"? What about Lynndie England at Abu Graib? All of them simply born bad apples, huh?

Who's certifiable?
crazy1.gif

If children are exposed to "adult" literature, films, and political propaganda ..... then it's the media, film-makers, politicians, and parents who ought to be held responsible and tried for the 'adult' crimes that those children commit.
thehangman-1-l-48x48.png

Truly a terrifying proposition.
Initially, yes. But it would soon bring family values back to life (I think) and we'd see an improvement in political philosophy and a return to quality of life.

Wisconsin Girls Will Be Tried as Adults in ‘Slender Man’ Attack

CoiabtgWcAEMD1V.jpg

A Wisconsin state appeals court ruled Wednesday that two girls accused of trying to kill their classmate in an attempt to please the fictional horror character Slender Man should be tried as adults.

Investigators say the girls, who were 12 at the time of the attack in 2014, plotted for months before luring their classmate into some woods after a birthday sleepover and repeatedly stabbing her. The victim, who was also 12, was found along a road, bleeding from 19 stab wounds that nearly killed her.

The girls have been charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and if convicted could go to prison for up to 65 years. As juveniles, they could be incarcerated for up to three years then supervised until age 18.

By 12 I knew right and wrong enough to know not to lure my friend into the woods so I could stab him to death. They deserve to be tried as adults and do every day of the 65 years.

By 12 I knew right and wrong enough to know not to lure my friend into the woods so I could stab him to death. They deserve to be tried as adults and do every day of the 65 years.

No one is accusing you of committing the crime. We are talking about 2 girls who VERY OBVIOUSLY thought their crime was either:
1). OK
2). No big thing
3). Justifiable
4). or excusable

They committed the crime at the age of 12 tho? Heinous as it is should they be punished for life for what they did at 12?

YES. Definitely. If they had the mental faculties to plan this whole thing out and hide it from their parents, they are more then mentally competent enough to be tried as adults, and to serve an adult sentence.
How many little crimes did you commit as a child? You know, the ones you swore to your parents that you didn't do it ..... and got away with it. Even infants are able to con their parents. "Hiding" the truth is not something only an adult can do.

link for the infant con artists? or just bullshit you made up and tossed in there?

Prior to the maturation of the frontal lobes, young teens seem to use the amygdala to process emotions, a brain center responsible for mediating fear and other gut reactions. In addition, when shown emotionally loaded images or situations, teenage brains showed responses that were greater in intensity than were either younger children or adults. Research demonstrates adults use the frontal lobe as opposed to the amygdala for such processing. Scientists thus posit that the parts of the brain responsible for emotional responses are fully developed, possibly even hyper-reactive in young adolescents, compared to adults. However, the parts of the brain responsible for keeping emotional, impulsive responses in check have not reached maturity, and thus children this age aren't yet capable of making decisions that accurately assess risk or that are free of impulsivity

Social Development in 11-13 Year Olds

simply asking for a link that infants con their parents or the study that shows this....sorry if asking you for proof was too much for ya.....so we will go with bullshit tossed in to make your arguement?

Prior to the maturation of the frontal lobes, young teens seem to use the amygdala to process emotions, a brain center responsible for mediating fear and other gut reactions. In addition, when shown emotionally loaded images or situations, teenage brains showed responses that were greater in intensity than were either younger children or adults. Research demonstrates adults use the frontal lobe as opposed to the amygdala for such processing. Scientists thus posit that the parts of the brain responsible for emotional responses are fully developed, possibly even hyper-reactive in young adolescents, compared to adults. However, the parts of the brain responsible for keeping emotional, impulsive responses in check have not reached maturity, and thus children this age aren't yet capable of making decisions that accurately assess risk or that are free of impulsivity

Social Development in 11-13 Year Olds
Note that this quote deals with natural (if there is such a thing) development. It does not take into account (or doesn't feel it is necessary to mention) environmental influences that shape (and trigger) emotional responses to various stimuli within (and external) environment.

simply asking for a link that infants con their parents or the study that shows this....sorry if asking you for proof was too much for ya.....so we will go with bullshit tossed in to make your arguement?
If you are going to employ that chip on your shoulder in this discussion then we'll just be going round and round and wasting our time. Well .... mine anyway.
rk01_tuttogiraintornoate.gif

CoiabtgWcAEMD1V.jpg

A Wisconsin state appeals court ruled Wednesday that two girls accused of trying to kill their classmate in an attempt to please the fictional horror character Slender Man should be tried as adults.

Investigators say the girls, who were 12 at the time of the attack in 2014, plotted for months before luring their classmate into some woods after a birthday sleepover and repeatedly stabbing her. The victim, who was also 12, was found along a road, bleeding from 19 stab wounds that nearly killed her.

The girls have been charged with attempted first-degree intentional homicide and if convicted could go to prison for up to 65 years. As juveniles, they could be incarcerated for up to three years then supervised until age 18.

At 5 I was luring my babysitter to take her clothes off and play doctor.

When my parents found out then she got in trouble from her parents and couldn't babysit anymore.

Up to then she was the best 12 year old babysitter I had ever seen (no pun intended).

I did not think there was anything wrong.

Catechism did not make much sense either to me ... all these rules ... why ??

My first fight was in 4th Grade on St Patrick's Day. I wasn't wearing green so some guy pinched my arm and then I wacked him in the nose which gave him a nosebleed. After school we duked it out more.

Otherwise I never tried to hurt anybody except in self defense.

Some kids are just born predators and they can't feel empathy.

I think the old man frat boy Trump is like that -- no empathy.

That's the same thing that Mr. Kahn noticed too and mentioned in his speech.

As for the girls luring another child into the woods and stabbing her -- that's really sick.

I think these two babes need to stay in jail until age 25 or so.

CoiabtgWcAEMD1V.jpg

ASOLUTELY tried as adults.

They committed the crime at the age of 12 tho? Heinous as it is should they be punished for life for what they did at 12?

You can be tried as an adult in Wisconsin at age 10. Frankly, mom wanting a "residential treatment center" for the girl with schizophrenia is inadequate. Most residential treatment centers are limited on lock down space (if it exists at all) and are not usually even close to having a 3 year program. Most of them aren't really equipped to deal with aggression (no matter what the hell they advertise) and the kid gets arrested simply because she becomes a danger when she has a psychotic break and beats the living shit out of staff. ...or the insurance stops covering it.

As is 3 years in the DOC and then released to inadequate supervision that may or not exist in that time frame due to whatever cuts are made.

Wisconsin, like all other states, no longer has mental health facilities worth a damn (if they ever did). One of those girls will be dealing with a life long illness. I don't think Wisconsin has any state psychiatric hospitals where a juvenile can be sentenced.

So, something in between will need to be built or change the law. Do I think that 12 is too young to be tried as an adult? Yes. However, there are certain crimes where being tried as an adult at the age of 16 (and sometimes 15 depending on the history) is appropriate.Armed robbery with a deadly weapon and an injury, rape, carjacking, murder, kidnapping, etc. meets that criteria.

I watched a show just now about two 12 year olds tried and convicted as adults. They were in different prisons but both in juvenile wings of their adult prisons. I'm not sure if that's the norm. I hope so. They move to the adult population when they turn 18.

I have no idea. I know that a good 20 years ago kids were taken to adult prisons and kept in cells let out for an hour a day in some states. The prisons were not designed for kids and they did not have the staff to deal with them. I think California was one of those states. It did severe damage. Now, in some states they just transfer from one prison to another. A lot of kids want to be tried as adults because they have a better chance at getting out on bail.

Had this not been premeditated it would be a different story. The girl that was stabbed, and her immediate family, have been impacted financially, emotionally and mentally. The girl will have face a huge impact for the rest of her life in terms of interpersonal relationships and PTSD. It will impact how she functions as an adult.

CoiabtgWcAEMD1V.jpg

ASOLUTELY tried as adults.

You can be tried as an adult in Wisconsin at age 10. Frankly, mom wanting a "residential treatment center" for the girl with schizophrenia is inadequate. Most residential treatment centers are limited on lock down space (if it exists at all) and are not usually even close to having a 3 year program. Most of them aren't really equipped to deal with aggression (no matter what the hell they advertise) and the kid gets arrested simply because she becomes a danger when she has a psychotic break and beats the living shit out of staff. ...or the insurance stops covering it.

As is 3 years in the DOC and then released to inadequate supervision that may or not exist in that time frame due to whatever cuts are made.

Wisconsin, like all other states, no longer has mental health facilities worth a damn (if they ever did). One of those girls will be dealing with a life long illness. I don't think Wisconsin has any state psychiatric hospitals where a juvenile can be sentenced.

So, something in between will need to be built or change the law. Do I think that 12 is too young to be tried as an adult? Yes. However, there are certain crimes where being tried as an adult at the age of 16 (and sometimes 15 depending on the history) is appropriate.Armed robbery with a deadly weapon and an injury, rape, carjacking, murder, kidnapping, etc. meets that criteria.

I watched a show just now about two 12 year olds tried and convicted as adults. They were in different prisons but both in juvenile wings of their adult prisons. I'm not sure if that's the norm. I hope so. They move to the adult population when they turn 18.

I have no idea. I know that a good 20 years ago kids were taken to adult prisons and kept in cells let out for an hour a day in some states. The prisons were not designed for kids and they did not have the staff to deal with them. I think California was one of those states. It did severe damage. Now, in some states they just transfer from one prison to another. A lot of kids want to be tried as adults because they have a better chance at getting out on bail.

Had this not been premeditated it would be a different story. The girl that was stabbed, and her immediate family, have been impacted financially, emotionally and mentally. The girl will have face a huge impact for the rest of her life in terms of interpersonal relationships and PTSD. It will impact how she functions as an adult.

That's why the two that did it should be treated as adults. They produced results that will follow the victim long into adulthood. It's not like they got mad at her and destroyed some clothes she owned. They PLANNED it.

When my parents found out then she got in trouble from her parents and couldn't babysit anymore.

Up to then she was the best 12 year old babysitter I had ever seen (no pun intended).

My first fight was in 4th Grade on St Patrick's Day. I wasn't wearing green so some guy pinched my arm and then I wacked him in the nose which gave him a nosebleed. After school we duked it out more.

As for the girls luring another child into the woods and stabbing her -- that's really sick.

It looks to me like you read my memoirs ...... copied .... and pasted that reply. LOL! I went to a Catholic school myself. As many times that I coaxed my girlfriend into having sex with me (when she didn't really want to) , I'd have been tried for multiple rape by today's standards.

Last edited:

No one is accusing you of committing the crime. We are talking about 2 girls who VERY OBVIOUSLY thought their crime was either:
1). OK
2). No big thing
3). Justifiable
4). or excusable
Adult murderers use those rationalization too.

1). OK
2). No big thing
3). Justifiable
4). or excusable
I don't think that you are following this discussion very closely.
hmmm.gif

Children, by whatever national legal age, are not capable of knowing the difference between rationalization and a lame excuse. Adults ARE expected to know this difference.

1). OK
2). No big thing
3). Justifiable
4). or excusable
I don't think that you are following this discussion very closely.
hmmm.gif

Children, by whatever national legal age, are not capable of knowing the difference between rationalization and a lame excuse. Adults ARE expected to know this difference.
A psychologist you are not, and it's not up to you how closely I'm following the conversation. Children fall within a standard deviation and a range of atypical outliers when it comes to psychological development. Precocious children can demonstrate remarkable intelligence and reasoning skills, aside from the fact that all 12 year olds except perhaps those with profound autism or Down syndrome, know that murder is wrong and moreover is punishable by lengthy incarnation.

That's why the decision to try youth as an adult incorporates interviews with health professionals and takes into evidence their expert conclusions. This precludes the blockish generalizations by which non professionals like yourself characterize all children.

You're an uneducated dilettante. Let the professionals handle this.

......................... You're an uneducated dilettante ........

I am very highly educated in my field, as a matter of fact, and I am only dilettantish in my hobby. But that's another subject ..... and it's a good thing we're not debating that too because you're already losing ground on this one.
pet.gif
I buried you, dumbass. Goodbye.

CoiabtgWcAEMD1V.jpg

First of all, you weren't trying to get your 12 year old baby sitter to take he clothes off when you were 5. Maybe when your own child was 5, but not when you were 5.

Second of all, it is STUPID to bring Trump into the thread.

Forum List

Back