Gold Supporting Member
Jun 12, 2010
Kannapolis, N.C.
tumblr_mf8qgtGxPJ1qhkifoo1_500.jpg

ANY QUESTIONS?

Last edited:
ANY QUESTIONS?

Yeah...

Charlton Heston's been dead five years, and this picture is older than that. So what makes this a "current event"?
It's what he said that counts...not the age of the picture. I often quote Thomas Jefferson. He's been dead longer than Heston. Any quote of a famous person concerning gun control describes a current event.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Yeah...

Charlton Heston's been dead five years, and this picture is older than that. So what makes this a "current event"?
It's what he said that counts...not the age of the picture. I often quote Thomas Jefferson. He's been dead longer than Heston. Any quote of a famous person concerning gun control describes a current event.

It's a quote from a dead man. That's not a current event. Nor is it rocket surgery.

By this logic everything ever uttered would count as a "current event", including, as here, people quoted entirely out of context by definition of not living in the present.

Yeah...

It's a quote from a dead man. That's not a current event. Nor is it rocket surgery.

By this logic everything ever uttered would count as a "current event", including, as here, people quoted entirely out of context by definition of not living in the present.
The quote is relevant to the current events in regard to the concentrated attempts to infringe on our gun rights due to the Newtown shooting. What Heston said applies as much today as it did when he said it. The guns are not bad...it's people that are bad.

Just how old are you?

The quote is relevant to the current events in regard to the concentrated attempts to infringe on our gun rights due to the Newtown shooting. What Heston said applies as much today as it did when he said it. The guns are not bad...it's people that are bad.

Just how old are you?

Old enough to understand the English language and know what the term "current event" means.

What's the "event"? Newtown? Then start a thread about Newtown. Charlton Heston -- the title of this thread-- is dead. That's not news.

Rationalize much?

Just how old are you?

Old enough to understand the English language and know what the term "current event" means.

What's the "event"? Newtown? Then start a thread about Newtown. Charlton Heston -- the title of this thread-- is dead. That's not news.

Rationalize much?
Take a look at the OP poster, his avatar, his posting history and the Heston quote...then tell me this thread is not about gun control. It's not about Heston...it's about GUNS!

Just how old are you?

Rationalize much?
Take a look at the OP poster, his avatar, his posting history and the Heston quote...then tell me this thread is not about gun control. It's not about Heston...it's about GUNS!

No shit. :eusa_doh:

And it's titled "Charlton Heston".

And it's sitting in "Current Events".

Should I type more slowly or what?

Rationalize much?

Actually, it's titled "charlton heston" (or "charlton heston" if there have been no new posts when you revisit it).

It makes no difference to me how fast you type. It is what you type that counts.

Gun control debates are current events. Not every one of them has to be put in the Politics forum. This thread is exactly where it belongs. Do you want to talk about the quote or keep reminding us that you are aware that Heston is dead?

Last edited:

Actually, it's titled charlton heston.

It makes no difference to me how fast you type. It is what you type that counts.

Gun control debates are current events. Not every one of them has to be put in the Politics forum. This thread is exactly where it belongs. Do you want to talk about the quote or keep reminding us that you are aware that Heston is dead?

Yes, I'm also aware that the OP isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, but that doesn't mean I can't point out that yet again it's in the wrong thread. Nor do I think it's necessary to point out his ignorance of capitalization. The fact remains, Charlton Heston continuing to decompose is not an "event". Nor can a sixteen-year-old quote be called either "current" or an "event".

Nor are "guns" an event. If the event is supposed to be Newtown, that doesn't work since Heston was not talking about Newtown.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back