Cheers!

In honor of our fallen heroes who sacrificed their lives that I might enjoy great freedoms in this country that I love:

glitter-happy-memorial-day.gif

good-morning003.gif

sad.jpg

Today I will go to my friend's viewing and say goodbye to her. Tomorrow is her funeral and it has been raining all day yesterday and this morning. I hope that just for a little while, during her funeral, that it doesn't rain.

good-morning003.gif

sad.jpg

Today I will go to my friend's viewing and say goodbye to her. Tomorrow is her funeral and it has been raining all day yesterday and this morning. I hope that just for a little while, during her funeral, that it doesn't rain.

:smiliehug:

TerrificTuesday.gif

A bit of levity:

A police officer in a small town stopped a motorist who was speeding down Main Street.
“But officer.” the man began, “I can explain”.
“Just be quiet,” snapped the officer. “I’m going to let you cool your heels in jail until the chief gets back.”
“But officer, I just wanted to say.”
“I said to keep quiet! You’re going to jail!”
A few hours later the officer looked in on his prisoner and said, “Lucky for you that the chief is at his daughter’s wedding. He’ll be in a good mood when he gets back.”
“Don’t count on it,” answered the fellow in the cell. “I’m the groom.”

Oh my goodness it is a BEAUTIFUL day here today!!! I am busy transplanting plants to pots because I might let the grass die. Takes too long to water it and takes too much water as well. If everything is potted....easy peasy. Now all I have to do is find ONE more pot then I will be done. Gonna keep an eye out for lots of gravel at yard sales cuz if I find some...gonna lay that all over the yard so it is not just dirt once the grass is dead.

I will miss the grass, though. So maybe I will cut the yard in half. Some grass near my swing and lounge chair..the rest gravel and dirt. Decisions decisions.

Oh my goodness it is a BEAUTIFUL day here today!!! I am busy transplanting plants to pots because I might let the grass die. Takes too long to water it and takes too much water as well. If everything is potted....easy peasy. Now all I have to do is find ONE more pot then I will be done. Gonna keep an eye out for lots of gravel at yard sales cuz if I find some...gonna lay that all over the yard so it is not just dirt once the grass is dead.

I will miss the grass, though. So maybe I will cut the yard in half. Some grass near my swing and lounge chair..the rest gravel and dirt. Decisions decisions.

We have an area that is in the shade, behind the pool that grass won't grow. My hub had this dumb idea that he would just put some black cloth and mulch...I didn't want that but he is rather stubborn. Well, the darn oaks are sending root branches out through the cloth and mulch...looks like crap. So, I suggested we take the cloth up and partition the area up into some swirling design and fill up the different areas with different colored rocks. He agreed....that's going to be a nut buster of a job...but hopefully it will look better than the weedy looking area we got now....geeez!

I agree, more rocks, less grass, less watering....good idea.

I've been looking for a job, I am only taking one class over the summer semester.

One of my sister's kids is visiting this week for a couple of days, I am excited to see her.

Soon will mark the 1 year anniversary since my sister died.

She had 4 kids !

We have an area that is in the shade, behind the pool that grass won't grow. My hub had this dumb idea that he would just put some black cloth and mulch...I didn't want that but he is rather stubborn. Well, the darn oaks are sending root branches out through the cloth and mulch...looks like crap. So, I suggested we take the cloth up and partition the area up into some swirling design and fill up the different areas with different colored rocks. He agreed....that's going to be a nut buster of a job...but hopefully it will look better than the weedy looking area we got now....geeez!

Do you like having a swimming pool or is it more work than it's worth?

I've been looking for a job, I am only taking one class over the summer semester.

One of my sister's kids is visiting this week for a couple of days, I am excited to see her.

She had 4 kids !

That's great....you need a rest from all that studying.

Hope you and your niece have fun visiting....I love it when family visits, but everyone has their families and it's not as easy to get together. The only time we (extended family) see each other is at funerals and weddings and we haven't been having too many weddings.

We love it. We have two pool cleaners, one that floats on the surface and picks up leaves, debris that doesn't sink and also goes below, and another one that just crawls along the bottom and the walls. We don't run them at the same time, but the one that also floats atop is handy in the spring when the leaves are falling. We hardly ever have to vacuum, unless like now, with all the rain, we've gotten a little bit of mildew that will have to be vacuumed and flushed out. Other than that, sweeping around the pool or blasting it with a power washer, it doesn't take long.

In the summer we go in almost every day. We like working in the yard....getting all hot, coming in, taking a shower and then going swimming. Our bodies are still hot from the work, and the pool feels wonderful. Of course we have company almost every other weekend, and it's loads of fun. We play volleyball with this group of 6 that we have been hanging around with for about 10 years. We also have a croquet set, so we do that, get all hot and then come back to the pool. It's the best entertainment for the money.

We love it. We have two pool cleaners, one that floats on the surface and picks up leaves, debris that doesn't sink and also goes below, and another one that just crawls along the bottom and the walls. We don't run them at the same time, but the one that also floats atop is handy in the spring when the leaves are falling. We hardly ever have to vacuum, unless like now, with all the rain, we've gotten a little bit of mildew that will have to be vacuumed and flushed out. Other than that, sweeping around the pool or blasting it with a power washer, it doesn't take long.

In the summer we go in almost every day. We like working in the yard....getting all hot, coming in, taking a shower and then going swimming. Our bodies are still hot from the work, and the pool feels wonderful. Of course we have company almost every other weekend, and it's loads of fun. We play volleyball with this group of 6 that we have been hanging around with for about 10 years. We also have a croquet set, so we do that, get all hot and then come back to the pool. It's the best entertainment for the money.

My Aunt and Uncle throw pool parties too, they have a little bar thing and a back yard BBQ pit. They have all the neighbors over in the summer and have fun.

I am more of an introvert so it sounds like a lot of work to me :lol:

She had 4 kids !

That's great....you need a rest from all that studying.

Hope you and your niece have fun visiting....I love it when family visits, but everyone has their families and it's not as easy to get together. The only time we (extended family) see each other is at funerals and weddings and we haven't been having too many weddings.

I don't know them well, but when they visit we get along.

Our family has always had a lot of tragedy and depression, but we offset it with this weird family humor.

It's kind of a dark humor, and it works for us. ;)

Forum List

Back