Cheers!

Do you like having a swimming pool or is it more work than it's worth?

We love it. We have two pool cleaners, one that floats on the surface and picks up leaves, debris that doesn't sink and also goes below, and another one that just crawls along the bottom and the walls. We don't run them at the same time, but the one that also floats atop is handy in the spring when the leaves are falling. We hardly ever have to vacuum, unless like now, with all the rain, we've gotten a little bit of mildew that will have to be vacuumed and flushed out. Other than that, sweeping around the pool or blasting it with a power washer, it doesn't take long.

In the summer we go in almost every day. We like working in the yard....getting all hot, coming in, taking a shower and then going swimming. Our bodies are still hot from the work, and the pool feels wonderful. Of course we have company almost every other weekend, and it's loads of fun. We play volleyball with this group of 6 that we have been hanging around with for about 10 years. We also have a croquet set, so we do that, get all hot and then come back to the pool. It's the best entertainment for the money.

My Aunt and Uncle throw pool parties too, they have a little bar thing and a back yard BBQ pit. They have all the neighbors over in the summer and have fun.

I am more of an introvert so it sounds like a lot of work to me :lol:

There is more work in trying to make the yard and area around the pool look nice than the work required to keep the pool looking sparkling. It's a personal choice, I just don't like swimming in public pools, and I love to swim.

We love it. We have two pool cleaners, one that floats on the surface and picks up leaves, debris that doesn't sink and also goes below, and another one that just crawls along the bottom and the walls. We don't run them at the same time, but the one that also floats atop is handy in the spring when the leaves are falling. We hardly ever have to vacuum, unless like now, with all the rain, we've gotten a little bit of mildew that will have to be vacuumed and flushed out. Other than that, sweeping around the pool or blasting it with a power washer, it doesn't take long.

In the summer we go in almost every day. We like working in the yard....getting all hot, coming in, taking a shower and then going swimming. Our bodies are still hot from the work, and the pool feels wonderful. Of course we have company almost every other weekend, and it's loads of fun. We play volleyball with this group of 6 that we have been hanging around with for about 10 years. We also have a croquet set, so we do that, get all hot and then come back to the pool. It's the best entertainment for the money.

My Aunt and Uncle throw pool parties too, they have a little bar thing and a back yard BBQ pit. They have all the neighbors over in the summer and have fun.

I am more of an introvert so it sounds like a lot of work to me :lol:

There is more work in trying to make the yard and area around the pool look nice than the work required to keep the pool looking sparkling. It's a personal choice, I just don't like swimming in public pools, and I love to swim.

My Uncle is from Bermuda and he loves to do the yard work , pool upkeep and BBQ, he also keeps a big keg of beer, not sure if he is supposed to or not. :lol:

Group%20hug.jpg

;)

You are not pushy, Mertex. I find you extremely mellow, easy going and I like you a bunch!

Night Stat!

Forum List

Back