Chevy Volt Production Put On Five Week Hold

For the billionth time, yes I do, and you're the dittohead a-hole who put them there.

How do you figure that, asshole? Did you buy a Volt?

Rush, Beck, Sean etc ruined the Volt's rep 24/7 and stupid dittoheads believe and repeat it. Total political BS. Figure that out yet? And who asked you, shyttehead? LOL!

And do you own one? If not why not? Why don't liberals buy these cars, if they did, they wouldn't be laying people off. There are supposedly over 100 million liberals in this country, yet only 10,000 have been sold. Looks like liberals like yourself won't support the car.

So the press should have spiked the articles about how dangerous the volt is.

It isn't and that is the point. The news was hyped, the Volt was cleared.

So when do the tax credits come for the other cars.

A clear example of picking winners and losers on the public dime.

Is the Volt the only vehicle for which you get a tax credit? I distinctly remember getting one when I bought my Prius...in 2005.

It isn't and that is the point. The news was hyped, the Volt was cleared.

Is the Volt the only vehicle for which you get a tax credit? I distinctly remember getting one when I bought my Prius...in 2005.

Reinforcing my point.

I dont recall getting one for my explorers

Negative press affects sales. Negative press, like Volts are exploding, that isn't even true. Imagine that...

The price has a lot to do with it too. I know I can't afford a $40k+ car when I can get a Toyota Prius for $26k and still enjoy terrific Gas Mileage in a car that will fit my 6'4"/300lb body comfortably.

The Volt's a great idea an electric vehicle that has a 300 mile range(using gas to keep the batteries charged beyond the initial 40 miles).... it's just too damned expensive.

Yes, it is expensive, but take a look around you on the freeway. How many 40K cars whiz around you? Now granted, I live in one of the wealthiest counties in CA so the cars that whiz around me might be different than yours. ;)

But the FACT is that it is negative press that has affected sales.

According to GM's Peterson, dealers are waiting for the swirling misinformation to "settle down," before stepping up sales efforts for the Chevy Volt.

Chevy Volt Misinformation Is Affecting Sales

I'm a proud Prius owner too. Bought mine in 2005, the last time gas prices were high, but before they came out with the new, larger options. I'd like to get a straight EV for my next commuter car, but I have range anxiety...no traffic, but a long commute.

I have already explained and this is edmunds and car and river not me, that there is a 30K price point cliff regards who buys what cars or more properly who is capable of buying them.

The evil slimy top 2% can spring 40K for a car etc. ...........so as it is designed built hence priced, even with the rebate, its not cost effective period, end of story. beat it till it drops, that is the fact and that is why it was put on hiatus and I really doubt we'll see it again imho.

oh and as far as dealers doing whatever? :lol: please, I posted this already but...

GM%20Channel%20Stuffing%20Feb.jpg

channel stuffing galore....

Reinforcing my point.

Obviously you don't understand the point of the tax credit. Your explorer is already subsidized by the tax breaks we give big oil.

Guess you should have bought your SUV in 2002-03 when Bush was giving away huge tax breaks for people that bought SUVs. Such short term memories...

Negative press affects sales. Negative press, like Volts are exploding, that isn't even true. Imagine that...

hey they put out there...and they have never ever went thru the hoops TOYOTA was made to....hello.

Toyota isn't number one anymore is it? Gee, I wonder if negative press had anything to do with that...

yes it did, big time. and your connection is poor, volt was given every single chance there was, toyota makes cars that are priced right and efficient and attractive, as in roomy styling etc....using the bad press rap' is BS, in the end the case against Toyota btw was garbage., truth helped kill the volt, ....see how that works?

GM received glorious press for also its products from all the usual suspects, you want to use that as an excuse fine, why it is that Toyota once again is reaching for its top 2 mark? BECAUSE THEIR PRODUCTS ARE EVERYTHING THE VOLT ISN'T.

Reinforcing my point.

Obviously you don't understand the point of the tax credit. Your explorer is already subsidized by the tax breaks we give big oil.

Guess you should have bought your SUV in 2002-03 when Bush was giving away huge tax breaks for people that bought SUVs. Such short term memories...

Now you are just full of shit......

The price has a lot to do with it too. I know I can't afford a $40k+ car when I can get a Toyota Prius for $26k and still enjoy terrific Gas Mileage in a car that will fit my 6'4"/300lb body comfortably.

The Volt's a great idea an electric vehicle that has a 300 mile range(using gas to keep the batteries charged beyond the initial 40 miles).... it's just too damned expensive.

Yes, it is expensive, but take a look around you on the freeway. How many 40K cars whiz around you? Now granted, I live in one of the wealthiest counties in CA so the cars that whiz around me might be different than yours. ;)

According to GM's Peterson, dealers are waiting for the swirling misinformation to "settle down," before stepping up sales efforts for the Chevy Volt.

I'm a proud Prius owner too. Bought mine in 2005, the last time gas prices were high, but before they came out with the new, larger options. I'd like to get a straight EV for my next commuter car, but I have range anxiety...no traffic, but a long commute.

I have already explained and this is edmunds and car and river not me, that there is a 30K price point cliff regards who buys what cars or more properly who is capable of buying them.

The evil slimy top 2% can spring 40K for a car etc. ...........so as it is designed built hence priced, even with the rebate, its not cost effective period, end of story. beat it till it drops, that is the fact and that is why it was put on hiatus and I really doubt we'll see it again imho.

So, provide your EVIDENCE. Every article I've read about the current dip in Volt sales attributes it to the negative press the vehicle has gotten in recent months. Do you have EVIDENCE to the contrary?

Since we've been having this discussion, I've been doing that...providing evidence to support MY claims. You have not. You've not provided evidence to support yours or debunk mine.

I'm being punked in the show me yours and I'll show you mine game...

So, provide your EVIDENCE. Every article I've read about the current dip in Volt sales attributes it to the negative press the vehicle has gotten in recent months. Do you have EVIDENCE to the contrary?

Since we've been having this discussion, I've been doing that...providing evidence to support MY claims. You have not. You've not provided evidence to support yours or debunk mine.

dude, you cannot even read your own link. for god sakes.

what claim? that bad press is responsible for the volts demise? where?

Big oil receives no subsidies whatsoever. Liberals are trying to perpetuate this myth to justify im*posing higher taxes on them.

What "tax break for SUVs?"

Reinforcing my point.

And how am I "full of shit"? I've already provided links to the tax breaks and subsidies given big oil. Do you truly not remember the SUV tax break? It wasn't that long ago.

Fed Tax Break Encourages SUV Purchases

And how am I "full of shit"? I've already provided links to the tax breaks and subsidies given big oil. Do you truly not remember the SUV tax break? It wasn't that long ago.

You might want to read that link and get back to my point. It wasnt a swing and a miss but you just fouled it off.

Next!!

I read it and thought the title of the article was very misleading.

In every article I've read when they are discussing this TEMPORARY layoff. One of the primary reasons that is cited is the negative press the Volt received.

Which of my own links am I not reading? You've done nothing to point out what is incorrect in the information I've provided beyond a silly article about reading comprehension.

We've reached peak oil. The easy to get to stuff is all but gone. To extract the oil there still is requires more dangerous and expensive means.

Let's go back to Canada as an example. They produce more oil than they consume and yet their gas prices are no different than ours. Why is that? How will more drilling affect gas prices here if it hasn't in Canada?

You might want to read that link and get back to my point. It wasnt a swing and a miss but you just fouled it off.

Next!!

So you object to tax breaks for alternative fuel vehicles and for vehicles like the Prius or Volt, but tax breaks for SUVs didn't bother you back then?
I'm the one that swung and missed? :lol:

Okay...:eusa_eh:

It's not a tax break for SUVs, numskull. The break was for capital expenses, including vehicles over 6000 lbs. Vehicles that heavy are generally full sized trucks. I can't think of any SUV that weighs that much, not even a Chevy Suburban. Businesses often need to purchase trucks.

Anyone surprised??

Anyone??

Wait until gasoline hits $5 per gallon, then see what happens. Sales may take off as the gas prices surge this summer. Then again, maybe not. I'm just not jumping to any conclusions yet.

In previous gas crisis, buyers flocked to diesel engines because fuel was cheaper and they got a few more mpg

The timing of the Volt may be just right

Forum List

Back