Chic-Fil-A is making history, and showing the power of the American people/voter.

Even the Southern Baptists state that homosexuality is same sex attraction and they are born with it. They call it "struggling with same sex attraction'.
Those of us that truly have been trained and educated thoroughly in The Bible always fall back on "Carry one another's burdens".
And it would be folks that judge and condemn that lay that burden.
Those that claim they are Christians follow that and that only on this subject. We have to also carry their load and fight for their rights.
If we as Christians can not stand up for the full rights of homosexuals then we fall short of what The Bible teaches us to do.
Romans 2 verse 19 to 32...Let me know what you think of this area in the Bible, and what you think it means when read it either leading up to and/or beyond the area of mention... We can have a little study on it together if want to.. I am unsure exactly about what all it is saying within the context of this chapter there in, because it gets into the law and such as to be reckoned with in the chapter of Romans coupled with one being saved by his or her faith, and the understanding of that faith upon where it stands, and the law where it stands or has stood, and what it means to us in our daily lives now.

I know that we are not living under the law or by the letter of the law, but instead we are saved by his sacrifice, and through his grace and his mercy through Christ Jesus amen, in which through our spirit he doth speak to us daily through our faith in him, wherefore about these things in which we wonder about and wrestle with daily, be it within our hearts and within our minds. Now does this give us the reasoning to accept somehow sin openly within and around us in our daily lives now, or to allow it openly in and around our families in their daily lives now (no it does not imho), and should we not teach that some things are then ok according to the word if they are ok, but others are not ok in accordance with sin as it is spoken of within these chapters as not being ok, and is rather sin or being sinful that leads to futher seperation between us and our Lord who hath saved us ?

Where is it then that the lines are to be drawn in respect to it all I wonder ?

Should we be tasked with seperating ourselves always from sin as best that we can in our lives (all of us), but to do it by way of teaching in so that we not leave anyone behind if at all possible ? Should we allow sin to consume us totally, wherefore we lose sight of God and our Lord altogether, because where we would therefore choose to go, it is not somewhere that anyone would want to go with us ?

Love thy neighbor and carry one anothers burden.
Your sin is your business and someone else's sin is none of your business.
It is your business to love thy neighbor and carry one another's burden.
If you truly are a Christian.
I agree, but when someone makes their sin your business be it directly or through your children, then it becomes ones business to adress that situation, wouldn't you agree ? If people could practice what you preach, we could have a more peaceful and more tranquil nation, but people can't seem to do this for some reason.

Romans 2 verse 19 to 32...Let me know what you think of this area in the Bible, and what you think it means when read it either leading up to and/or beyond the area of mention... We can have a little study on it together if want to.. I am unsure exactly about what all it is saying within the context of this chapter there in, because it gets into the law and such as to be reckoned with in the chapter of Romans coupled with one being saved by his or her faith, and the understanding of that faith upon where it stands, and the law where it stands or has stood, and what it means to us in our daily lives now.

I know that we are not living under the law or by the letter of the law, but instead we are saved by his sacrifice, and through his grace and his mercy through Christ Jesus amen, in which through our spirit he doth speak to us daily through our faith in him, wherefore about these things in which we wonder about and wrestle with daily, be it within our hearts and within our minds. Now does this give us the reasoning to accept somehow sin openly within and around us in our daily lives now, or to allow it openly in and around our families in their daily lives now (no it does not imho), and should we not teach that some things are then ok according to the word if they are ok, but others are not ok in accordance with sin as it is spoken of within these chapters as not being ok, and is rather sin or being sinful that leads to futher seperation between us and our Lord who hath saved us ?

Where is it then that the lines are to be drawn in respect to it all I wonder ?

Should we be tasked with seperating ourselves always from sin as best that we can in our lives (all of us), but to do it by way of teaching in so that we not leave anyone behind if at all possible ? Should we allow sin to consume us totally, wherefore we lose sight of God and our Lord altogether, because where we would therefore choose to go, it is not somewhere that anyone would want to go with us ?

Love thy neighbor and carry one anothers burden.
Your sin is your business and someone else's sin is none of your business.
It is your business to love thy neighbor and carry one another's burden.
If you truly are a Christian.
I agree, but when someone makes their sin your business be it directly or through your children, then it becomes ones business to adress that situation, wouldn't you agree ? If people could practice what you preach, we could have a more peaceful and more tranquil nation, but people can't seem to do this for some reason.

No one forces you or your kids to be homosexual.
Same as no one forces you or your kids to smoke or be a drunk.
So you are also for banning tobacco and alcohol?
Sure, right, all you know is selective peresecution and the gay boogeyman heads your list.

Sure, right, all you know is selective peresecution and the gay boogeyman heads your list.

So being gay is a choice, like choosing to assfuck your wife or not? :dunno:

So being gay is a choice, like choosing to assfuck your wife or not? :dunno:

I have known many homosexuals that chose to get married, have children, live a lie and be unhappy. Some just lived with it.
Same sex attraction and love for someone is not a choice. It comes natural and I believe 100% of them are born that way. And I have no problem with and respect anyone be they whatever to choose who they are attracted to and fall in love.
The choice is inside them, the same sex attraction and love. They can not change that, turn it on and off, they are hard wired that way.
And although I find it unusual, strange, not the normal I know in my life, I have no problems with gay folks.
Used to. Same as black folk and others different than white straight southern type A male. Just the locker room culture I grew up and was in for over a decade.
But as I went out into the world working with law enforcement, police, doctors, lawyers, accountants, engineers and folks from all walks of life in my work I learned that we are all about the same.
And now I lead the fight for gay rights because I believe that if we can not fight for those that are different than us then what good is the freedom we enjoy?
And I have gays and lesbians in my extended family. I love them and respect them. They are good people. And my old loud mouth beer swillin, cussin southern drawlin self will be heard and I do not give a shit who cares.

Even the Southern Baptists state that homosexuality is same sex attraction and they are born with it. They call it "struggling with same sex attraction'.
Those of us that truly have been trained and educated thoroughly in The Bible always fall back on "Carry one another's burdens".

Again, if homosexuality is genetic, then it's pretty obvious that it's evolutions way of weeding out undesirable traits.

Yes, artificial means can thwart the natural selection process, but from an evolutionary standpoint, the implications are obvious,

Is it ok for heteros to use IVF or a surrogate? Or is that bad for gays only? :dunno:

In hetero families who use IVF or a surrogate, the child still ends up with a mother and a father. Not Heather has two Mommies.

However, IF gays can afford a surrogate and finds a willing surrogate, there is nothing immoral or illegal about them availing themselves of this avenue. Treating the children of such families as ordinary children with an ordinary normal family is another issue.

In hetero families who use IVF or a surrogate, the child still ends up with a mother and a father. Not Heather has two Mommies.

However, IF gays can afford a surrogate and finds a willing surrogate, there is nothing immoral or illegal about them availing themselves of this avenue. Treating the children of such families as ordinary children with an ordinary normal family is another issue.

I would hope that the children would be treated as well as any children.

While I do see homosexuality as an evolutionary tool nature uses to weed out certain genetic traits, I would hate to see anyone denied respect and kindness, especially children.

While I do see homosexuality as an evolutionary tool nature uses to weed out certain genetic traits, I would hate to see anyone denied respect and kindness, especially children.

One would imagine that homosexuality is an evolutionary tool used by nature to weed out certain genetic traits but history doesn't bear that out. Homosexuality seems to be a naturally occurring anomaly that exists in all cultures and ethnicities at roughly the same percentage and has maintained this percentage throughout history.

No one should be denied respect and kindness but no one should open the door to let this kind of abnormality into their own families to influence their own lives either. It's how toxicity spreads.

Again, if homosexuality is genetic, then it's pretty obvious that it's evolutions way of weeding out undesirable traits.

Yes, artificial means can thwart the natural selection process, but from an evolutionary standpoint, the implications are obvious,

How is any "weeding out undesirable traits" going on when homosexuals do quite well in all professional fields in the human race?
Sad that you believe that God weeds out certain humans when they have a gene in them that causes breast cancer, mental illness or translocational downs syndrome.
Really not sad, more sick than anything else.
You are comparing homosexuality to an illness.

One would imagine that homosexuality is an evolutionary tool used by nature to weed out certain genetic traits but history doesn't bear that out. Homosexuality seems to be a naturally occurring anomaly that exists in all cultures and ethnicities at roughly the same percentage and has maintained this percentage throughout history.

No one should be denied respect and kindness but no one should open the door to let this kind of abnormality into their own families to influence their own lives either. It's how toxicity spreads.

What do you mean by "no one should open the door to let this kind of abnormailty into their own families to influence their own lives either"?
I have homosexuals in my family and their "abnormality" in no way has a negative affect in any way whatsoever on anyone.
All of us love and respect them and fight for their rights.
How has their "abnormality" affected their inclusion into the military?
Latest DOD study has founf open service has HAD NO AFFECT WHATSOEVER on anything.
Same with all of society.

How is any "weeding out undesirable traits" going on when homosexuals do quite well in all professional fields in the human race?

So, you've actually been diagnosed as severely retarded, then?

Sad that you believe that God weeds out certain humans when they have a gene in them that causes breast cancer, mental illness or translocational downs syndrome.

There is no god, you drooling baboon. Cancer is an abnormality, a breakdown of function. But homosexuality you claim to be a genetic trait. If so, then clearly it is a process of natural selection, removing the homosexual from the breeding pool, and thus the gene pool.

You're an idiot - seriously

So, you've actually been diagnosed as severely retarded, then?

There is no god, you drooling baboon. Cancer is an abnormality, a breakdown of function. But homosexuality you claim to be a genetic trait. If so, then clearly it is a process of natural selection, removing the homosexual from the breeding pool, and thus the gene pool.

You're an idiot - seriously

LOL, I have admitted here many, many times that I am educated far beyond my intelligence. Just part of the package deal I had. Threw in tutors also.
I had to pay for the MBA though but it was easier with the free undergraduate deal.
Breast cancer is passed on genetically in 20%+ of the cases.
The homosexual is NOT the one removed from the breeding pool you fool, it is the FAULTY GENE, that is removed from the breeding pool.
And that faulty gene will skip a few generations and then show up again.
Nature insists on the survival of the species and thus the gay gene is constantly being removed. It can lay dormant for many generations and then it is removed when a gay person is born.
If there is a gene that leads to homosexuality is recessive, and no one knows for sure and I do not know for sure, or if it is a combination of genes that all have to be there for a person to be homosexual, it is possible for those gay genes to survive, even if the manifestation of those genes has a negative effect on reproductive success.
We don't know everything about many areas of natural selection with genetics but 2 things are for sure.
We can not rule out a genetic component.
You have little understanding of evolution, natural selection and genetics.

LOL, I have admitted here many, many times that I am educated far beyond my intelligence. Just part of the package deal I had. Threw in tutors also.
I had to pay for the MBA though but it was easier with the free undergraduate deal.

Well, my employer paid for my MBA, though I did pay for my own under grad education.

No sparky, a predisposition to breast cancer is genetic. The cancer itself is a systematic failure of the physiological process of cellular regeneration.

The homosexual is NOT the one removed from the breeding pool you fool, it is the FAULTY GENE, that is removed from the breeding pool.

ROFL

The homosexual, in a natural process, will not breed, ergo the genes are omitted from the species.

And that faulty gene will skip a few generations and then show up again.

As the cycle repeats, eventually the faulty gene fades away. IF there is a genetic component, that is.

Nature insists on the survival of the species and thus the gay gene is constantly being removed. It can lay dormant for many generations and then it is removed when a gay person is born.
If there is a gene that leads to homosexuality is recessive, and no one knows for sure and I do not know for sure,

No one knows, and you don't know, that there is a gene. Nurture vs. nature is far from resolved.

My guess is that there is a combination of both, a potential for homosexuality, coupled with emotional and psychological factors, thus explaining why the instance is rapidly increasing as social stigma is removed. IF this were actually genetic, the instance would decrease over time.

or if it is a combination of genes that all have to be there for a person to be homosexual, it is possible for those gay genes to survive, even if the manifestation of those genes has a negative effect on reproductive success.
We don't know everything about many areas of natural selection with genetics but 2 things are for sure.

ROFL

You demonstrate little understanding of anything other than your own religious bigotry.

What do you mean by "no one should open the door to let this kind of abnormailty into their own families to influence their own lives either"?
I have homosexuals in my family and their "abnormality" in no way has a negative affect in any way whatsoever on anyone.
All of us love and respect them and fight for their rights.
How has their "abnormality" affected their inclusion into the military?
Latest DOD study has founf open service has HAD NO AFFECT WHATSOEVER on anything.
Same with all of society.

Historically you are wrong, even though your individual experience was positive. Homosexuality has been part of the mainstream in many civilizations and cultures. It was never passed on as beneficial to any other culture or civilization. If it had been, homosexuality would have been considered normal since the time of the ancient Greeks.

I suggest that homosexuals do quite well in some professional fields because they do not have the distraction or the expense of having and raising any children.

We had three and adopted two more kids and we could have been incredibly wealthy if not for raising all of those little rug rats.

But the love I get from all of these kids couldn't be bought with all the money in the world, and I don't regret any of it.

btw, I did OK as a professional engineer and I am straight.

Well, my employer paid for my MBA, though I did pay for my own under grad education.

No sparky, a predisposition to breast cancer is genetic. The cancer itself is a systematic failure of the physiological process of cellular regeneration.

ROFL

The homosexual, in a natural process, will not breed, ergo the genes are omitted from the species.

As the cycle repeats, eventually the faulty gene fades away. IF there is a genetic component, that is.

If there is a gene that leads to homosexuality is recessive, and no one knows for sure and I do not know for sure,

No one knows, and you don't know, that there is a gene. Nurture vs. nature is far from resolved.

My guess is that there is a combination of both, a potential for homosexuality, coupled with emotional and psychological factors, thus explaining why the instance is rapidly increasing as social stigma is removed. IF this were actually genetic, the instance would decrease over time.

or if it is a combination of genes that all have to be there for a person to be homosexual, it is possible for those gay genes to survive, even if the manifestation of those genes has a negative effect on reproductive success.

ROFL

You demonstrate little understanding of anything other than your own religious bigotry.

Religous bigotry?
You will not find anyone on this board more opposed to persecution of gays by religous kooks than me.
Homosexuals can breed all they want. Reproductive genes are not weeded out.
And where is your evidence that all faulty genes weed away?
Never said there was a gene but I believe there is a strong probability genetics are involved.
Same with the medical community.
Your religous bigotry claim is as bogus as the rest of your post.

I suggest that homosexuals do quite well in some professional fields because they do not have the distraction or the expense of having and raising any children.

We had three and adopted two more kids and we could have been incredibly wealthy if not for raising all of those little rug rats.

But the love I get from all of these kids couldn't be bought with all the money in the world, and I don't regret any of it.

btw, I did OK as a professional engineer and I am straight.

Well, sort of agree and hard to argue with that as I have 3 kids!!
2 women across the street have 3 kids, she is a lawyer and her partner is a hospital administrator, or was one until she is raising the kids.
I never had kids UNTIL AFTER I finished college.
Homosexuals DID QUITE well BEFORE anyone at that age had any kids.
Your thesis is appreciated but is opinion only.
I know many gay couples with kids. But I do agree the accumulation of wealth is MUCH EASIER with no kids. Could not agree more!!
My last is a soph in Athens now, graduated 2 from there and even with the HOPE scholarship I am out 100K.
$$$ well spent!! Oh Athens, what a wonderful place, heaven on earth!

Up until the 1970's it was considered a mental illness. Do you really think that homosexuals are "normal"?

Do you know that in the deaf culture they don't believe being deaf is a defect and when given the option of giving their deaf children the cochlear ear implant so they can hear they usually turn it down? I learned that when I took ASL and it shocked me. How can they do that the their children?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "normal" either, but for entirely different reasons.

Forum List

Back