Chicago concealed carry gun owner kills robber...

Yes..another shooting for Chicago concealed carry permit holders......one day the criminals will get the point that democrats can no longer disarm the victims of crime...the victims can finally shoot back...

AP News - Police: Concealed carry license holder kills armed gunman

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say a customer with a concealed carry license shot and killed an armed man attempting to rob a neighborhood store.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said a masked man walked into the store and currency exchange about 7 p.m. Saturday on the city's southwest side, displayed a handgun and announced a robbery to an employ
Didn't know that robbery was a capital offense? Interesting.

It isn't if you survive the attempt. Moral of the story, if you don't want to get shot, don't attempt to rob people by threatening them with a gun, real or otherwise. Simple.

Based on your boasts in here, you wouldn't have handled this any differently than the survivor did. Or do you want to tell us that you would have wet your pants and handed over your wet wallet, while on your knees begging for your life of course. Didn't think so. Check and mate, you are dismissed.
Money is never worth a human life. Clear enough?

I disagree with you. Most of the people being robbed are poor. Thus they are then forced into a life of crime and the cycle continues. Far better to kill the violent felons then the rest of the poor people are left the hell alone. As usual you're just plain old wrong.

Well, he got away with the criminal part. Now time for the civil suit, for wrongful death. Killing a guy with paintball gun, see you in court...

Man with concealed carry license who killed attempted robber won't be charged
And, once again, you're dreaming. The family will have a hell of a hard time finding an attorney to take this case. And if they do they will lose. The shooter will end up owning the lawyers because the lawyer will lose the counter malicious prosecution case. You really are a one trick pony aren't you.... You truly have no clue how the real world works.
Finding a lawyer for this will take thirty seconds. Proving that the threat wasn't real won't be that hard. Now, had he been robbing the guy who shot him, that would have taken some effort.
Bullshit. Lawyers do not like to work for free. Given that this would be on a contingency fee basis and the descendent' death came in the middle of an armed fucking robbery perpetrated by him, there is no way in hell that there will be a payday.

Besides, the one to go after would be the store since they probably carry liability coverage. The shooter may or may not have assets, though he will be joined as a necessary party. Nonetheless, the insurance carrier will fight this tooth or nail given the absurdity of any such claim. Imagine, a wrongful death suit for the death of a violent felon shit during the course of a violent act started by him! Plaintiffs counsel will be disbarred!
You seem to have missed the fact that in our legal system you can indict a ham sandwich. I believe this was a wrongful death, that is what the jury will be told and it's up to them after that.

You, the perps mom, and maybe two others. Good luck with your case!

Well, he got away with the criminal part. Now time for the civil suit, for wrongful death. Killing a guy with paintball gun, see you in court...

And, once again, you're dreaming. The family will have a hell of a hard time finding an attorney to take this case. And if they do they will lose. The shooter will end up owning the lawyers because the lawyer will lose the counter malicious prosecution case. You really are a one trick pony aren't you.... You truly have no clue how the real world works.
Finding a lawyer for this will take thirty seconds. Proving that the threat wasn't real won't be that hard. Now, had he been robbing the guy who shot him, that would have taken some effort.
Bullshit. Lawyers do not like to work for free. Given that this would be on a contingency fee basis and the descendent' death came in the middle of an armed fucking robbery perpetrated by him, there is no way in hell that there will be a payday.

Besides, the one to go after would be the store since they probably carry liability coverage. The shooter may or may not have assets, though he will be joined as a necessary party. Nonetheless, the insurance carrier will fight this tooth or nail given the absurdity of any such claim. Imagine, a wrongful death suit for the death of a violent felon shit during the course of a violent act started by him! Plaintiffs counsel will be disbarred!
You seem to have missed the fact that in our legal system you can indict a ham sandwich. I believe this was a wrongful death, that is what the jury will be told and it's up to them after that.
More than enough, in this case. Actions have consequences eh? Killing someone certainly does.

Yes..another shooting for Chicago concealed carry permit holders......one day the criminals will get the point that democrats can no longer disarm the victims of crime...the victims can finally shoot back...

CHICAGO (AP) — Chicago police say a customer with a concealed carry license shot and killed an armed man attempting to rob a neighborhood store.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said a masked man walked into the store and currency exchange about 7 p.m. Saturday on the city's southwest side, displayed a handgun and announced a robbery to an employ

It isn't if you survive the attempt. Moral of the story, if you don't want to get shot, don't attempt to rob people by threatening them with a gun, real or otherwise. Simple.

Based on your boasts in here, you wouldn't have handled this any differently than the survivor did. Or do you want to tell us that you would have wet your pants and handed over your wet wallet, while on your knees begging for your life of course. Didn't think so. Check and mate, you are dismissed.
I disagree with you. Most of the people being robbed are poor. Thus they are then forced into a life of crime and the cycle continues. Far better to kill the violent felons then the rest of the poor people are left the hell alone. As usual you're just plain old wrong.
Boy is life cheap to you, why am I not surprised...

More than enough, in this case. Actions have consequences eh? Killing someone certainly does.

Yes. The perps actions led to his immediate death. See how that works!:laugh::laugh:

Paint is apparently also a total moron. This is simple stuff. That shooter is not going to be charged with a crime, even in Chicago. You point a gun at someone and a victim or bystander in the vicinity shoots and kills the guy, then it is self-defense. If he is shot fleeing, then you would probably see a voluntary manslaughter charge, but that is not what happened here.
We'll see, but if there was no threat, it's second-degree murder. Keep that in mind eh?
It would be a truly moronic ADA that would bring that case to court. The shooter would be thanked by the members of the jury. You really have no clue just how stupid your position is, do you....
Kids, you can't just shoot people committing a crime. Now you know.

Sure you can. Break into my house or try and carjack me and I'll prove it.
Only when they are a threat to you in most cases, not just because you see a crime in progress.

If you see someone elses life in danger you can intercede on their behalf with deadly force.

Yes. The perps actions led to his immediate death. See how that works!:laugh::laugh:
I see that as long as it's a human you don't care for you are all for spilling blood, no matter who does it.

We'll see, but if there was no threat, it's second-degree murder. Keep that in mind eh?
It would be a truly moronic ADA that would bring that case to court. The shooter would be thanked by the members of the jury. You really have no clue just how stupid your position is, do you....

Only when they are a threat to you in most cases, not just because you see a crime in progress.

If you see someone elses life in danger you can intercede on their behalf with deadly force.
You can, of course, but that doesn't mean you won't face criminal charges, or in this case, a civil lawsuit.

Assholes who ignore the rights of others are indeed cheap. There are too many of them, their actions directly contribute to the lower standard of living that those in the inner cities are forced to endure. How much better do you think the peoples lives, who live in those areas, would be if assholes like that weren't around. I suggest that the cost to society for letting scumbags like that around are far greater than the bullet that put him down.

I see that as long as it's a human you don't care for you are all for spilling blood, no matter who does it.

Hey, you're the one who thinks that pretty much everyone should be killed to keep the planet nice. I only don't care when scumbags are killed. Nor do I care who does it.

Assholes who ignore the rights of others are indeed cheap. There are too many of them, their actions directly contribute to the lower standard of living that those in the inner cities are forced to endure. How much better do you think the peoples lives, who live in those areas, would be if assholes like that weren't around. I suggest that the cost to society for letting scumbags like that around are far greater than the bullet that put him down.
What you propose is nothing Law and Order, is vigilantism...

You can, of course, but that doesn't mean you won't face criminal charges, or in this case, a civil lawsuit.

Tell that to Joe Horn.

Hey, you're the one who thinks that pretty much everyone should be killed to keep the planet nice. I only don't care when scumbags are killed. Nor do I care who does it.
Not pretty much everyone, all humans. The species is a disease and that is a philosophical position, an acknowledgment that other species also have rights, not a call for blood in the streets as you are doing.

What you propose is nothing Law and Order, is vigilantism...

No, it's not. I am not advocating people hunt these scumbags down and kill them. What I am saying is that when these scumbags commit a crime, and are killed in the commission of that crime, I don't care. They played the odds and they lost.

Love these stories where a thug bastard gets put down by a carrier!
I'm sure that you do. You are all for vigilante "justice", most gun-nuts are. They can't wait to play John Wayne...
Nope, just love seeing you leftist pigs take a punch in the gut over the reality of concealed carry: it protects people from the scum that the left loves to champion.
Killing a guy who probably would have left peacefully with some cash is not protecting society. That is not worth a human life. That is why nearly everything like that has,as policy, do what he says and give him the cash. Do not go after him or you're fired. That is for the protection of the customers and the staff.
was there a probability he would kill them? just curious if you think all criminals have a heart or not.

Tell that to Joe Horn.
Never heard of him. Should I care?

Not pretty much everyone, all humans. The species is a disease and that is a philosophical position, an acknowledgment that other species also have rights, not a call for blood in the streets as you are doing.
ah, there's that all human thing again with you, yep kill them all. Not sure why it bothers you since you want everyone dead anyway.

Forum List

Back