Chicago Fire TV Show Anti-Gun Episode

Admiral Rockwell Tory

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2015
Tonight I watched the DVR'ed episode of Chicago fire that aired on Thursday night "A Chance to Forgive" was just another example of the idiocy being spread by Hollywood's ignorant anti-gun crowd.

In the episode, the firehouse responds to a fire in a private residence. They arrive to find the son, saying that his parents were still inside. Upon entering the home, they find search and find a man, the father, who has been injured and rescue him. They later find the mother in the kitchen, but her injury appears to be from a gunshot wound. All of a sudden, gunfire breaks out. Two firefighters searching upstairs are hit by gunfire.

Rounds are penetrating the floors, knocking out windows, and they have no idea where the shooter is. One of the firefighters comes to, and realizes that she has not been hit except in the radio on her turnout gear, yet she was knocked unconscious. She discovers the other firefighter is bleeding profusely from the back of his head. The chief makes the call that because of the gunfire, no one can enter to help until the gunman is no longer a threat. The son then comes forward and tells the chief that there is no gunman and that he has ammo and guns stored in his room. Although rounds are still cooking off, the rescue is made and the firefighter's serious injuries consume the vast majority of the remainder of the episode.

There were two episodes shown that night that were completely unrelated, with the first being primarily about a battered wife. Could that episode have planned to precede Saturday's marches? Were they throwing fuel on the fire (pun intended)?

Now, for the bad news, ammo that is NOT stored in a weapon is actually a very minor threat to firefighters because the exhaust gases must be contained by the weapon to build up enough velocity for the round to be a threat.

The firefighter's radio being destroyed by a cooked off round is highly improbable, especially after the damaged portion is shown. The other firefighter's severe injury also seems highly unlikely if the ammo was enclosed in any type of container, such as the closet where the son indicated they were stored. The rounds blasting homes in walls, floors and glass are a complete fabrication.

If you don't think I have my facts straight, check out the link below:

How Ammunition Reacts in a Fire — SAAMI Video Report « Daily Bulletin

So, don’t watch the show anymore.

Otherwise, who cares.

Among the more ridiculous manifestations of rightwing idiocy is the moronic notion that just because a TV show is subjectively perceived as ‘anti-gun’ everyone watching the show will suddenly become ‘anti-gun’ – with ‘gun confiscation’ starting the next day.

Otherwise, who cares.

Among the more ridiculous manifestations of rightwing idiocy is the moronic notion that just because a TV show is subjectively perceived as ‘anti-gun’ everyone watching the show will suddenly become ‘anti-gun’ – with ‘gun confiscation’ starting the next day.
Oh, really? Where did I say anything like that?

It is called projecting, and that is apparently what you do best![/QUOTE]

Otherwise, who cares.

Oh, really? Where did I say anything like that?

It is called projecting, and that is apparently what you do best!
what jones does best is not reply to anything when someone questions the shit he throws up......

Tonight I watched the DVR'ed episode of Chicago fire that aired on Thursday night "A Chance to Forgive" was just another example of the idiocy being spread by Hollywood's ignorant anti-gun crowd.

In the episode, the firehouse responds to a fire in a private residence. They arrive to find the son, saying that his parents were still inside. Upon entering the home, they find search and find a man, the father, who has been injured and rescue him. They later find the mother in the kitchen, but her injury appears to be from a gunshot wound. All of a sudden, gunfire breaks out. Two firefighters searching upstairs are hit by gunfire.

Rounds are penetrating the floors, knocking out windows, and they have no idea where the shooter is. One of the firefighters comes to, and realizes that she has not been hit except in the radio on her turnout gear, yet she was knocked unconscious. She discovers the other firefighter is bleeding profusely from the back of his head. The chief makes the call that because of the gunfire, no one can enter to help until the gunman is no longer a threat. The son then comes forward and tells the chief that there is no gunman and that he has ammo and guns stored in his room. Although rounds are still cooking off, the rescue is made and the firefighter's serious injuries consume the vast majority of the remainder of the episode.

There were two episodes shown that night that were completely unrelated, with the first being primarily about a battered wife. Could that episode have planned to precede Saturday's marches? Were they throwing fuel on the fire (pun intended)?

Now, for the bad news, ammo that is NOT stored in a weapon is actually a very minor threat to firefighters because the exhaust gases must be contained by the weapon to build up enough velocity for the round to be a threat.

The firefighter's radio being destroyed by a cooked off round is highly improbable, especially after the damaged portion is shown. The other firefighter's severe injury also seems highly unlikely if the ammo was enclosed in any type of container, such as the closet where the son indicated they were stored. The rounds blasting homes in walls, floors and glass are a complete fabrication.

Sounds like bad writing..but you, and others, seem to find a deep political anti-gun conspiracy in things like this..and all i see is Hollywood's eternal attempting to make money by taking advantage of whatever's hot. Yes, mass media influences our world..but I see a lot more violence being programmed than i do anti-gun agit/prop.

Sounds like bad writing..but you, and others, seem to find a deep political anti-gun conspiracy in things like this..and all i see is Hollywood's eternal attempting to make money by taking advantage of whatever's hot. Yes, mass media influences our world..but I see a lot more violence being programmed than i do anti-gun agit/prop.

You obviously have not watched the episode in question.

Well..ya got me there. I'm not questioning that it had an obvious topical agenda---those shows strive for it. I just wonder how much is actual intent..vs....just hitch-hiking on the trend.

Well..ya got me there. I'm not questioning that it had an obvious topical agenda---those shows strive for it. I just wonder how much is actual intent..vs....just hitch-hiking on the trend.

It was blatant, so I am going with actual intent.

Otherwise, who cares.

They know that the POTUS believes everything he sees on TV.
Imagine what he might do if he saw that episode?

Otherwise, who cares.

They know that the POTUS believes everything he sees on TV.
Imagine what he might do if he saw that episode?
LoL! The only way Trump would tune into Chicago Fire..is if he thought it was breaking news!

Apparently they never threw a box of bullets into the fire when they were kids. I did.

It's the chamber that builds up the pressure to launch the bullet.

That being said: Two nails into a sapling, laying a shotgun shell on them, and setting it off with a .22 can actually top it.

:eek: If I had put a nail on top to hold the rim better! :eek: Further investigation is necessary. :rolleyes:

you know it's fiction, right?

Your existence is what I wish were fiction.

I was a Navy firefighter for many years and the other stuff they do is hilarious also, but this is purely political posturing and disinformation.

Last edited:

I was a Navy firefighter for many years and the other stuff they do is hilarious also, but this purely political posturing and disinformation.

There should be an "is" in there somewhere.

I was a Navy firefighter for many years and the other stuff they do is hilarious also, but this purely political posturing and disinformation.

Thanks!

"Del" is fiction...he's one of Doc's socks.
busy.gif

Thanks!

yw

The only firearm cartridge that represents a serious threat when exposed to flame or excessive heat is one which is chambered in a weapon. The rest will behave much like firecrackers and the only danger will occur as minor shrapnel in the form of tiny brass casing particles. There will be no energized bullets flying more than a few feet from the detonating heat source. Each exposed cartridge will simply burst. There will be lots of pops, but no serious "bangs."

I was a Navy firefighter for many years and the other stuff they do is hilarious also, but this is purely political posturing and disinformation.
lol

Forum List

Back