Chicago pastor asks man in drag to leave church, "go put on man clothes"...my kind of guy!

Other people. There has never, ever been anyone who has the authority to speak for a Supreme Being throughout the ages that humans have been on earth
You only say that because you don't accept the Bible.

Rebels DIED because they rejected the authority of....
Moses
Peter

Shall I give the scriptural references, or are you good.

The pastor was possibly wrong because non believers are not banned from attending church and there is no dress code, at least for non believers.

If the man, over time, became a believer, he would have been moved by the Holy Spirit to dress appropriately.

If the man was only there to mock God, then the pastor was right to ask him to leave.

Why would someone be in church to "mock God"? What is a "non-believer"? You sound like you are a member of the cults.

You sound like you have no understanding of the Bible whatsoever.

I do not believe that the bible is infallible or inerrant. You are also assuming that I am a Christian. I may be, but not your type. Why do you assume? Are you a southern baptist or something?

religion is all man made fake crap--so it doesn't really matter
Fake or not it defines the belief system for millions of people making it a significant factor in our world
.....hundreds of thousands followed hitler/stalin/Jim Jones--so that's irrelevant if people believe
it causes wars--how nice

also--these same people that believe molest/rape CHILDREN
and it's not just the '''christian'' priest that do--the hierarchy tries/tried to cover it up
they fked over Galileo for his scientific thoughts
they murdered and tortured people
they raped and pillaged

so--it's fake---but it's a significant factor???!
that's like saying hitler was wrong, but since people believed in him, he is ok
You think I’m trying to say that Hitler or child molesting priests is ok? Are you high?

All I said is that it is a significant factor in all of our lives, either directly or indirectly. You can keep playing your little game dismissing conversations by saying it’s all fake. But I see no use in taking that approach.
''all''??!! ---wrong
and if it is a significant factor, it's fake/false/useless/etc
Whether you believe it or not is irrelevant. Whether other people’s beliefs are true or false is irrelevant. When millions of people shape societies based on a belief system it is relevant whether you like it or not. Sorry but that’s the way it is
when religious people start wars over religion--it IS relevant
when religious people try to meddle in politics/etc for religious reasons, it is relevant

you can't prove there is a god--final
what a wasted of $$$/time/etc it is

I think the pastor was wrong. It's not his business what sexual gender the person is or was, it is that the person's spirit was in the church, isn't that what Christianity is about??

If this was a prank then its understandable.
So if the tranny had sex under the pulpit with his gay boyfriend, you'd be okay with that. NPCs are mind numbed robots to liberalism.

I wouldn't be okay with that. But then again, I wouldn't be okay with a heterosexual couple who had been married for several years having sex under the pulpit in order to conceive, either.

See? You can take silly examples to extremes in either direction.

That reminds me, many many years ago I banged my girlfriend on the floor of the balcony inside a Lutheran church.
She was yelling out "oh god, ohhhhhhhhh god !!!"

True story...........okay, I made up the last part.
SINNER!!!

Not if he is tax exempt

His tax exemption doesn’t have shit to do with anything. I actually agree with your position that he shouldn’t have kicked the guy out, but stop making shit up

The pastor was possibly wrong because non believers are not banned from attending church and there is no dress code, at least for non believers.

If the man, over time, became a believer, he would have been moved by the Holy Spirit to dress appropriately.

If the man was only there to mock God, then the pastor was right to ask him to leave.

Why would someone be in church to "mock God"? What is a "non-believer"? You sound like you are a member of the cults.

I do not believe that the bible is infallible or inerrant. You are also assuming that I am a Christian. I may be, but not your type. Why do you assume? Are you a southern baptist or something?

If I were to have assumed anything, not that I did, it would have been that you’re a non believer, either an atheist or an agnostic.

If I were to have assumed anything, not that I did, it would have been that you’re a non believer, either an atheist or an agnostic.

Assume what you wish. You're the one with the "moved by the Holy Spirit," "mock God" -type stuff.

Who is defining "religious decrees and beliefs"???

Frankly I have no idea...and until I see credible proof that an immortal, supernatural being exists or once existed, I really don't care.

Excuse me while I return to watching Ancient Aliens.

Peace.

Who is defining "religious decrees and beliefs"???

Frankly I have no idea...and until I see credible proof that an immortal, supernatural being exists or once existed, I really don't care.

Excuse me while I return to watching Ancient Aliens.

Peace.

I remain skeptical about so much of this. We hear all of these pronouncements about "the church" says this, "Christians" say that, "the bishops" say this. Who are these guys? No names. No faces. No biographies. Do Billy Jones and Fred Smith get together and decide something over drinks? What are their qualifications as opposed to the qualifications of the rest of us? They are merely human beings like the rest of us. There is no red telephone to the Beyond.

I simply am not a follower. I think what I want to think about the supernatural, regardless of whether it exists in reality or not.

Forum List

Back