Chicago sends Smollett a bill for $130k

So now you have the Feds. The Feds have a big problem. Most people in Chicago HATE Trump with a passion. This is why no one really believed Jussie's story. Trump supporters are so hated no one goes out in a MAGA hat in Public. They'd get their asses kicked. Any prosecution will be interpreted in Chicago for what it is.. Trump's butthurt. We can't wait to nullify that shit.

Just because there is hatred of the President in Chicago is no reason not to prosecute this hate crime. Moving the case to a different jurisdiction where President Trump would get a fair trial is definitely a consideration. Mailing anthrax- phony or not- is a terroristic act and Mr. Smollett can be sent to Gitmo and tried by a military tribunal which would eliminate any bias against President Trump.

But even if the trial happened in Chicago, it would be well worth it to go through the motions and put Smollett through the ringer and the expense and let others see that this kind of shit isn't tolerated. Even patriotic libs realize it.

Back in 1947, Strom Thurmond was the newly elected Liberal governor of South Carolina, and a young man by the name of Willie Earle was lynched in Greenville. He brought 2 dozen perpetrators to trial. And although they were acquitted by an angry public, other lynch mobs seen the hassle they would get in South Carolina and that was the last lynching they had there.

Going through the motions has its benefits.

He may sue. He probably won't win but he will stick it to the tax payer, again.

another good reason to drop this whole matter, then.

Not suing will make this kind of hoax acceptable and we'll see a lot more of it. Next time someone comes forward and alleges a hate crime, they won't get an audience at all and be denounced immediately by the people as a phony.

Mr. Smollett shouldn't have called 911 or gone to the hospital at all, and just made his allegations in the Fake News Media. Lying to MSNBC or CNN to try and damage the president isn't a crime at all.

Just because there is hatred of the President in Chicago is no reason not to prosecute this hate crime.

Except it wasn't a hate crime. It was a hoax. And there's really no good reason to prosecute it, since no one got hurt and no one's property was damaged.

Moving the case to a different jurisdiction where President Trump would get a fair trial is definitely a consideration.

President Trump isn't on trial here. He should be on trial for other things, but not this.

Mailing anthrax- phony or not- is a terroristic act and Mr. Smollett can be sent to Gitmo and tried by a military tribunal which would eliminate any bias against President Trump.

Uh, guy, it's been 17 years since we arrested Khalid Bin Mohammed, and we can't even put HIM on trial yet. That's how messed up that system is.

Look, I realize that he hurt your feelings by pointing out that folks would find the concept of MAGA Nazis beating up a gay kid to be plausible, but that's something you all should work on by not being racist and homophobic.

But even if the trial happened in Chicago, it would be well worth it to go through the motions and put Smollett through the ringer and the expense and let others see that this kind of shit isn't tolerated. Even patriotic libs realize it.

Or it could backfire spectacularly in your face when a jury acquits him. Here's the problem... we just threw out a Mayor, a Police Superintendent and a States Attorney because we don't like how they've handled various amounts of police misconduct.

Now you want to have a trial of the Police vs. a popular celebrity after your local States Attorney just admitted this case wasn't worth it. Um, yeah, that would look really bad.

Back in 1947, Strom Thurmond was the newly elected Liberal governor of South Carolina, and a young man by the name of Willie Earle was lynched in Greenville. He brought 2 dozen perpetrators to trial. And although they were acquitted by an angry public, other lynch mobs seen the hassle they would get in South Carolina and that was the last lynching they had there.

That had nothing to do with Strom, who spent the rest of his career pandering to racists.

Not suing will make this kind of hoax acceptable and we'll see a lot more of it. Next time someone comes forward and alleges a hate crime, they won't get an audience at all and be denounced immediately by the people as a phony.

You bigots will deny hate crimes as phoney if they happen or not. If the police get off their asses and investigate and find evidence, there will still be real prosecutions, though.

Mr. Smollett shouldn't have called 911 or gone to the hospital at all, and just made his allegations in the Fake News Media. Lying to MSNBC or CNN to try and damage the president isn't a crime at all.

Oh, but I bet you'd like it to be. So let's boil this down to what upsets you. You aren't upset that he faked a crime, you are upset he insulted your idol.

I just can't get worked up about that.

Its shouldn't have been dropped. Now people are going to be coming out of the woodwork's with false hate crimes.

Why would they do that? If anything, this case would probably discourage such things, because it shows the police can figure it out if they actually apply an effort.

The real problem is, usually, they don't. They take a statement, and unless they have video or something like that, they just file it under "I don't give a shit".

Just because there is hatred of the President in Chicago is no reason not to prosecute this hate crime.

Except it wasn't a hate crime. It was a hoax. And there's really no good reason to prosecute it, since no one got hurt and no one's property was damaged.

Moving the case to a different jurisdiction where President Trump would get a fair trial is definitely a consideration.

President Trump isn't on trial here. He should be on trial for other things, but not this.

Mailing anthrax- phony or not- is a terroristic act and Mr. Smollett can be sent to Gitmo and tried by a military tribunal which would eliminate any bias against President Trump.

Uh, guy, it's been 17 years since we arrested Khalid Bin Mohammed, and we can't even put HIM on trial yet. That's how messed up that system is.

Look, I realize that he hurt your feelings by pointing out that folks would find the concept of MAGA Nazis beating up a gay kid to be plausible, but that's something you all should work on by not being racist and homophobic.

Or it could backfire spectacularly in your face when a jury acquits him. Here's the problem... we just threw out a Mayor, a Police Superintendent and a States Attorney because we don't like how they've handled various amounts of police misconduct.

Now you want to have a trial of the Police vs. a popular celebrity after your local States Attorney just admitted this case wasn't worth it. Um, yeah, that would look really bad.

That had nothing to do with Strom, who spent the rest of his career pandering to racists.

You bigots will deny hate crimes as phoney if they happen or not. If the police get off their asses and investigate and find evidence, there will still be real prosecutions, though.

Oh, but I bet you'd like it to be. So let's boil this down to what upsets you. You aren't upset that he faked a crime, you are upset he insulted your idol.

I just can't get worked up about that.

Sure, this was a hate crime, do you think that put Mr. Smollett up to this were motivate by their love of our President? I don't think so.

As far as the trial of KSM, it was Obama who pulled it out of New York City, not President Trump. I don't see any particular hurry on that.

As far as the 1947 lynching trial I cited, Mr. Thurmond was a leftist at the time and in spite of that, he still insisted on a trial that the locals in Greenville didn't want. Later in his career, if you'll remember, he was a prime mover of the nomination of Clarence Thomas' nomination, "The Jackie Robinson of the Supreme Court". Further, his love for his African American progeny was legendary, he loved black broads as well as the white ones during his epic life.

But he served community service and paid a $10,000 fine.

Which is probably as good as you guys are going to get.

Why are you glad he got away with a hoax?
He as not gotten away with it yet. The state and Feds can still charge him on the grounds it was a hate crime.
If this were to happen, what is the maximum sentence that he could get?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
'Smell-it' could get ten years if convicted of committing the federal crimes he may be convicted of.
Don't send hate mail and ground up white powder through the mail system.
RE has told 'Smell-it' he has seven days to pay up of RE WILL drop a dime to the FBI.

Its shouldn't have been dropped. Now people are going to be coming out of the woodwork's with false hate crimes.

Why would they do that? If anything, this case would probably discourage such things, because it shows the police can figure it out if they actually apply an effort.

The real problem is, usually, they don't. They take a statement, and unless they have video or something like that, they just file it under "I don't give a shit".

The police won't make an effort in the future, since they see its pointless now. They would be better served by putting the effort forward on other incidents that the powers that be actually want to see prosecuted.

But he served community service and paid a $10,000 fine.

Which is probably as good as you guys are going to get.

Why are you glad he got away with a hoax?
He as not gotten away with it yet. The state and Feds can still charge him on the grounds it was a hate crime.
If this were to happen, what is the maximum sentence that he could get?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
'Smell-it' could get ten years if convicted of committing the federal crimes he may be convicted of.
Don't send hate mail and ground up white powder through the mail system.
RE has told 'Smell-it' he has seven days to pay up of RE WILL drop a dime to the FBI.

I really could care less if Smollett makes a payoff to Emmanuel or not. The key IMHO would be for Mr. Smollett just to come clean and confess and let the authorities know who put him up to it. Give authorities the names of those higher on the Food Chain, and as far as I would be concerned, the police should just let this doofus go.

Thanks for illustrating the problem. Shooting people is NOT part of the job. They are to protect the people, not shoot them.

And, yes, there was a coverup. That the judge decided to ignore it is part of the problem. People are still angry about it, which is why Foxx didn't want to try "Smollett vs. the CPD".

I don't know about Chicago, but in Ohio as well as Pennsylvania, police officers are REQUIRED to carry loaded firearms on duty, because it is part of their job to shoot people when needed.

I have no problem- if police aren't required to carry weaponry and it isn't part of the job- its a different story. Really, after Van Dyke was charged and basically given a death sentence as a cop behind bars- if I worked for the Chicago PD, I'd leave my gun in the police cruiser and use my wiles to stay alive
That's right dumb-fuck. And the first time some inner city gang-banger fired his illegal handgun at you he'd kill you.

Thanks for illustrating the problem. Shooting people is NOT part of the job. They are to protect the people, not shoot them.

And, yes, there was a coverup. That the judge decided to ignore it is part of the problem. People are still angry about it, which is why Foxx didn't want to try "Smollett vs. the CPD".

I don't know about Chicago, but in Ohio as well as Pennsylvania, police officers are REQUIRED to carry loaded firearms on duty, because it is part of their job to shoot people when needed.

I have no problem- if police aren't required to carry weaponry and it isn't part of the job- its a different story. Really, after Van Dyke was charged and basically given a death sentence as a cop behind bars- if I worked for the Chicago PD, I'd leave my gun in the police cruiser and use my wiles to stay alive
That's right dumb-fuck. And the first time some inner city gang-banger fired his illegal handgun at you he'd kill you.

Not necessarily. I guess you've never heard of bulletproof vests and other protection. Further, a police officer is supposed to be a alert and would do what he could to avoid inner city gang-bangers in the first place. As long as there are jay-walking tickets to be written and donut shop waitresses to flirt with, disagreeable individuals like Cripz and/or Bloodz can be avoided almost entirely.

Not necessarily. I guess you've never heard of bulletproof vests and other protection. Further, a police officer is supposed to be a alert and would do what he could to avoid inner city gang-bangers in the first place. As long as there are jay-walking tickets to be written and donut shop waitresses to flirt with, disagreeable individuals like Cripz and/or Bloodz can be avoided almost entirely.
You're a fucking IDIOT!
"OK all you LEOs! Listen up! This is the police chief talking! I want you all to remember to do to theses things today while on duty.
A: Leave your guns in the patrol car. Don't worry that when you leave your car some fucking gangbangers are going to smash the window and steal your guns.
B: Put on your bullet proof vest. The 'bad guys won't know you are wearing it so they will always aim for where your vest might stop you from getting killed.
C: Whatever you all do don't go anywhere near where any Crips or Bloods hang out!
If you get any calls to go near those bad places just don't answer the phone.
OK everyone get out there and have a wonderful day!".
Sounds like the PC of Baltimore!
FUCKING IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sure, this was a hate crime, do you think that put Mr. Smollett up to this were motivate by their love of our President? I don't think so.

We know why he did it... because he wanted to raise his profile on the show and get more money and screen time.

As far as the trial of KSM, it was Obama who pulled it out of New York City, not President Trump. I don't see any particular hurry on that.

Really? Guy conspires to kill 3000 people, we have him dead to rights and we can't try him because they tortured him and invalidated all the evidence? You don't see this as a big deal?

As far as the 1947 lynching trial I cited, Mr. Thurmond was a leftist at the time and in spite of that, he still insisted on a trial that the locals in Greenville didn't want. Later in his career, if you'll remember, he was a prime mover of the nomination of Clarence Thomas' nomination, "The Jackie Robinson of the Supreme Court". Further, his love for his African American progeny was legendary, he loved black broads as well as the white ones during his epic life.

Raping the 16 year old maid and paying her hush money for the rest of her life was hardly an act of love.

Strom was racist piece of shit, through and through. In 1948, after this supposed prosecution, he ran against Harry Truman because Truman took TEPID steps towards desegregation. Putting Uncle Thomas on SCOTUS was a slap in the face to black folks.

The police won't make an effort in the future, since they see its pointless now. They would be better served by putting the effort forward on other incidents that the powers that be actually want to see prosecuted.

If you really think that one case changes how cops operate, you are deluded.

I think there is a problem in the State's Attorney's Office and the CPD have a high level of acrimony that goes beyond this case.

I really could care less if Smollett makes a payoff to Emmanuel or not. The key IMHO would be for Mr. Smollett just to come clean and confess and let the authorities know who put him up to it. Give authorities the names of those higher on the Food Chain, and as far as I would be concerned, the police should just let this doofus go.

Who said anyone put him up to it? Seems to me that if this was a conspiracy, they'd have planned it better, like hiring actual white guys to do the beatdown.

Again- my guess, they got some dirt on the cops investigating this and Foxx didn't want to go to Court with "Son of Fuhrman" as her key witness.

Who said anyone put him up to it? Seems to me that if this was a conspiracy, they'd have planned it better, like hiring actual white guys to do the beatdown.

Again- my guess, they got some dirt on the cops investigating this and Foxx didn't want to go to Court with "Son of Fuhrman" as her key witness.

The Maha Rushdie hypothesized that it was likely a planned event. After all, the hoax pushed all the liberals buttons, "homophobia" , "racism" "maga" and "Trump", and was timed to coincide with the big unveiling of "anti lynching" legislation in Congress.

They figured they were good to go with radical leftists in the Chicago government like Ms. Foxx and Dead Fish, the only thing they miscalculated on was they didn't think the police would actually investigate the matter. After the embarrassment the police went through this past month, they won't have to worry about that next time.

Yes, blame the cops for the "snitches get stitches" community mindset....

Oh, no.

I blame the cops for the Van Dyke Coverup....

I blame the cops for John Burge torturing confessions out of people for crimes they didn't do.

I blame Ronald Watts for planting drugs on people and sending them to jail.

There was no Van Dyke "coverup", the men accused were found as innocent as newborn babes.

But police shootings are VERY RARELY murders. Police officers are required to carry firearms, and are responsible to determine who needs to be shot and to perform that duty when necessary. shooting people is just part of the job.
Down and Out From Looking Up to Lowlife Lords

Criminals aren't "people"; they are subhuman mutants who must be eliminated once they show us which side of the law they are genetically programmed to represent. Any ruling class that gives rights to druggie scumbags who threaten law-enforcement officers with knives must be overthrown. Anyone who tolerates the people who pass out rights like gimme caps deserves to have his daughter raped by those the Libera/Conservative Axis turns loose on us as decoys.to distract us from its anti-majority capital treason.

Forum List

Back