Chief Justice Roberts Rebukes Trump

But the legislative branch, at the will of the people, is supposed to make the law. Not judges’ (mis)interpretations of existing law.
Well, that certainly is easy and convenient to say, when it suits your narrative du jour, but there is a reason we have an appeals process and different levels of courrts. Otherwise, we could just use a computer algorithm to dispense justice.
You have that completely backwards.
Wow man, that's deep. You're a deep thinker.
I thought it was pretty obvious. You can’t rebut?
You made no argument. No rebuttal is required to such a stunted, meaningless statement, besides "Nuh-uh!"
My post was pointed and succinct. Don’t blame me for your abbreviated intellect.

Obama couldn't dodge a draft that wasn't there, so no, he's not a draft dodger.

No drill instructor would want Obama as a recruit.

ss-obama-girls-bike.jpg
Obama went to a war zone.

Trump's a pu$$y.

Trump is such a pu$$y, he only likes soldiers who weren't captured.

Lib please Obama is a coward.

LMAO the SCOTUS routinely overturns the liberal 9th circuit court of appeals decisions proving Trump correct. The judiciary may not like hearing they are corrupt and biased, too bad we elected Trump to set them straight.

Not sure what you were trying to say. But Chief Justice Roberts is on the US Supreme Court.
I do not think he realizes that the Judicial is a coequal branch to the Executive and the Legislative.

That forbids Trump from criticizing the judicial branch? Under what Constitution? :itsok:

Criticizing? That isn’t what you said. You talked about him setting them straight. Like you don’t understand the very Constitution you are attempting to invoke.

I destroyed you, go lick your wounds.

“In rare rebuke, Chief Justice Roberts slams Trump for comment about 'Obama judge'”

Further proof that Trump is unfit to be president, that he has no understanding of the law and responsible pubic policy.

It’s rare because we haven’t had a president with such contempt for the rule of law since Nixon.

What's amusing about that is Barack Obama did things that Nixon could only DREAM about! Tricky Dick had to use the "plumbers" to spy on his political opponents...Barry used FISA court warrants to get the job done! Nixon attempted to use the IRS against his political opponents and was unsuccessful...Obama on the other hand had people in the IRS targeting conservatives. Nixon had an adversarial relationship with the Press and yet he still didn't spy on them like Barack Obama did. The laws for transparency that were put into place because of Nixon? The Obama Administration violated almost ALL of them and did so repeatedly!

Trump did something unconstitutional. If he was a black guy, the pseuedocons would have added that to their growing List O'Reasons To Impeach they used to copy and paste on this forum a few years ago.

A federal judge placed an injunction on Trump's action.

So, as predictable as the sun rising in the east (thanks to Emperor Trump!), our President whined about the judge being an "Obama judge".

The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court normally keeps himself above the fray, but I guess yet another criticism of a judge by Perpetual Defendant Donald got to him. So he told Trump to knock it off.

Which means, of course. that John Roberts is a fucking homo muslim democrat America hater.

In rare rebuke, Chief Justice Roberts slams Trump for comment about 'Obama judge'

RG may disagree with you.
Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg calls Trump a 'faker,' he says she should resign - CNNPolitics

Trump is losing his own judiciary

They will not defend his illegal actions

Trump did something unconstitutional. If he was a black guy, the pseuedocons would have added that to their growing List O'Reasons To Impeach they used to copy and paste on this forum a few years ago.

So, as predictable as the sun rising in the east (thanks to Emperor Trump!), our President whined about the judge being an "Obama judge".

The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court normally keeps himself above the fray, but I guess yet another criticism of a judge by Perpetual Defendant Donald got to him. So he told Trump to knock it off.

Which means, of course. that John Roberts is a fucking homo muslim democrat America hater.

In rare rebuke, Chief Justice Roberts slams Trump for comment about 'Obama judge'

Chief Justice Roberts' comments are wishful thinking! There are indeed Obama judges and that's made clear by who you liberals run to in order to get rulings against President Trump. You know as well as I do that is the case because you know which courts are always chosen by you to get the results you're looking for.

Roberts was appointed by W. He would hardly appoint a liberal judge. You and trump are so full or shit...your eyes are deep, stinking brown...

Justice Roberts, Justice Roberts, is that the same justice Roberts that twice took it upon himself to unconstitutionally rewrite the ACA? I guess no one told him the Constitution limited legislative powers to the congress, OH WAIT, shouldn't he have know that?

Yeah, what does a Supreme Court Justice homo muslim democrat America hater know about the constitutionality of Obamacare.

You know better than he does.

No need to project so strongly. Show me in the ACA that authorized an individual mandate TAX. Also show me where congress said in the law that subsidies could be paid to anyone other than those purchasing insurance from State Exchanges.

While you're at in tell the class why the supremes denied a line item veto to the president. You'll find the court has assumed that power also.

Come on you loud mouthed fuck wad, put up or shut up.

Trump lovers are children.....They have raised their level of sycophancy up to level 10 in comparison to their Bush sycophancy days...

I seriously believe that in the coming few months, Trump will have his cult followers coming out on the side of the 9/11 hijackers simply because most of then were from Saudi Arabia and how spectacular that most make them.

So all you got is your ignorant opinion, no rebuttals, just commie BS.

.,l..

"Roberts said Wednesday the U.S. doesn't have "Obama judges or Trump judges, Bush judges or Clinton judges." He commented in a statement released by the Supreme Court after a query by The Associated Press."

With all respect to Roberts, who does he think he's kidding?

So you think judges are incapable of ruling without partisanship?

The stupid judge in SF violated the latest SCOTUS ruling on travel limitations, so partisanship is the only explanation.

Holy crap. In Trumper World ROBERTS is a liberal now?

Are ya kidding??

trump has taken the , once proud presidency, and destroyed it's decency. He is nothing more than a Mafia Boss in the White House.

Either his leaps toward a totalitarian nation are checked...or we will be no better than any other totalitarian, third world country.

His tax cuts have made the divide between the haves and have nots wider than ever before. His idea of law is whatever he comes up with at the moment.

He is an embarrassment in the world. I never thought I would see Europe exploring the possibility of fielding an army to protect itself against aggressor...including the US. This man is an abomimation....

Pure commie propaganda, you're an embarrassment to man kind. BTW does Putin pay well?

After rare rebuke from Chief Justice John Roberts, Trump fires back on Twitter
John Roberts is not living in a fairy land in order to make a silly public rebuke of the president which everyone knows is absurd ("there is no such thing as an Obama judge"). No such thing as a Trump judge? A Bush judge?
All judges are automatons in robes who all have the same views, the same opinions, the same backgrounds, prejudices and legal views?
That's absurd on the face of things. Roberts has a screw loose.

He's living in a dangerous politicized zone where he doesn't belong and to claim judges are all square, play it down the middle arbiters of laws is asinine and there's a reason why presidents fight tooth and nail in order to get their judges appointed to the bench, be it national or regional.
Ask Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez why she wants to pack the Supreme Court with leftist judges more like
Ruth Bader Ginsburg than Anton Scalia.

I'm at a loss to explain why Roberts would enter the political sphere (which by the way puts his impartiality
in question) to make such a moronic Candy Land sort of claim, which is obviously not so.
But something got under Roberts' robe and irritated him in order for him to go public with his not very
intelligent comment.
It seems extremely disingenuous, like when Dan Rather said all journalists were fair unbiased reporters of the news. That was bullshit then. Roberts is spouting idiotic bullshit now.

He knows he did a wrong thing.
No supreme court justice can change the wording of a bill passed by congress.
He should have ruled on the ACA as unconstitutional , made it clear it can't be a mandate.
Then have sent it back to congress to change to a tax.
Instead he changed it to a tax.
That's judicial activism and it's unconstitutional.
I said the same on this board when he did it.

Ask Spartacus whose judge is Kavanaugh. Roberts is spinning.

Roberts is the Chief Justice. Kavanaugh doesn't have any say about jack shit. He's a junior member of the court with one vote on any issue, and nothing else. And when the impeachment trial starts it will be Roberts sitting on it, and junior will get to watch it on television like everyone else.

No one is getting impeached

On one of the news shows today, they had on a judge who had worked on Clinton's impeachment. He said that impeachment would be a mistake, unless they had hard, irrefutable evidence that Trump should be removed from office, and he didn't think that there was that level of evidence (yet).

He said that a smarter route would be to issue a subpoena to Trump after he leaves office and prosecute him through the courts that way.

They should issue a subpoena for what, disagreeing with Roberts?

What an adorable opinion. Of course we would all like an independent judiciary and judges who put personal feelings aside.

It's not happening and it is silly to pretend that such independence exists.

The SCOTUS can't look at the exact same US Constitution and come to a polar 5-4 opposite decision without the liberal justices ignoring the Constitution in favor of their personal biased opinions.

Any of those decisions can be undone by Congress who has oversight of the court. By simple amendment of any decision makes any law they strike down void, as well as with any law they uphold. The Congress is the final word as they are the elected representatives of the people, not the appointed judges of the court.

Rightard America will be learni
Ask Spartacus whose judge is Kavanaugh. Roberts is spinning.

Roberts is the Chief Justice. Kavanaugh doesn't have any say about jack shit. He's a junior member of the court with one vote on any issue, and nothing else. And when the impeachment trial starts it will be Roberts sitting on it, and junior will get to watch it on television like everyone else.

No one is getting impeached

On one of the news shows today, they had on a judge who had worked on Clinton's impeachment. He said that impeachment would be a mistake, unless they had hard, irrefutable evidence that Trump should be removed from office, and he didn't think that there was that level of evidence (yet).

He said that a smarter route would be to issue a subpoena to Trump after he leaves office and prosecute him through the courts that way.

And i'm in agreement with that. The state of New York could do far more damage to the Trump crime syndicate through state prosecution, and the use of civil asset forfeiture that the Supreme Court could not protect him from, or his kids, or be pardoned by another President. This is why Robert Mueller has shared all of his evidence with the Attorney General of New York. Trump isn't going to escape, nomatter who is on any court.
ROFL! the pathetic delusions of snowflakes are so charming.

Roberts decided to grow a spine and speak truth to Trump's unbridled, banana republic power.
Too bad the GOP congress and the other right wing justices just keep wagging the vestigial tails they've grown since Trump took office.

Trumpers do not want a democracy or a republic they want an autocracy. The more like the Republic of North Korea the better to the Trumper. Trumpers want no dissent. They hate the voting franchise. They want total adherence to a supreme leader. That is who they ate and why Trump and Trumpers are such a danger to our democratic institutions and the Constitution. It is no accident that they don't have a bad word for Putin or why Trump admires Kim.

You are confused Moon Bat.

The courts should be trustworthy arbiters but thanks to the Liberal asshole activist judges, mostly appointed by that Obama piece of shit, they have destroyed the integrity of the Judiciary. Just look at how many times that Libtard 9th Circus is overturned if you have any doubts.
Your confused, Flash in the pan. The issue is not the 9Th Circuit it is Trump's assault on the independence of the judiciary. You may want a compliant judiciary that follows only what you believe, but fortunately we still live in nation where the rule of law still controls. As I said, you Trumpers do not want a free society, you want a uniform, meek and submissive one.
But the legislative branch, at the will of the people, is supposed to make the law. Not judges’ (mis)interpretations of existing law.
Judge's are to interpret the law. That does not mean that there cannot be multiple interpretations. Which is why we have what are called appellate courts. When appellate courts disagree, the Supreme Court makes the final decision. Nothing insidious about differing opinions.
There is when those opinions are clearly in disagreement with what the legislature voted on.

LMAO the SCOTUS routinely overturns the liberal 9th circuit court of appeals decisions proving Trump correct. The judiciary may not like hearing they are corrupt and biased, too bad we elected Trump to set them straight.

This is the misconception you right wingers all have. It's because you've been brainwashed by FOX NEWS to believe it.

Judges, all judges, regardless of which side of the isle appoints them are dutifuly sworn to abide by the U.S Constitution. PERIOD

They are Apolitical, meaning not political, nor will it ever cross their minds, that since R or D appointed me, that's where my decision will go.

You don't have enough fingers and toes on the number of times that a Justice has gone against the party or President that has appointed them.

This is the misconception you right wingers all have. It's because you've been brainwashed by FOX NEWS to believe it.

Judges, all judges, regardless of which side of the isle appoints them are dutifuly sworn to abide by the U.S Constitution. PERIOD

They are Apolitical, meaning not political, nor will it ever cross their minds, that since R or D appointed me, that's where my decision will go.

You don't have enough fingers and toes on the number of times that a Justice has gone against the party or President that has appointed them.

ROFL! You believe judges appointed by Democrats "abide by the Constitution?" That they are "apolitical?" Are you a complete fool?

Forum List

Back