Child Molester charged with murder.

There are certain categories of murder which call for the death penalty:

Murder of children

Murder of cops or firefighter on the job

Multiple murders

Muder in the commision of a felony (rape/armed robbery/etc)

Murder for hire (profit)

Murder for idealistic beliefs (often terrorism)

There are some situations where murder should not be death penalty, such as crimes of passion.

While I agree with your list in general- it is entirely subjective.

Why is the murder of a 17 year old subject to the death penalty- but not the murder of a 18 year old?

Why a firefighter- but not an ambulance driver?

Why not crimes of passion?

As you said- you are either for the death penalty- or you aren't. Your 'for' is as subjective as Dhara's subjective 'against'
I have no idea of what you think you're talking about.

I absolutely believe you.

LOL.....

That would trace back to Gracie, who is asking if the child was 16 and the adult 22, which is off topic, but a fair question, I suppose.
Well, it is not really off topic. It's like, for example, someone in prison for rape being alloted his or her time on the internet for 15 minutes, discussing how wrong it is to rape and those who do it should have jail time...although he/she denies his/her charges yet was still found guilty but is preaching about the horrors of the crime itself.
The perp did not kill the 16 year old, but damn sure took advantage of that person in the most horrendous way. Which constitutes as...drumroll....rape.

That would trace back to Gracie, who is asking if the child was 16 and the adult 22, which is off topic, but a fair question, I suppose.
Well, it is not really off topic. It's like, for example, someone in prison for rape being alloted his or her time on the internet for 15 minutes, discussing how wrong it is to rape and those who do it should have jail time...although he/she denies his/her charges yet was still found guilty but is preaching about the horrors of the crime itself.
The perp did not kill the 16 year old, but damn sure took advantage of that person in the most horrendous way. Which constitutes as...drumroll....rape.
Not under the law, necessarily.

A 16 year old in the State of Colorado may consent to sex with someone under 10 years older. Be careful who you call a rapist.

A 16 year old in the State of Colorado may consent to sex with someone under 10 years older. Be careful who you call a rapist.

That was very awkward the way you worded this:

"A 16 year old in the State of Colorado may consent to sex with someone under 10 years older."

I first read that as they may consent to sex with someone under 10 years :eusa_doh:

Who did I call a rapist?

And you worded it just right, dint ya?

Who did I call a rapist?

The wording is very confusing, maybe Dhara should write that sentence so it's not so awkward.

Who did I call a rapist?

Statutory rape is what you accused me of.

A convicted child molester has been charged with killing a 3-year-old Northern California boy who was snatched from his bedroom and vanished in 1984.

The San Francisco Chronicle (Inmate arrested in 1984 kidnapping, killing of Fairfield boy, 3 ) says 55-year-old Michael Fejarang was charged Monday with first-degree murder with special circumstances.

Authorities contend he kidnapped Clark Handa from his Fairfield home and left a note demanding money for the boy's return. However, nobody ever contacted the family and the boy was never seen again.

Fejarang was a friend of the family.

On Tuesday, Fairfield police said the department's cold-case unit began re-examining the case in 2011 and found evidence leading to Fejarang.

Fejarang already is serving 26 years at the state prison in Chowchilla for three separate cases of child molestation.

Read more here: Convicted child molester charged with boy's 1984 killing

I'm not a believer in the DP, but if I was I'd recommend this one.

Death Penalty is too good for this monster and General Population is better and let the jail system tear him apart.

child molesters would then simply kill the kids....there is a difference between molestation and murder

This is absolutely right. If you make the punishment for molestation the same as murder, then you will make murderers out of child molesters because a dead child won't talk.

A convicted child molester has been charged with killing a 3-year-old Northern California boy who was snatched from his bedroom and vanished in 1984.

The San Francisco Chronicle (Inmate arrested in 1984 kidnapping, killing of Fairfield boy, 3 ) says 55-year-old Michael Fejarang was charged Monday with first-degree murder with special circumstances.

Authorities contend he kidnapped Clark Handa from his Fairfield home and left a note demanding money for the boy's return. However, nobody ever contacted the family and the boy was never seen again.

On Tuesday, Fairfield police said the department's cold-case unit began re-examining the case in 2011 and found evidence leading to Fejarang.

Fejarang already is serving 26 years at the state prison in Chowchilla for three separate cases of child molestation.

Death Penalty is too good for this monster and General Population is better and let the jail system tear him apart.

The thing is, decent taxpayers must pay to keep these POS in prison.

So be it. Don't pass laws with draconian punishments for non violent crimes and then bitch about the cost of incarceration and off of that, suggest the death penalty.

As an adult who was molested as a child, even I think the punishments are ridiculous. No other crime comes with 15, 25 or lifetime registration and community notification upon release. Considering "child molestation" is a broad brush that has even been applied to preteen boys and girls, I absolutely do not support the current set of laws.

Short of murder, someone's life should not be ruined because of a bad decision as a preteen.

child molesters would then simply kill the kids....there is a difference between molestation and murder

This is absolutely right. If you make the punishment for molestation the same as murder, then you will make murderers out of child molesters because a dead child won't talk.

I commented about this earlier, the sentences these freaks of nature get are not appropriate. They often are free within five years, and with that back to molesting and raping children, so in too many cases, the next child they'll murder, no witness therefore, so in their warped minds, no witness, no return to prison.

True, but in General Population here in the States even in California that one would not survive very long. Also with the appeals process the families have to endure this until the appeals run out and just GP'ing him would be easier and quicker to death.

Some will understand this because they know the Prison system here and no matter what a child killer, and rapist are dead the minute they enter GP.

Jared Fogle is a good example what happen when someone can get to them:

Jared Fogle beating - Bing

Also Jeffery Dahmer met his death in Prison even under protection...

Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I commented about this earlier, the sentences these freaks of nature get are not appropriate. They often are free within five years, and with that back to molesting and raping children, so in too many cases, the next child they'll murder, no witness therefore, so in their warped minds, no witness, no return to prison.

No. Since sex offenders have a VERY low reoffense rate, 90% of crimes against children are by people NOT on the registry and certainly not people released from prison, what you're doing is making people who have never been convicted of the crime looking at the death penalty. They'll just say ok, I'll kill the kid and throw them in a ditch. Now, try to catch me.

Are you really thinking about the safety of the kids, or wanting to look macho on an anonymous internet board?

And since its common to be falsely accused of child molestation and its one of the only crimes that you can be convicted of without any physical evidence and solely the word of a child, I would hesitate strongly with a death penalty.

True, but in General Population here in the States even in California that one would not survive very long. Also with the appeals process the families have to endure this until the appeals run out and just GP'ing him would be easier and quicker to death.

Some will understand this because they know the Prison system here and no matter what a child killer, and rapist are dead them minute they enter GP.

Jared Fogle is a good example what happen when someone can get to them:

Jared Fogle beating - Bing

Also Jeffery Dahmer met his death in Prison even under protection...

Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Okay you have good points here, I know of course about Jeffrey Dahmer, I don't know who Jared Fogle is, but that POS certainly deserved that, I don't think many would be upset if Fogle got what Dahmer got.

No. Since sex offenders have a VERY low reoffense rate, 90% of crimes against children are by people NOT on the registry and certainly not people released from prison, what you're doing is making people who have never been convicted of the crime looking at the death penalty. They'll just say ok, I'll kill the kid and throw them in a ditch. Now, try to catch me.

Are you really thinking about the safety of the kids, or wanting to look macho on an anonymous internet board?

And since its common to be falsely accused of child molestation and its one of the only crimes that you can be convicted of without any physical evidence and solely the word of a child, I would hesitate strongly with a death penalty.

So what should be the punishment for someone that rapes a child let say is two years old?

Tell me what you would like to see as their punishment?

Sorry who are you meaning these comments for?

So what should be the punishment for someone that rapes a child let say is two years old?

Tell me what you would like to see as their punishment?

This response from him should be, interesting shall we say.

Rapes a child that is 2? With physical evidence? Life in prison without parole.

Without physical evidence? 5-10 max. If it was true rape there will be evidence.

But now you're moving the goal posts. Because "child molestation" does not include raping a 2 year old. That's aggravated rape.

So which are we talking about? You seem to move goalposts frequently.

Lucy, I bet you didn't know that Adam Walsh, John Walsh's son who is the name behind the sex offender law the "Adam Walsh Act" that turned innocent childhood play into a lifetime scarlet letter, was never raped or molested? No evidence existed of any sexual abuse of this child, all we know is he was murdered. Nobody was ever arrested for any sex crime against Adam Walsh nor was any evidence ever uncovered that he was molested in any way, shape or form.

So we literally named a sex offender law after a child that was murdered. WTF???

Because of laws like ours, we get absurd shit like this:

Boy, 5, investigated for raping girl, 13

This was in the UK, but our laws are more draconian than theirs.

Forum List

Back