Child Molester charged with murder.

There are certain categories of murder which call for the death penalty:

Murder of children

Murder of cops or firefighter on the job

Multiple murders

Muder in the commision of a felony (rape/armed robbery/etc)

Murder for hire (profit)

Murder for idealistic beliefs (often terrorism)

There are some situations where murder should not be death penalty, such as crimes of passion.

Murder of children

Multiple murders

Murder for hire (profit)

There are some situations where murder should not be death penalty, such as crimes of passion.

We agree on all of those, including the exception for Crime Passionnel.

oooooOOOOoooo.... What is THAT supposed to mean? You/we are going to "watch" for who exactly?

Alas I AM given as posting hard questions! But this wasn't a question, merely a statement. So far we know the perp wasn't posting here under any of the usernames above.

Consider that a clue as to the meaning but not the "who" - or whether there might actually be a "who".

Confused?

I'm not a believer in the DP, but if I was I'd recommend this one.
What does this mean? Should this scumbag be executed or not? Seems like you're hedging your bet in a juvenile way.

Perhaps she means that's she not pro-Death Penalty in general, but has an exception for freaks who mess with children?
Sorry Lucy, that's one of those absolutes. If you say you are against the death penalty, but with exceptions, then you aren't.

It is not something that can be argued in good conscience.

Right. And when does one's personal survival transcend into revenge. Is killing someone to protect your own child any different than doing the same to protect anyone's child? What if you know for a fact that a grown man is having sex with young teenagers or even younger than that? Should you have the right to take the matter into your own hands? Would you take it into your own hands regardless of the law?

Me? I have no such reservations when it comes to certain offenses against my community. What is the death penalty? The law lays claim to revenge killing as an option. Certainly a killing in prevention of one's own harm is accepted by society and the law..

A true believer in everyone's right to life can't quibble about the circumstances.

Was the child 16 and molester 22?

Huh? Did you read the story in the OP?
No. Just thinking about molesters molesting and how awful it is.

Oh okay. Yes the whole thing is horrific.
And the murder and child sexual abuse is not the same situation as legal mutually consensual sex between a 16+ year old and a 22 year old. Currently state laws set the age of consent at 16, 17, or 18. The most common age in America is 16.

oooooOOOOoooo.... What is THAT supposed to mean? You/we are going to "watch" for who exactly?

Alas I AM given as posting hard questions! But this wasn't a question, merely a statement. So far we know the perp wasn't posting here under any of the usernames above.

Consider that a clue as to the meaning but not the "who" - or whether there might actually be a "who".

Confused?

Not really. Based on the evidence I stated you can be assured that there are molesters in any given large population including this one. As for pinpointing exactly who these people are I suppose a good psychiatrist could probably narrow it down to a certainty.

And the murder and child sexual abuse is not the same situation as legal mutually consensual sex between a 16+ year old and a 22 year old. Currently state laws set the age of consent at 16, 17, or 18. The most common age in America is 16.

Well I never said that murder and child sexual abuse were a similar situation to mutually consented sex. How did this confusion happen?

I agree. So are FALSE accusations of child abuse.
What does this mean? Should this scumbag be executed or not? Seems like you're hedging your bet in a juvenile way.

Perhaps she means that's she not pro-Death Penalty in general, but has an exception for freaks who mess with children?
Sorry Lucy, that's one of those absolutes. If you say you are against the death penalty, but with exceptions, then you aren't.

It is not something that can be argued in good conscience.

Right. And when does one's personal survival transcend into revenge. Is killing someone to protect your own child any different than doing the same to protect anyone's child? What if you know for a fact that a grown man is having sex with young teenagers or even younger than that? Should you have the right to take the matter into your own hands? Would you take it into your own hands regardless of the law?

Me? I have no such reservations when it comes to certain offenses against my community. What is the death penalty? The law lays claim to revenge killing as an option. Certainly a killing in prevention of one's own harm is accepted by society and the law..

A true believer in everyone's right to life can't quibble about the circumstances.
The KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) has been violated. People who kill, with some few exceptions, deserved to to pay in kind themselves.

Well I never said that murder and child sexual abuse were a similar situation to mutually consented sex. How did this confusion happen?
That would trace back to Gracie, who is asking if the child was 16 and the adult 22, which is off topic, but a fair question, I suppose.

Dhara, you are a coward. If you want someone to truly pay for something they have committed, you should be true to yourself instead of shrinking behind some self-righteous agenda. The worst part of that and political correctness is the adoption of the morality of mediocre minds in place of your own common sense and feelings.

I find this slavish devotion appalling.
It takes enormous courage to NOT give in to a murderous feeling.

That would trace back to Gracie, who is asking if the child was 16 and the adult 22, which is off topic, but a fair question, I suppose.
There is a definite grey area in which a 22-year old has sex with a 16-year old
unless the younger was simple-minded.

• Still, that is not we are discussing. I am not sure if statuary rape would be a crime at all, being that it entails consent of both parties.

Dhara, you are a coward. If you want someone to truly pay for something they have committed, you should be true to yourself instead of shrinking behind some self-righteous agenda. The worst part of that and political correctness is the adoption of the morality of mediocre minds in place of your own common sense and feelings.

I find this slavish devotion appalling.
It takes enormous courage to NOT give in to a murderous feeling.
It takes an enormous amount of hypocrisy to not admit who and what you are.

A convicted child molester has been charged with killing a 3-year-old Northern California boy who was snatched from his bedroom and vanished in 1984.

The San Francisco Chronicle (Inmate arrested in 1984 kidnapping, killing of Fairfield boy, 3 ) says 55-year-old Michael Fejarang was charged Monday with first-degree murder with special circumstances.

Authorities contend he kidnapped Clark Handa from his Fairfield home and left a note demanding money for the boy's return. However, nobody ever contacted the family and the boy was never seen again.

Fejarang was a friend of the family.

On Tuesday, Fairfield police said the department's cold-case unit began re-examining the case in 2011 and found evidence leading to Fejarang.

Fejarang already is serving 26 years at the state prison in Chowchilla for three separate cases of child molestation.

Read more here: Convicted child molester charged with boy's 1984 killing

I tend to agree with you. My objections to the death penalty are really because too many convictions are later found to be wrong- and we cannot undeath someone- but we can release them from prison.

But on a moral basis- I have no problem with the death penalty for child molesters or killers.

i was addressing wanting to kill people who didnt murder the child......the lynch mob mentality allows so called normal people to express their sadistic tendencies without repercussions..

I think it's just a natural visceral reaction that people have, I can't think of an actual worse crime than this, so it gets the blood boiling.

The so-called justice system needs changing regarding the issue of child molestation and actual paedophilia. The first incident and they need to be locked up and the key thrown away, I don't believe these freaks of nature can be rehabilitated in any way, I think they enjoy what they do and given the chance will do it repeatedly.
I agree with you that MOST child sexual predators are repeat offenders. I am also thinking about a situation where a ten year old boy got caught putting his hands in a five year olds pants. Should that child offender be thrown in prison for the rest of his life?

Of course not, that 10 year-old boy should be spoken to and the situation explained to him.
I know the family. Very sad situation. He is an adopted child, and the parents had no idea he would do this to one of the little girls they hoped to adopt. The family had a stay at home mom, and the boys had a door open policy at all times.

CPS took the three little ones, 5,4, and 3, and moved them to a different foster home. These three are blood sibs of my four kids.

Children who commit crimes should- and are usually- treated differently than adults. Yours is an excellent- and tragic example.

Now we watch to see which of our regular contributors no longer contributes....

A few years ago I was curious how many or better put what percentage of children were molested sexually. It was an astounding 1 in 3 girls and 1 in 5 boys. It is a safe bet that there are probably quite a few molesters in any large population sample. With over 35,000 members at USMB there are in all likelihood easily over 1000 molesters in our population. There are "probably" many more than that.

I really doubt that the number of regular contributors that do not reply to this thread has any significant meaning if any meaning at all.

In short your post is silly.

That was a strange comment from Henry, he's as of yet, not explained his comment.

Henry just trolls.

Don't expect more.

Murder of children

Multiple murders

Murder for hire (profit)

While I agree with your list in general- it is entirely subjective.

Why is the murder of a 17 year old subject to the death penalty- but not the murder of a 18 year old?

Why a firefighter- but not an ambulance driver?

Why not crimes of passion?

As you said- you are either for the death penalty- or you aren't. Your 'for' is as subjective as Dhara's subjective 'against'

Murder of children

Multiple murders

Murder for hire (profit)

While I agree with your list in general- it is entirely subjective.

Why is the murder of a 17 year old subject to the death penalty- but not the murder of a 18 year old?

Why a firefighter- but not an ambulance driver?

Why not crimes of passion?

As you said- you are either for the death penalty- or you aren't. Your 'for' is as subjective as Dhara's subjective 'against'
I have no idea of what you think you're talking about.

Forum List

Back