China keeps ramming Philippines ships

Enforceable by other nations, yes. But the UNSC's resolutions are binding for other countries. Don't see a contradiction.

Maybe you will try to use your brain?

They have nothing to back it up save the actions of sovereign nations.

Just spit it out, nimrod.

They have nothing to back it up save the actions of sovereign nations.

Just spit it out, nimrod.
The United Nations, as an organization, was intended to be somewhat as a parliament on an International level. Where countries from around the world gather together and collectively seek a solution on some crisis. It is quite easy.

The United Nations, as an organization, was intended to be somewhat as a parliament on an International level. Where countries from around the world gather together and collectively seek a solution on some crisis. It is quite easy.

No, it wasn't because that implies it would have sovereignty, which it does not.

It's a beefed up version of the League of Nations, with multiple parts.

No, it wasn't because that implies it would have sovereignty, which it does not.

It's a beefed up version of the League of Nations, with multiple parts.
Yes, it is an enhanced version of the League. The UN Security Council is above a national sovereignty. That said, if the UNSC passes a resolution that green-lights a military operation against some country, it will be considered legal under international law.

Yes, it is an enhanced version of the League. The UN Security Council is above a national sovereignty. That said, if the UNSC passes a resolution that green-lights a military operation against some country, it will be considered legal under international law.

And then they have to get people to cooperate and enforce it.

And no, it is not above all sovereignty, it doesn't even have any itself.

WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM YOU DENSE WANKER

And then they have to get people to cooperate and enforce it.

And no, it is not above all sovereignty, it doesn't even have any itself
Of course, they have to get people to cooperate. A resolution is passed by a majority of the UNSC. Are you a first grader or what?

WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM YOU DENSE WANKER
I already gave you a hint. Any suggestions?

Of course, they have to get people to cooperate. A resolution is passed by a majority of the UNSC. Are you a first grader or what?

I already gave you a hint. Any suggestions?

Security Council resolution is just that. It isn't a law.

Why play this stupid game, just admit to what country you are from/live in.

Security Council resolution is just that. It isn't a law.

Why play this stupid game, just admit to what country you are from/live in.
The resolutions aren't a law. But they are bidding for member states.

Because I owe you nothing. If you want to now where I am from, it will take some time for you. Any suggestions?

The resolutions aren't a law. But they are bidding for member states.

Because I owe you nothing. If you want to now where I am from, it will take some time for you. Any suggestions?

And the only enforcement method is another resolution saying they really really mean it this time.

Not worth it.

And the only enforcement method is another resolution saying they really really mean it this time.

Not worth it.
Yes, these resolutions are formalities and the UN as a whole is quite ineffective. In the current shape it can't be otherwise, though.

Regional blocs, it is more about 'clubs' of countries, basically neighbors, resolving their economic, security and other issues inside this club. Without having a world hegemony, of one country, dictating its will on others.

This is the only true hope for the future. And more and more of these, what are known as, Middle Powers are banding together. There is no longer a need for single or maybe two superpowers.

Here is a good article on it that I posted some time ago

(The US) meddles in relations between China and its neighbours.
What relations?

China bullying smaller countries within the smaller countries territorial waters?

Ramming Philippine ships?

Threatening Taiwan with invasion?

Facts are not propaganda.

Try reading up on our history just in Latin America.

Try reading history in general, where all larger nations try to influence events in other nations to suit their own interests.

But it's only bad when we do it, right?

Forum List

Back