'China smog around 50 times WHO recommendations'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
(decided on CE since their smog tends to wind up here.)

China smog around 50 times WHO recommendations

"Beijing (AFP) - A swathe of China was blanketed with dangerous acrid smog Monday after levels of the most dangerous particulates reached around 50 times World Health Organization maximums, with energy use for heating blamed as winter sets in.

Pictures showed smog so thick that buildings in Changchun, the capital of Jilin province in the northeast, were rendered invisible.

One image showed a restaurant's neon sign seemingly floating in mid-air above traffic, proclaiming in yellow: “Northeastern Dumpling King”.

An image circulating online showed a man biking through snow in Shenyang, capital of the neighbouring province of Liaoning, on Sunday wearing a vintage-looking gas mask, and the official news agency Xinhua quoted a hospital official in the city saying that his respiratory ward had been overwhelmed, with all its beds full.

Levels of PM2.5, the tiny airborne particles considered most harmful to health, reached 860 micrograms per cubic metre in Changchun, a city of around eight million, on Monday.

The World Health Organization’s recommended maximum is a 24-hour average of 25 micrograms."

rest at link

They still suffer from filthy air even after all those fairy tales some years back about China cleaning up their act by employing renewable energy sources on a grand scale !

Last edited:
Patriotic American companies enjoy providing jobs to the communist smog capital while eliminating them in the US. They deserve a tax break for their patriotism.

They still suffer from filthy air even after all those fairy tales some years back about China cleaning up their act by employing renewable energy sources on a grand scale !

They just started getting their act together. China's lacking of several regulations will suffer these man made disaster for a very long time. Some of these areas smells like you are inside your garage while 2 of your cars engines are on. About 75% I wear my mask while I'm on business trip in China.

Patriotic American companies enjoy providing jobs to the communist smog capital while eliminating them in the US. They deserve a tax break for their patriotism.

It's unfair to place the blame on American companies. It is the Chinese government who are responsible for creating and enforcing such regulations.
If you go out and ate at restaurants.... Do I blamed customers if that restaurant dump the used cooking oil to the sink?

They just started getting their act together. China's lacking of several regulations will suffer these man made disaster for a very long time. Some of these areas smells like you are inside your garage while 2 of your cars engines are on. About 75% I wear my mask while I'm on business trip in China.

You're right. They were just getting started back then, plus the lack of regulation like you said. But I still think they over stated the extent to which they employed renewable energy sources such as wind & solar. They did go big on hydro and nuke power so that probably helped a little. But it takes a long time to bring that kind of power on line.

You're right. They were just getting started back then, plus the lack of regulation like you said. But I still think they over stated the extent to which they employed renewable energy sources such as wind & solar. They did go big on hydro and nuke power so that probably helped a little. But it takes a long time to bring that kind of power on line.

c4cbe811ff9465daa1b3c0471f1aafc8.jpg

This is will get worse. Just sad.

This is why we need to shut down the US Energy Sector.
No, silly ass. Just expand the Energy Sector in the renewables, and build a grid to take advantage of the homeowners 2 kw contribution as well as the gw installation of the utility. And make it much more robust by putting in grid scale storage as quickly as possible.

(decided on CE since their smog tends to wind up here.)

China smog around 50 times WHO recommendations

"Beijing (AFP) - A swathe of China was blanketed with dangerous acrid smog Monday after levels of the most dangerous particulates reached around 50 times World Health Organization maximums, with energy use for heating blamed as winter sets in.

Pictures showed smog so thick that buildings in Changchun, the capital of Jilin province in the northeast, were rendered invisible.

One image showed a restaurant's neon sign seemingly floating in mid-air above traffic, proclaiming in yellow: “Northeastern Dumpling King”.

An image circulating online showed a man biking through snow in Shenyang, capital of the neighbouring province of Liaoning, on Sunday wearing a vintage-looking gas mask, and the official news agency Xinhua quoted a hospital official in the city saying that his respiratory ward had been overwhelmed, with all its beds full.

Levels of PM2.5, the tiny airborne particles considered most harmful to health, reached 860 micrograms per cubic metre in Changchun, a city of around eight million, on Monday.

The World Health Organization’s recommended maximum is a 24-hour average of 25 micrograms."

rest at link
You mean....the Chicoms are caught cheating again?/

Will wonders ever cease?

This is why we need to shut down the US Energy Sector.
No, silly ass. Just expand the Energy Sector in the renewables, and build a grid to take advantage of the homeowners 2 kw contribution as well as the gw installation of the utility. And make it much more robust by putting in grid scale storage as quickly as possible.
Ya might want to pass that on to your guys who are busy shutting it off

Really? The GOP has constantly fought clean air and water regulations.
Almost every GOPer I know, with the exception of Randian Objectivists, wants to live in a clean environment.

Unfortunately some GOP are mindless corporate crony capitalists, but I think they are not going to last much longer. Everyone is sick of that little clique.

Well, Jim, your party needs to do something about them, for at the moment they represent the face of the GOP.
I am an independent, not a Republican. I have voted Libertarian in the last two Presidential elections. Once I have voted for Democratic POTUS candidates, Carter in 76 and for Perot in 92 and 96.

I will not vote for the lesser evil.

Forum List

Back