Chris Christie is now ruined

I think Trump will win in November and become an Independent President of sorts. It is the best chance we have of making government work. Not my first choice, but we play what we are dealt.
This type of "thinking" baffles the hell out of me.

If Barack Obama, winning election in 2008 in a landslide, with a clear mandate, can be totally blocked because Republicans don't like him, why do you think that Drumpf, who would not win in a landslide, and would not have the slightest bit of a mandate, would get anything done with Republicans AND Democrats working against him?

I think Trump will win in November and become an Independent President of sorts. It is the best chance we have of making government work. Not my first choice, but we play what we are dealt.
This type of "thinking" baffles the hell out of me.

If Barack Obama, winning election in 2008 in a landslide, with a clear mandate, can be totally blocked because Republicans don't like him, why do you think that Drumpf, who would not win in a landslide, and would not have the slightest bit of a mandate, would get anything done with Republicans AND Democrats working against him?

What did Republican's totally block him on before this SCOTUS nomination?

OP

Chris Christie is not ruined at all

All the contrary.

He is going to do well in Trumps America!

good on him! :thup:

When i saw Christie interviewed a couple of days ago by Greta, he seemed very happy with the situation.

Guess we have to wait and see how this all plays out.
I thought you said you didn't watch FoxNews?

It wasn't the news. And where did you get that? AND I don't much. BUT, it is election time. Do I have your permission to watch it now? If not, what do I have permission to watch? MSNBC or CNN??

OP

Chris Christie is not ruined at all

All the contrary.

He is going to do well in Trumps America!

good on him! :thup:

I don't think he's ruined anything either.

Jennifer Rubin, Ultra-conservative? The one who is blaming talk radio and White men for all the anger in America?

She is a Blogger? Right?
Your ignorance of Jennifer Rubin tells me all I need to know.
4i6Ckte.gif
If that is all you need to know, you certainly limit yourself to a narrow point of view.

Couldn't happen to a nicer tub of butter.

Chris Christie is now ruined

Since New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has endorsed Donald Drumpf, he has been:

• Humiliated by video showing Drumpf ordering him onto the plane and telling him to "go home."
  • Condemned by his former finance co-chair and CEO of Hewlett-Packard Meg Whitman. ("The Governor is mistaken if he believes he can now count on my support, and I call on Christie's donors and supporters to reject the Governor and Donald Drumpf outright. I believe they will. For some of us, principle and country still matter.")
  • Excoriated for his disastrous TV interview on Sunday. Phrases like "train wreck," "off the rails" and "disaster" were used to describe his appearance.

In other words, if it had not been obvious to him before this weekend, his political career is essentially over. He has gone from someone admired for his political talent to the object of derision as an errand boy for someone who espouses fascistic ideas (e.g., punishing the press) and openly displays his bigotry (e.g., retweeting a Mussolini quote).

*snip*

Christie perhaps fancied himself as Drumpf's VP or attorney general. If he did, he was not thinking clearly. To begin with, it is less and less likely with each passing day that Drumpf will ever become president. Moreover, Christie himself has so soiled his reputation that it is doubtful he would ever be confirmed for a Cabinet post. And with his awful Sunday interview, Drumpf will undoubtedly look for a different running mate if it gets to that.

Drumpf has rendered Christie an isolated, pathetic object of scorn. Other Republicans should take note.

Major NJ newspapers are calling for him to resign
At least 6 newspapers. Also, the NH paper that endorsed Christie has apologized, Christie Todd Whitman, former Republican NJ governor, has called him a disgrace, and he now has a 27% approval rate in the Garden State.

Those are newspapers that have supported him in the past. NJ has turned on Christie because he no longer seems interested in his job. I don't mind Christie running for President while he is governor, that is the way the system works. But while running for President, he used NJ as a prop to support conservative positions and totally gave up his strongest asset, the appearance that he would ignore politics to do what was best for the state.

Since abandoning his run, he has continued to ignore his job so that he can tour the country with Trump

*yawn* and attack.

I would rather hear what you have to say about Hillary and Sanders, and why you would want them, than attack others.

Why should other Republicans take note. Most people can't stand the GOP establishment. Period.
Exactly. Plus, Christie said some things in a speech opening for Trump the other day that makes me think there's more to this than meets the eye.. I think Christie bothers the ilk the OP associates with...which coming from the right can only mean he's a good thing...

Forum List

Back