Chris Christy on TV news just now

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
Chris Christie will not be invited to CPAC
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R), who has fallen out of favor with some conservatives in recent months, is not being invited to the Conservative Political Action Conference, according to someone close to CPAC who was not authorized to speak publicly.

The big conservative confab in the Washington area is a routine stopover for potential future potential GOP presidential candidates and has already nabbed most top 2016 contenders.

And then the rw twist and shout -

Cardenas: Christie Not Invited to CPAC for Slamming Republicans, Expanding Medicaid

Al Cardenas, the head of the American Conservative Union (ACU), said New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie was not invited to this year's Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) because he criticized Republicans and governed like a Democrat.

At least Breitbart is honest enough to admit that doing one's job is "governing like a Democrat".

But, listening to him just now, the real damage he did by doing his job for his state is that other Republicans will think twice before they do the same. The message from the R is clear: screw over your constituents and refuse to work with each other or you're out of the running.

Its a shame because it means more like the wacko t-potters the voters have been firing.

BTW, that's not my typo in the WP excerpt. I c/p from the site.

Does anyone proof read anymore?

what? Chritsy on tv whining again, I wouldn't invite the little whiner either..

I think the CPAC litmus paper is past its shelf life expiration date and has become an unreliable indicator of what real conservatives think.

I think the CPAC litmus paper is past its shelf life expiration date and has become an unreliable indicator of what real conservatives think.

no, they just figured out Christy was no conservative..I'm not even sure he's Republican, though he a R next to his name

no, they just figured out Christy was no conservative..I'm not even sure he's Republican, though he a R next to his name

I don't believe he is at all....and i'll bet within the next 2 years he'll have a D after his name. He's a scumbag....

Christie is a disgusting fat pig. His presence and voice make me want to puke. I get some people have trouble losing weight. BUT MY GOD it takes an absolute lack of discipline to get that damn obese.

And for this man to have the nerve to insult former military members, calling them "idiot", and to talk down to cops and firemen, it disgusts me. Chris Christie would fail to even fit into a military uniform, much less carry a gun and fight. His obsese gut would need two police gun belts to be sewn together to fit a gun belt on him, and a bullet proof vest would be useless as it would only cover maybe his liver. And a fireman? HA!!! I'd like to see him just fit into the fire truck, much less climb a ladder.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Christie

In 1998 Christie registered as a lobbyist for the firm of Dughi, Hewit & Palatucci, alongside fellow partner and later, gubernatorial campaign fundraiser Bill Palatucci. Between 1999 and 2001, Christie and Palatucci lobbied on behalf of, among others, GPU Energy for deregulation of New Jersey's electric and gas industry; the Securities Industry Association to block the inclusion of securities fraud under the state's Consumer Fraud Act; Hackensack University Medical Center for state grants, and the University of Phoenix for a New Jersey higher education license.

He sounds exactly like a Republican to me.

On February 11, 2010, Christie signed Executive Order No. 14, which declared that a "state of fiscal emergency exists in the State of New Jersey" due to the projected $2.2 billion budget deficit for the current fiscal year (FY 2010).[55] In a speech before a special joint session of the New Jersey Legislature on the same day, Christie addressed the budget deficit and proposed various fiscal measures to close the gap. Christie also suspended funding for the Department of the Public Advocate and for the Office of the Child Advocate and called for their elimination.[56] Some Democrats criticized Christie for not first consulting them on his budget cuts and for circumventing the Legislature's role in the budget process.[57] In late June 2011, Christie utilized New Jersey's line item veto to eliminate nearly $1 billion from the proposed budget, signing it into law just hours prior to the July 1, 2011, beginning of the state's fiscal year.

Ayup.

Last edited:
I find it interesting that Ann Coulter said "if we don't run Christie, Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose".

Just a little over a year ago, Christie was seen as the savior of the GOP. Now? Simply because he did what it took to take care of his state and got help from Obama, he's persona non grata with them.

The GOP really is a schizo group, ain't it?

I find it interesting that Ann Coulter said "if we don't run Christie, Romney will be the nominee and we'll lose".

Just a little over a year ago, Christie was seen as the savior of the GOP. Now? Simply because he did what it took to take care of his state and got help from Obama, he's persona non grata with them.

Good post. The right wing sheep just get in line and do what they are told.

Fox tells them to love him = the sheep think Christie is the greatest politician since Reagan.

Fox tells them to hate him = the sheep now think Christie is "a lib" and shun him.

Fox tells them to love him = the sheep think Christie is the greatest politician since Reagan.

Fox tells them to hate him = the sheep now think Christie is "a lib" and shun him.

yep....and if you look to your Left you will see the Sheep from the other side doing the same thing......its amazing how many sheep there are....

yep....and if you look to your Left you will see the Sheep from the other side doing the same thing......its amazing how many sheep there are....

I haven't seen anyone from left loving Christie, then suddenly hating him like the right wingers did :dunno:

Remember, they tore in McCain after he lost to Obama when he was running for re-election in AZ.

Remember, they tore in McCain after he lost to Obama when he was running for re-election in AZ.

Speaking of schizos...................McStupid has flip flopped more than Mittens did.

"Maverick"? Really? He toes the line whenever the tea baggers (or, as some have called them on these boards, the "Koch Suckers"), tell him to.

And now they claim they never liked Bush or Romney either. They are either liars or incompetent. :eusa_whistle:

And now they claim they never liked Bush or Romney either. They are either liars or incompetent. :eusa_whistle:

Am I the only one that found it interesting that a conservative middle type like Christie was NOT invited to CPAC, yet others (like Bachmann, West, Perry and all the other teabaggers) were?

There's gotta be something seriously wrong with the GOP. It looks (for them) like the inmates have taken over the asylum. In other words, the crazy fringe has finally taken over the party.

No wonder they're not worried about winning elections. They know that with their current brain trust they can't.

Forum List

Back