Chris Matthews: only whites can be racist

Well no.

The thing is..you folks want to forget about over a century and a half of institutional racism. Like..it never happened.

Move on.

Get over it.

There was a tremendous amount of damage down to the people affected by this institutional racism. And this country has done paltry little to deal with it. And that paltry little is constantly under attack.

The number of people still around for slavery?? Do I have to pay because I may have had an ancient relative that benefited from the slavery in one way or another??

Do I also get to get reparations and special treatment because of the racism that now goes against whites?? Do I get reparations because of the racism against my multi-racial marriage??

Give it a break... it IS time to move on and get with equality in treatment and not all this whining because somebody somewhere uses their freedom to express bigoted things or don't like someone because of their race
^Case in point.

Damn straight... suck it up and drive on... you get nowhere sitting and whining about what happened generations ago... and if someone don't like you because of your skin color or what your cultural origin is, oh well.. as long as they do not currently infringe on your rights (and no, you do not have the right to be prevented from feeling bad/hurt)

What do you want.. reparations for every black person?? Every Asian person who may have some distant tie to the railroad work of the 1800's?? Etc?? No... sorry.. not gonna happen nor should it happen

The number of people still around for slavery?? Do I have to pay because I may have had an ancient relative that benefited from the slavery in one way or another??

Do I also get to get reparations and special treatment because of the racism that now goes against whites?? Do I get reparations because of the racism against my multi-racial marriage??

Give it a break... it IS time to move on and get with equality in treatment and not all this whining because somebody somewhere uses their freedom to express bigoted things or don't like someone because of their race
^Case in point.

Damn straight... suck it up and drive on... you get nowhere sitting and whining about what happened generations ago... and if someone don't like you because of your skin color or what your cultural origin is, oh well.. as long as they do not currently infringe on your rights (and no, you do not have the right to be prevented from feeling bad/hurt)

What do you want.. reparations for every black person?? Every Asian person who may have some distant tie to the railroad work of the 1800's?? Etc?? No... sorry.. not gonna happen nor should it happen

Just hilarious.

I should capture this for when you folks start complaining about Turkish genocide or some other nonsense.

^Case in point.

Just hilarious.

I should capture this for when you folks start complaining about Turkish genocide or some other nonsense.

Were you born clueless, or does it take a lot of practice?

When you get down to brass tacks and in this country?

Yeah.

For most of this country's history up until VERY recently, white racism was institutionalized.

It's only the last 30 or so years, there has been real progress in that realm.

Real progress. Congratulations, now blacks can be racist too.

^Case in point.

Just hilarious.

as opposed to tossing out generalities...what is it that Dave said that you find hilarious?

Do you believe that reparations are due to the descendants of slaves? Why? First generation, maybe.....but 3rd, 4th and 5th generation?

Do you believe that any desecendant of the Japanese Americans that were held during WW2 deserve reparations?

Do you feel that every descendant of an American killed in action during times of a draft deserve reparations?

Do you believe that it IS a right to be afforded an environment where your feelings should never be hurt by order of the law?

What is it that you disagreed with?

Mathews is an idiot.

He says stupid things all the time.

I cant stand the guy

Really? He says and believes the same things you do.

At one point he was the toast of the conservative town.

He was constantly mauling Clinton.

:lol:

At one time he spoke out about things he disagreed with.

Now?

Just another white man that is making himself feel rightous for all of his years of doubting the capacity of a black man by speakinbg out aboiut how great a man Obama is.

Ideology aside, if you dont see that, then you are way too partisan to see anything clear.

I dunno...I've thought that Matthews has always been a moron...

Matthews is a propagandist for Obama - nothing more and nothing less. To make the statement that "only whites can be racist" shows his leanings. Being Black, I have heard members of my own race say some of the most vile and hateful slurs about Whites (and especially latinos and Asians) that you can imagine.

The Black Panthers were/are a racist group of nut jobs.

Funny when you think about it - the DOJ went crazy stamping out the KKK - but has never done a thing about the Panthers. Go figure.

EVERY PERSON in this world is racist to a degree. EVERY PERSON in this world has their own prejudices. It is the human condition and there is no escaping it - be you black, white, yellow, brown, red or purple.

Me? I'd LOVE to pop Chris Matthews in the mouth. The thought of that makes me quite happy!!

Matthews needs therapy. He has a serious case of liberal guilt.

The left has Matthews. The right has Limbaugh, Levin, Hannity, Coulter, Beck, and on and on...... The left has a few others also, but you should get the point.

a FEW others?? seriously, you have to be kidding.. do we go with the political entertainment shows first, or the lefty professional pundits?? hell, the sites alone with loony contributors are so numerous it is not funny.. just look at the ones regularly referenced on this site.. Stink Progress, huffo Puffo, commie dreams, etc...

Forum List

Back