Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop

Christian bakers who refused cake order for gay wedding forced to close shop - Washington Times

A year ago I would have said 'good.' But actually seeing that it happened, - I don't like how this feels. They shouldn't have been treated as they have been treated, not in my estimation.

They shouldn't have received threats to their safety. But they deserve every bit of lost business. They willingly flouted Oregon discrimination law out of their hatred for the gays - (oh, right, they don't 'hate' the gays, they just hate everything about the gays that makes them not straight - such a distinction) - I fail to see how any reasonable business owner could expect to get away with that. Oregon law is public and discrimination laws should be among the first laws that business owners learn about if they give a crap about actually abiding by the law.

Last edited:
You know, I'm getting kind of sick of gay people. I've never had any real issue with gay people, have had friends who were gay, etc. But the more I hear about them, the more I don't want to hear about them.

Just STFU gay people. I don't care about your aberration.

P.S. To whom it may concern: Look up the word "aberration" before getting on my case. Because if you don't think two men wanting to fondle each other isn't a departure from what is normal or typical, well I don't know what is. Doesn't make it wrong (I have to say that). Just makes it a departure from the norm. As in "abnormal."

Oh, and for those of you who have been trying to peg me as a "liberal" lately...how liberal was this comment?

Blue eyes are an "aberration" by your standard.

You know, I'm getting kind of sick of gay people. I've never had any real issue with gay people, have had friends who were gay, etc. But the more I hear about them, the more I don't want to hear about them.

P.S. To whom it may concern: Look up the word "aberration" before getting on my case. Because if you don't think two men wanting to fondle each other isn't a departure from what is normal or typical, well I don't know what is. Doesn't make it wrong (I have to say that). Just makes it a departure from the norm. As in "abnormal."

Oh, and for those of you who have been trying to peg me as a "liberal" lately...how liberal was this comment?

Yep. That's my point. People react badly to the word "aberration," when really they shouldn't. Although, I will admit, it often carries a negative connotation. But I don't mean it in a negative manner, just calling it what it is. A departure from the norm. It's pretty easy to see what the norm is when you consider male and female sex organs. Pretty obvious what's SUPPOSED to happen.

Do fags have to abide by the law?

The homosexual couple were not in the wrong here. The bakers were.

Neither were in the wrong. Before we started drawing bulls-eyes on the perceived "politically incorrect", the bakers had the right to refuse, and the couple had the right to shop elsewhere. And it ended there.
Today there is targeting, and a lopsided tolerance. The ones that demand it, have none.

Gay rights go far FAR beyond gay marriage. It's a whole re-educative political agenda. Is about making people feel bad for being "homophobic". The definition of homophobia is changing and it will ultimately include people (and churches and businessmen) who oppose gay marriage.

Last edited:
Gay rights go far FAR beyond gay marriage. It's a whole re-educative political agenda. Is about making people feel bad for being "homophobic". The definition of homophobia is changing and it will ultimately include people (and churches and businessmen) who oppose gay marriage.

When there is no legit reason to oppose marriage, one must wonder if the opposition is not, in fact, homophobia.

When there is no legit reason to oppose marriage, one must wonder if the opposition is not, in fact, homophobia.

Not many people oppose marriage. But a marriage is between a man and a woman. Any deviation from that is not a marriage. But, this is what liberals always have to do, change the definition of a word in order to push their agenda.

Not many people oppose marriage. But a marriage is between a man and a woman. Any deviation from that is not a marriage. But, this is what liberals always have to do, change the definition of a word in order to push their agenda.

No it's not. Not in Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York, Iowa, California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Washington, Rhode Island, Delaware, New Hampshire and New York. They all have same sex marriage. It doesn't matter what words you are changing to push your agenda, sir. They are married in the eyes of God, man, and the State. Other states will be falling like dominoes in the face of the federal decisions of this past summer.

A business is judged on the quality of their product and how they treat their customers

If a bakery makes horrible cakes then the customer is justified to let the community know that they make bad cakes
If a bakery refuses to serve you, the customer is justified to let the community know why they weren't served

No it's not. Not in Minnesota, Massachusetts, New York, Iowa, California, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Washington, Rhode Island, Delaware, New Hampshire and New York. They all have same sex marriage. It doesn't matter what words you are changing to push your agenda, sir. They are married in the eyes of God, man, and the State. Other states will be falling like dominoes in the face of the federal decisions of this past summer.

I see, so because "the state" says so, I must also believe likewise. Even though the people of those states didn't pass any pro-gay marriage agenda. In fact it is usually done by one activist judge overturning the will of the people, because the people almost always vote in favor of traditional marriage---See California.

I also doubt that "in the eyes of God" these queers are "married". Everyone knows the Bible makes it quite clear that homosexuality is an abomination. But, I digress, perhaps BDBoop knows God's feelings towards gays than what the Bible tells us.

A baker has the right to say "We refuse to serve gay weddings and are willing to face the consequences"

Do they really think their decisions have no consequences?

I see, so because "the state" says so, I must also believe likewise. Even though the people of those states didn't pass any pro-gay marriage agenda. In fact it is usually done by one activist judge overturning the will of the people, because the people almost always vote in favor of traditional marriage---See California.

I also doubt that "in the eyes of God" these queers are "married". Everyone knows the Bible makes it quite clear that homosexuality is an abomination. But, I digress, perhaps BDBoop knows God's feelings towards gays than what the Bible tells us.

Who is making you have a gay marriage? Probably the same people making you have an interracial marriage and a interfaith marriage.

The BASTARDS!!!!!!

Yep. That's my point. People react badly to the word "aberration," when really they shouldn't. Although, I will admit, it often carries a negative connotation. But I don't mean it in a negative manner, just calling it what it is. A departure from the norm. It's pretty easy to see what the norm is when you consider male and female sex organs. Pretty obvious what's SUPPOSED to happen.

If you don't mean it in a negative manner you shouldn't use a word with negative connotations.

A baker has the right to say "We refuse to serve gay weddings and are willing to face the consequences"

Do they really think their decisions have no consequences?

exactly the point I made earlier.

A business owner should have the right to refuse service to anyone he wants but he also has to accept the consequences if his action displease the market he serves.

Wrong.

A marriage is between a man and woman of the same sex, race, and religion, and it is arrange by and approved by the parents of the bride and groom. Any deviation from that isn't marriage.

Last edited:
If the Christian bakers lose their business, they should go to their pastor and explain that they refused to bake a cake for a gay wedding, just like God wants. They should explain how the reaction to their decision caused a public outrage and it drove them out of business

The pastor can explain that it is all part of Gods plan and they will get their reward in heaven

Forum List

Back