Christian but baptized as a kid? Go to HELL!

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
Finally I am getting "born agains" to admit that any Christians who were baptized when we were little kids by our parents are not saved and are not going to heaven unless we go get baptized again.

How many of you are Christians but were baptized as kids? Most Catholics are baptized as kids. Do Catholics know they aren't going to hell because they never got baptized as adults?

I love the Born again's spin on religion. Brilliant! What a clever angle. What could make us different and win over members from other churches? What do they do that we can do different? Oh yea, lets tell them they have to be baptized as adults and they have to be "born again". Very very clever. :eusa_clap:

Even better than Joseph Smith's story that he prayed to Jesus asking what church he should join and jesus told him none of them they are all corrupt and to start his own. :eusa_clap: These guys are slick.

How many of you Christians were baptized when you were babies? I think every Greek Orthodox Christian is and so are most Catholics. Do you know born agains say you have to be born again/baptized as an adult or you won't go to heaven? Gismys, please explain it to them.

And Mormons say GOD told Joseph Smith all of the other Christian religions were bullshit, even the born agains and that he should start his own church. Genius if you ask me. What could I change and start my own religion? Let me think. I got it! God told me to hit the reset button. He says that all the other religions he tried to get started, the people he talked to were too stupid and uneducated and so he told me from now on pretend he is the planet earth and to please start worshiping it better. Stop filling the oceans with plastic and stop putting so much co2 into the atmosphere. If we don't we will see his wrath in the form of hurricanes, tornadoes, drouts, famine, etc.

Oh, and he said feel free to butt fuck each other all you want. Just wear a condom. And if you can't afford to have a child but get pregnant, abort. We are overpopulating the planet/god too much as is. Just like any person can have too many kids, so does the planet/god. He said he would ask us all to stop fucking so much but he knows that's not going to happen. It's one of life's pleasures.

Sooner or later some religious is gonna come up with a Baptism that's only good for 12 months. With, of course, a hefty renewal fee.

Isn't that sort of like the Catholic's confession? What's the first thing they ask? "When's the last time you came to confession?" And how does every confession start? "Forgive me father it's been 2 months since my last confession...".

Baptism is like other inane rituals. Like magic water, magic smoke, mumbling while on your knees ... Reassuring to the fearful but pretty meaningless.

Sooner or later some religious is gonna come up with a Baptism that's only good for 12 months. With, of course, a hefty renewal fee.

Isn't that sort of like the Catholic's confession? What's the first thing they ask? "When's the last time you came to confession?" And how does every confession start? "Forgive me father it's been 2 months since my last confession...".

Sorta but apparently there is not (yet) a renewal fee. Maybe when Obama is demoted to Pope?

Finally I am getting "born agains" to admit that any Christians who were baptized when we were little kids by our parents are not saved and are not going to heaven unless we go get baptized again.

How many of you are Christians but were baptized as kids? Most Catholics are baptized as kids. Do Catholics know they aren't going to hell because they never got baptized as adults?

I love the Born again's spin on religion. Brilliant! What a clever angle. What could make us different and win over members from other churches? What do they do that we can do different? Oh yea, lets tell them they have to be baptized as adults and they have to be "born again". Very very clever. :eusa_clap:

Even better than Joseph Smith's story that he prayed to Jesus asking what church he should join and jesus told him none of them they are all corrupt and to start his own. :eusa_clap: These guys are slick.

You're just finding out?
I could have told you that.

Little children have no need of baptism because baptism is for the remission of sins. They are not accountable for their actions until they learn right from wrong. The atonement of Christ covers them.

Baptism is a sacred covenant we make with God. Why would you expect it to mean anything before we can make a choice to enter that covenant and follow Christ?

"Being baptized" isn't a prerequisite for salvation. Yes ... believers should be baptized if possible but it's not always possible. One must believe in Jesus Christ in order to be saved. A believer who is not baptized is saved but someone who was baptized but doesn't believe in Christ will not be saved. I personally believe that baptism is an important, Christian ceremony but I believe that it shouldn't be taken lightly. I don't believe that babies or children are mature enough to make such a conscious decision (but that's just my strong opinion).

Last edited:
Because of the death rate of children in earlier times, parents baptized them under the misconception that you must be baptized to enter Heaven. Children that die go directly to our Father regardless. The exercise if worthless, pertaining to an infant, but it is also an indication that the parents are dedicating the child to Christ. It has nothing to do with salvation. Drift is right.

Baptism is extremely important by Biblical standards though. The question of when to get baptized, is answered in the Bible with, "why wait, as soon as the sun rises, and right now". It is an outward admission of giving your life to Christ, and the death of the old person you used to be. A new creature in Christ emerges from the water.

Last edited:

You're just finding out?

I always knew but this whole time Gismys wasn't telling those christians they would burn in hell for not being saved again. See, they leave those types of christians alone because they don't want to lose members. As long as you say you're a "christian" they are ok with you. But, you should all know, they don't think you are going to heaven either. Even you half christians are going to burn in hell with the rest of us. :lol:

Little children have no need of baptism because baptism is for the remission of sins. They are not accountable for their actions until they learn right from wrong. The atonement of Christ covers them.

Baptism is a sacred covenant we make with God. Why would you expect it to mean anything before we can make a choice to enter that covenant and follow Christ?

I don't know. That's just what we have done for thousands of years. See Christianity started off with Catholics, correct? They are the original christians and they/we always baptized our kids young. I think what you are saying makes sense if you believe in god then you should probably make the choice for yourself, not have your parents make it for you when you are a baby. I myself was baptized and I don't believe in god. But I did when I was in my 20's and now I'm in my 40's and I don't believe. So I guess even if I did get baptized as an adult, I would need to do it again if I change my mind, right?

OR, how about this. How about I can work it out with god and leave your church out of it? I find it fascinating that I have to go to your church and have your priest dip my head in the water to be saved. I can't just believe in jesus as my savior and skip the pool party?

Hey, I think it is brilliant. When the born agains split from the Catholics, they had to come up with a way to make themselves different. What spin could they come up with? I know. Catholics baptize their kids. Those kids need to be "born again" when they are adults. And since the Catholic church doesn't do that, I guess they have to come to your church for that. VERY SMART..

Biblical support for infant baptism:

But Jesus said, Suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for to such belongeth the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14

But Jesus said, Suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for to such belongeth the kingdom of heaven.

But Jesus said, Suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for to such belongeth the kingdom of heaven. JESUS BAPTIZED NO ONE!!!

You're just finding out?

I always knew but this whole time Gismys wasn't telling those christians they would burn in hell for not being saved again. See, they leave those types of christians alone because they don't want to lose members. As long as you say you're a "christian" they are ok with you. But, you should all know, they don't think you are going to heaven either. Even you half christians are going to burn in hell with the rest of us. :lol:

I don't think you understand how this works.
You don't join a church and become a Christian as a result.
You have to be born into it.

I don't believe in tricking anyone into being a Christian because if you can trick someone into being a Christian then someone can trick them out of being a Christian.

I think you think that leading people into or out of Christianity is easier than you think. You have no idea.

John 10:29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand.

You're just finding out?

YOU CAN BE BAPTIZED EVERDAY OF YOUR LIFE AND STILL GO TO HELL,BEING BAPTIZED SAVES NO ONE, BELIEVING ON JESUS,ACCEPTING JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR,CONFESSING AND REPENTING IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED(BORN AGAIN). Learn.

You can't believe for your children:

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 doesn't say, "he that is baptized not shall be damned". It says "He that believeth not shall be damned."

Bible Question: Must we be baptized to be saved?

"Being baptized" isn't a prerequisite for salvation. Yes ... believers should be baptized if possible but not it's not always possible. One must believe in Jesus Christ in order to be saved. A believer who is not baptized is saved but someone who was baptized but doesn't believe in Christ will not be saved. I personally believe that baptism is an important, Christian ceremony but I believe that it shouldn't be taken lightly. I don't believe that babies or children are mature enough to make such a conscious decision (but that's just my strong opinion).

You need to work that out with born agains. They say you have to be baptized/born again as an adult or you will not go to heaven.

So any Catholics, as much as they think their religion is the best, I'm sorry Catholics but if you were baptized as kids and not as adults, even if you go to church every weekend and accept jesus as your lord and savior, sorry guys, but you are going to hell.

Anyways, do you see why I don't take any of you seriously? This guy says being baptized isn't a pre req but others say its a must. I think you are all fucking crazy. :cuckoo::eusa_pray::cuckoo::eusa_pray::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back