Christian but baptized as a kid? Go to HELL!

Been baptised, grew up realised the water was just water, the bread is just bread, and the wine aka the so called blood of Christ boringly is usually alcohol free.

Life's better when you're free.

Been baptised, grew up realised the water was just water, the bread is just bread, and the wine aka the so called blood of Christ boringly is usually alcohol free.

you need to find a good bible believing,bible teaching church!! AND LEARN TO RESIST SATAN'S LIES!!!

You can't believe for your children:

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 doesn't say, "he that is baptized not shall be damned". It says "He that believeth not shall be damned."

Bible Question: Must we be baptized to be saved?
You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

My Church teaches that baptism is necessary to be saved.

That is a difficult teaching, because it leads to the questions, "What happens to babies who die before they are baptized?"

There is no answer, the Catholic Church does not have an answer.

The concept of Limbo has been rejected.

That is why most Catholics have their babies baptized as soon as possible.

I have three children, and I was ready at the birth of each to baptize them quickly if it looked like they were in peril of dying.

What happens to babies who die before they were baptized? They aren't judged because of the age of accountability which is Biblical. Your rationalization isn't found in the Bible and is just made up on your own authority instead of God's words.

Good questions. What happened to the thief on the cross? The thief on the cross wasn't baptized and Jesus said, "Today you will be with me in paradise".

Jesus is the head of the church. Your church is wrong when it says something that Jesus didn't say.

Baptism means death (Romans 6) so your death doesn't mean life.

Baptism is something you do below. Being born again is something that happens from above because the word means born from above.

1 Corinthians 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Still, the only ones allowed to enter into the promised land were Joshua and Caleb and God said he wouldn't allow the others to enter His rest. So you have people being baptized who weren't allowed to enter the promised land.

What happened in Noah's flood? You had eight souls who were saved and the rest were baptized by the flood who died because baptism means death (Romans 6).

You can argue baptism with me in the debate forum but I have printouts of past debates and files written.

You have to be born from above to enter the kingdom of God and just as you didn't birth yourself in physical birth, you can't birth yourself spiritually by being baptized.

You print out message board "debates"?

What a waste of the trees your god made.

Agreed but what about that magic smoke the magic incense puts out?

The "tradition" of baptizing children didn't start with Christ and the Apostles.

I have to argue with that.....in Acts, when the Apostles baptized, they baptized entire households, not just the adults......

I'd have to see the actual verse but "household" can mean the members of a household who've reached the age of accountability (mature enough to know right from wrong and the maturity to make decisions for themselves).

Acts 16 gives two examples....Lydia and the jailor....

Nevertheless, I have nothing against infant baptism if it's going to make mom and dad feel better but a person must come to a saving belief in Jesus Christ on his/her own in order to be saved. There is no other door to the Kingdom but by Jesus Christ. Man's traditions won't do the trick.

and yet, when God made his first covenant with his people the sign of the covenant (circumcision) was with infants, not those who had a mature understanding of God....why do you believe the sign of the new covenant should be different?......

GOD'S LAW FOR HIS PEOPLE THE JEWS=You are to undergo circumcision, or cutting around, and it will be the sign of the covenant between Me and you (17:11). This was a permanent decision. There was no going back. Like God’s covenant with Noah, God’s covenant with Abraham would have a sign. In God’s covenant with Noah the sign was the rainbow, and in God’s covenant with Abraham the sign is circumcision. This sign would require the shedding of blood. This would be a perpetual reminder to walk in His ways, it being, as it were, the master’s seal on his servant.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

My Church teaches that baptism is necessary to be saved.

That is a difficult teaching, because it leads to the questions, "What happens to babies who die before they are baptized?"

There is no answer, the Catholic Church does not have an answer.

The concept of Limbo has been rejected.

That is why most Catholics have their babies baptized as soon as possible.

I have three children, and I was ready at the birth of each to baptize them quickly if it looked like they were in peril of dying.

Guess what? Just like you think non christians go to hell, born agains say that if your kids don't become born again and get baptized on their own as adults, then they don't go to heaven. Sorry but unless your kids leave your church and become born again christians they are doomed to hell for all eternity. :cuckoo:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I don't worry about what born-again Christians think because I'm not a born-again Christian.

They are the heirs of the Protestant Reformation, which was the concept that you don't need the sacraments of the Catholic Church to be saved.

A lot of it was motivated by greed.

King Henry VIII and his Protestant friends became very wealthy when they looted the Catholic Church of all it's land and belongings.

I just want Catholics and all other non born agains to see that there are christians telling them they aren't doing enough to go to heaven. I want them to see how silly it is to them so they see that it is just as silly to me when they tell me I need to accept jesus or mohammad. My god all those christians who voted for Romney because mormon's are at least affiliated with jesus, but do they know how? They say Jesus told Joseph Smith that their branches of Christianity are BULLSHIT! Yet they still voted for him because religious people aren't taught to question anything. If they did think/question I think a lot of them would not have voted for a mormon.

Seems to me religions don't like to fight each other because it'd be one liar calling out another liar for lying.

Guess what? Just like you think non christians go to hell, born agains say that if your kids don't become born again and get baptized on their own as adults, then they don't go to heaven. Sorry but unless your kids leave your church and become born again christians they are doomed to hell for all eternity. :cuckoo:

I don't worry about what born-again Christians think because I'm not a born-again Christian.

They are the heirs of the Protestant Reformation, which was the concept that you don't need the sacraments of the Catholic Church to be saved.

King Henry VIII and his Protestant friends became very wealthy when they looted the Catholic Church of all it's land and belongings.

I just want Catholics and all other non born agains to see that there are christians telling them they aren't doing enough to go to heaven. I want them to see how silly it is to them so they see that it is just as silly to me when they tell me I need to accept jesus or mohammad. My god all those christians who voted for Romney because mormon's are at least affiliated with jesus, but do they know how? They say Jesus told Joseph Smith that their branches of Christianity are BULLSHIT! Yet they still voted for him because religious people aren't taught to question anything. If they did think/question I think a lot of them would not have voted for a mormon.

Seems to me religions don't like to fight each other because it'd be one liar calling out another liar for lying.

LOL!!! YOUR PURPOSE IN THIS LIFE IS TO SEEK AND FIND TRUTH=ALMIGHTY GOD!! SEEK TRUTH AND YOU FIND ALMIGHTY GOD!!! BUT FIRST YOU MUST SEEK NOT RUN AND HIDE AND HOPE GOD IS NOT REAL!!! Dream on!!!

YOU CAN BE BAPTIZED EVERDAY OF YOUR LIFE AND STILL GO TO HELL,BEING BAPTIZED SAVES NO ONE, BELIEVING ON JESUS,ACCEPTING JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR,CONFESSING AND REPENTING IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED(BORN AGAIN). Learn.

Does a person have to be dunked in water by a preacher as an adult to be "saved"? A lot of Catholics were baptized as kids. They believe in Jesus, accept him as lord and savior, they go to confession too but they have not been baptized as adults. Do they have to?

No, you do not have to be dunked, or by a preacher, but if there is no reason not to, then, why not get dunked by a preacher? Go get dunked in a creek, or a pond, and have a picnic if you want.
If you understand the reason for it, and you are sincere about your desire to live for Christ, you can baptize yourself in your bathtub. It is your heart in the matter, not your location or water level, that is important to our Father.

And no, they don't have to, but they should. If it was of benefit to Nicodemus, it's no less beneficial for us. Nevertheless, believing in Jesus, accepting Him as Lord and Savior, and confessing their sins secures their seat at their Father's table:

John 11:25 Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying."

And He means it. He is an awesome God. :eusa_angel:

My mom had the same belief about being "born again". She did believe that all you had to do as an adult is admit/agree/believe honestly and faithfully and that is all it took to be "born again". The born again churches want to say you have to literally go through the ceremony or you aren't "saved".

That was when my mom and I believed in god. She still says "there's got to be something" but that's just because she's been hard wired from birth. She's 70 now. Forget about converting her completely. But she agrees with me mostly where my dad thinks like BOSS. He says if science believes there's no god then science is stupid. Ok dad. Whatever you say buddy. Even though he no longer believes you have to be a Christian or else go to hell either, he still is clinging to the idea that "there must be a god".

His big reason is that the world is too perfect. But in fact it is not.

Argument from incredulity / Lack of imagination and Argumentum ad Ignorantiam. Ignores and does not eliminate the fact that something can seem incredible or unlikely and still be true, or appear to be obvious or likely and yet still be false.

The world is the way it is. Reality does not bend to our personal whim and facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. Our personal belief in something does not automatically make it real or true and, conversely, our lack of understanding of a topic does not make it false.

Until we understand something we “do not know”. Positing a ‘god’ in place of admitting personal ignorance is an unfounded leap which demonstrates a fundamental lack of humility.

The existence and non-existence of a god are not equally probable outcomes. The majority of things we can possibly imagine do not exist. Thus, belief is not as valid a position as skepticism when dealing with unsupported or unfalsifiable claims. Agnostic atheism is the most rational position.

It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” – Carl Sagan

“God is an ever-receding pocket of ignorance that’s getting smaller and smaller as time goes on.”- Neil deGrasse Tyson

LOL!!! YOUR PURPOSE IN THIS LIFE IS TO SEEK AND FIND TRUTH=ALMIGHTY GOD!! SEEK TRUTH AND YOU FIND ALMIGHTY GOD!!! BUT FIRST YOU MUST SEEK NOT RUN AND HIDE AND HOPE GOD IS NOT REAL!!! Dream on!!!

Actually, you are correct for a change. My purpose is to seek truth. I see no truth in what you say.

And excuse me but does it seem like I'm running from the answers or SCREAMING out for someone to please prove it to me. But what would it take to prove it to me?

What would convince an atheist of a god’s existence?

A particular standard of evidence is required to prove any claim. This ‘standard’ is adjusted depending upon the nature of the claim. Since god’s existence is an extraordinary claim, perhaps the most extraordinary claim, proving it requires equally extraordinary evidence.

The standard of evidence required to prove a god’s existence is immediately more than any personal anecdote, witness testimony, ancient book or reported miracle – none of which can be considered extraordinarily reliable. The human mind is also highly susceptible to being fooled and even fooling itself. One could be suffering from an hallucination or a form of undiagnosed schizophrenia, hysteria or psychosis, ruling out even our own senses as reliable evidence gathering mechanisms in this case. As strange as it sounds, misunderstood aliens might even be attempting to interact with us using extremely advanced technology. In fact, reality itself could be a computer simulation which we unknowingly inhabit.

Every conceivable argument, every imaginable piece of evidence for god is not without some fatal flaw or more likely explanation which precludes it from being used as definitive proof. Note: This is not the same as being close-minded.

There is, however, a simple answer to this question: God is what it would take to convince an atheist. An omniscient god would know the exact standard of evidence required to convince any atheist of its existence and, being omnipotent, it would also be able to immediately produce this evidence. If it wanted to, a god could conceivably change the brain chemistry of any individual in order to compel them to believe. It could even restructure the entire universe in such a way as to make non-belief impossible.

In short, a god actually proving its own existence is what would convince any atheist of said god’s existence.

Little children have no need of baptism because baptism is for the remission of sins. They are not accountable for their actions until they learn right from wrong. The atonement of Christ covers them.

Baptism is a sacred covenant we make with God. Why would you expect it to mean anything before we can make a choice to enter that covenant and follow Christ?

I don't know. That's just what we have done for thousands of years. See Christianity started off with Catholics, correct? They are the original christians and they/we always baptized our kids young. I think what you are saying makes sense if you believe in god then you should probably make the choice for yourself, not have your parents make it for you when you are a baby. I myself was baptized and I don't believe in god. But I did when I was in my 20's and now I'm in my 40's and I don't believe. So I guess even if I did get baptized as an adult, I would need to do it again if I change my mind, right?

OR, how about this. How about I can work it out with god and leave your church out of it? I find it fascinating that I have to go to your church and have your priest dip my head in the water to be saved. I can't just believe in jesus as my savior and skip the pool party?

Hey, I think it is brilliant. When the born agains split from the Catholics, they had to come up with a way to make themselves different. What spin could they come up with? I know. Catholics baptize their kids. Those kids need to be "born again" when they are adults. And since the Catholic church doesn't do that, I guess they have to come to your church for that. VERY SMART..

No. The Catholic church was formed long after the original Church founded by Christ and the Apostles was. If you read the writings of Paul you will see that he wrote letters to several churches (plural) and the church at Rome was only one of them. The book of Revelation speaks of 7 churches and Rome isn't even mentioned. The "tradition" of baptizing children didn't start with Christ and the Apostles.

Man I wish I could get my Catholic friend in on this conversation. According to him one of Jesus' deciples was the first pope and that lineage got handed down all the way to the Pope we have today.

Now my mormon friend says the lineage was broken somewhere from the first pope/deciple/apostle to the current pope so they don't have the authority from jesus anymore. But they do because Joseph smith passed it down to the modern leader of the LDS.

Born agains say you have to be dunked as an adult in their church.

God knows what the Jehova's are saying but they say only so many people get to go to heaven and you have to be a Jehova.

And you all think us Atheists are stupid?

I have to argue with that.....in Acts, when the Apostles baptized, they baptized entire households, not just the adults......

I'd have to see the actual verse but "household" can mean the members of a household who've reached the age of accountability (mature enough to know right from wrong and the maturity to make decisions for themselves).

Acts 16 gives two examples....Lydia and the jailor....

Nevertheless, I have nothing against infant baptism if it's going to make mom and dad feel better but a person must come to a saving belief in Jesus Christ on his/her own in order to be saved. There is no other door to the Kingdom but by Jesus Christ. Man's traditions won't do the trick.

and yet, when God made his first covenant with his people the sign of the covenant (circumcision) was with infants, not those who had a mature understanding of God....why do you believe the sign of the new covenant should be different?......

Yea! Wait till I'm 18 and then ask me if I still want you to cut the tip of my penis off and ruin the sensation.

Agreed but what about that magic smoke the magic incense puts out?

It's just smoke.

I keep watching these religious shows to see when they are going to talk about the great charity works they do or about the great charity work they are about to do but they only quote verses in the bible that seemed to be designed to brainwash and guilt people into believing. Once they are believers, then you'll see the money start pouring in.

P.S. I laugh whenever I see black women preaching HA, I said the lord he loves you HA, Can I get an amen? I SAID CAN I GET AN AMEN!

PPS. Oh yea, last night the guy said, "god is a jealous god. the thing that hurts him the most is when you doubt him and the thing he loves the most is when you believe in him. Now if I were a gullible sucker that would make me feel bad to doubt jesus and then I would go to my memory bank of everyone saying if you don't believe you will burn in hell and I can see how the masses are guilted into believing. I can't fake it. I see the scam. No guilt calling BULLSHIT when I see it. Sorry god. If you exist, you have to show me because these fools be crazy.

Google Christian Charities.
God doesn't have to show you anything.
You can be born again in the comfort of your living room. Location has nothing to do with it.
Your penis will be just fine.
If there is no God, then who are you praying to sealy?

John 14:6 -Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
^
Memorize that because the day is coming when you won't be able to find it in your politically correct version of the Bible.

Last edited:
Finally I am getting "born agains" to admit that any Christians who were baptized when we were little kids by our parents are not saved and are not going to heaven unless we go get baptized again.

How many of you are Christians but were baptized as kids? Most Catholics are baptized as kids. Do Catholics know they aren't going to hell because they never got baptized as adults?

I love the Born again's spin on religion. Brilliant! What a clever angle. What could make us different and win over members from other churches? What do they do that we can do different? Oh yea, lets tell them they have to be baptized as adults and they have to be "born again". Very very clever. :eusa_clap:

Even better than Joseph Smith's story that he prayed to Jesus asking what church he should join and jesus told him none of them they are all corrupt and to start his own. :eusa_clap: These guys are slick.

Catholics go through Confirmation where you reaffirm the vows made at your Baptism as an infant

/yawn....

Forum List

Back