Christian but baptized as a kid? Go to HELL!

Biblical support for infant baptism:

But Jesus said, Suffer the little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for to such belongeth the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14

You can't believe for your children:

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 doesn't say, "he that is baptized not shall be damned". It says "He that believeth not shall be damned."

Bible Question: Must we be baptized to be saved?
You are entitled to your opinion, of course.

My Church teaches that baptism is necessary to be saved.

That is a difficult teaching, because it leads to the questions, "What happens to babies who die before they are baptized?"

There is no answer, the Catholic Church does not have an answer.

The concept of Limbo has been rejected.

That is why most Catholics have their babies baptized as soon as possible.

I have three children, and I was ready at the birth of each to baptize them quickly if it looked like they were in peril of dying.

You're just finding out?
I could have told you that.

I always knew but this whole time Gismys wasn't telling those christians they would burn in hell for not being saved again. See, they leave those types of christians alone because they don't want to lose members. As long as you say you're a "christian" they are ok with you. But, you should all know, they don't think you are going to heaven either. Even you half christians are going to burn in hell with the rest of us. :lol:

YOU CAN BE BAPTIZED EVERDAY OF YOUR LIFE AND STILL GO TO HELL,BEING BAPTIZED SAVES NO ONE, BELIEVING ON JESUS,ACCEPTING JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR,CONFESSING AND REPENTING IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED(BORN AGAIN). Learn.

Does a person have to be dunked in water by a preacher as an adult to be "saved"? A lot of Catholics were baptized as kids. They believe in Jesus, accept him as lord and savior, they go to confession too but they have not been baptized as adults. Do they have to?

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Mark 16:16 doesn't say, "he that is baptized not shall be damned". It says "He that believeth not shall be damned."

That is a difficult teaching, because it leads to the questions, "What happens to babies who die before they are baptized?"

I have three children, and I was ready at the birth of each to baptize them quickly if it looked like they were in peril of dying.

Guess what? Just like you think non christians go to hell, born agains say that if your kids don't become born again and get baptized on their own as adults, then they don't go to heaven. Sorry but unless your kids leave your church and become born again christians they are doomed to hell for all eternity. :cuckoo:

There is this saying, "To be "baptized in blood". It means to commit murder for the first time :)

Guess what? Just like you think non christians go to hell, born agains say that if your kids don't become born again and get baptized on their own as adults, then they don't go to heaven. Sorry but unless your kids leave your church and become born again christians they are doomed to hell for all eternity. :cuckoo:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I don't worry about what born-again Christians think because I'm not a born-again Christian.

They are the heirs of the Protestant Reformation, which was the concept that you don't need the sacraments of the Catholic Church to be saved.

A lot of it was motivated by greed.

King Henry VIII and his Protestant friends became very wealthy when they looted the Catholic Church of all it's land and belongings.

I always knew but this whole time Gismys wasn't telling those christians they would burn in hell for not being saved again. See, they leave those types of christians alone because they don't want to lose members. As long as you say you're a "christian" they are ok with you. But, you should all know, they don't think you are going to heaven either. Even you half christians are going to burn in hell with the rest of us. :lol:

YOU CAN BE BAPTIZED EVERDAY OF YOUR LIFE AND STILL GO TO HELL,BEING BAPTIZED SAVES NO ONE, BELIEVING ON JESUS,ACCEPTING JESUS AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR,CONFESSING AND REPENTING IS THE ONLY WAY TO BE SAVED(BORN AGAIN). Learn.

Does a person have to be dunked in water by a preacher as an adult to be "saved"? A lot of Catholics were baptized as kids. They believe in Jesus, accept him as lord and savior, they go to confession too but they have not been baptized as adults. Do they have to?

No, you do not have to be dunked, or by a preacher, but if there is no reason not to, then, why not get dunked by a preacher? Go get dunked in a creek, or a pond, and have a picnic if you want.
If you understand the reason for it, and you are sincere about your desire to live for Christ, you can baptize yourself in your bathtub. It is your heart in the matter, not your location or water level, that is important to our Father.

And no, they don't have to, but they should. If it was of benefit to Nicodemus, it's no less beneficial for us. Nevertheless, believing in Jesus, accepting Him as Lord and Savior, and confessing their sins secures their seat at their Father's table:

John 11:25 Jesus told her, "I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying."

And He means it. He is an awesome God. :eusa_angel:

Last edited:
Avatar is right. This is the context of the verse:

Then some children were brought to Him so that He might lay His hands on them and pray; and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." After laying His hands on them, He departed from there.

Suffer simply means, to allow; to permit; not to forbid or hinder.

What happens to babies who die before they were baptized? They aren't judged because of the age of accountability which is Biblical. Your rationalization isn't found in the Bible and is just made up on your own authority instead of God's words.

Good questions. What happened to the thief on the cross? The thief on the cross wasn't baptized and Jesus said, "Today you will be with me in paradise".

Jesus is the head of the church. Your church is wrong when it says something that Jesus didn't say.

Baptism means death (Romans 6) so your death doesn't mean life.

Baptism is something you do below. Being born again is something that happens from above because the word means born from above.

1 Corinthians 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;

Still, the only ones allowed to enter into the promised land were Joshua and Caleb and God said he wouldn't allow the others to enter His rest. So you have people being baptized who weren't allowed to enter the promised land.

What happened in Noah's flood? You had eight souls who were saved and the rest were baptized by the flood who died because baptism means death (Romans 6).

You can argue baptism with me in the debate forum but I have printouts of past debates and files written.

You have to be born from above to enter the kingdom of God and just as you didn't birth yourself in physical birth, you can't birth yourself spiritually by being baptized.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I don't worry about what born-again Christians think because I'm not a born-again Christian.

They are the heirs of the Protestant Reformation, which was the concept that you don't need the sacraments of the Catholic Church to be saved.

A lot of it was motivated by greed.

King Henry VIII and his Protestant friends became very wealthy when they looted the Catholic Church of all it's land and belongings.

So what? It isn't what God said.
You have no basis if it isn't what God said or means.

Little children have no need of baptism because baptism is for the remission of sins. They are not accountable for their actions until they learn right from wrong. The atonement of Christ covers them.

Baptism is a sacred covenant we make with God. Why would you expect it to mean anything before we can make a choice to enter that covenant and follow Christ?

I don't know. That's just what we have done for thousands of years. See Christianity started off with Catholics, correct? They are the original christians and they/we always baptized our kids young. I think what you are saying makes sense if you believe in god then you should probably make the choice for yourself, not have your parents make it for you when you are a baby. I myself was baptized and I don't believe in god. But I did when I was in my 20's and now I'm in my 40's and I don't believe. So I guess even if I did get baptized as an adult, I would need to do it again if I change my mind, right?

OR, how about this. How about I can work it out with god and leave your church out of it? I find it fascinating that I have to go to your church and have your priest dip my head in the water to be saved. I can't just believe in jesus as my savior and skip the pool party?

Hey, I think it is brilliant. When the born agains split from the Catholics, they had to come up with a way to make themselves different. What spin could they come up with? I know. Catholics baptize their kids. Those kids need to be "born again" when they are adults. And since the Catholic church doesn't do that, I guess they have to come to your church for that. VERY SMART..

No. The Catholic church was formed long after the original Church founded by Christ and the Apostles was. If you read the writings of Paul you will see that he wrote letters to several churches (plural) and the church at Rome was only one of them. The book of Revelation speaks of 7 churches and Rome isn't even mentioned. The "tradition" of baptizing children didn't start with Christ and the Apostles.

Many folks were baptized as infants or young children only to end up rejecting Christ in their adult years. But there's a flip side to that coin -- there was a thief who was crucified with Christ and came to believe in Jesus as he hung from that cross. The man had no opportunity to be baptized yet Christ promised him that he would see Paradise on that very day:

Luke 23:43, "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Little children have no need of baptism because baptism is for the remission of sins. They are not accountable for their actions until they learn right from wrong. The atonement of Christ covers them.

Baptism is a sacred covenant we make with God. Why would you expect it to mean anything before we can make a choice to enter that covenant and follow Christ?

in our church, the parents and the congregation enter into the covenant to raise the child in the church.......the baptism of the infant is a sign of that covenant.....why exclude children from the church?......

lol....

The "tradition" of baptizing children didn't start with Christ and the Apostles.

I have to argue with that.....in Acts, when the Apostles baptized, they baptized entire households, not just the adults......

I'd have to see the actual verse but "household" can mean the members of a household who've reached the age of accountability (mature enough to know right from wrong and the maturity to make decisions for themselves). Nevertheless, I have nothing against infant baptism if it's going to make mom and dad feel better but a person must come to a saving belief in Jesus Christ on his/her own in order to be saved. There is no other door to the Kingdom but by Jesus Christ. Man's traditions won't do the trick.

Forum List

Back