Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality

What part of freedom OF religion and separation of Church and state are the homosexuals and left loons not quite grasping?
The opinion piece
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/opinion/sunday/frank-bruni-same-sex-sinners.html?rref=collection/column/frank-bruni&_r=0&referrer=

So where in that piece does he advocate the government mandate religious beliefs?
You know that's what he, and others like him want. Right?

No, it isn't. That's just what you and others like you want us to believe.

What part of freedom OF religion and separation of Church and state are the homosexuals and left loons not quite grasping?

Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality, says New York Times columnist

NEW YORK, April 7, 2015 – A New York Times columnist and a corporate leader have agreed that Christian churches “must” be convinced, or coerced, to change their teachings on sexual morality and abandon an “ossified” doctrinal teaching that sex outside heterosexual marriage is immoral.

Frank Bruni wrote that traditional Christianity – whether among evangelicals, Catholics, or Orthodox – provides the greatest resistance to normalizing homosexuality in the United States in a recent column in the New York Times.

“Homosexuality and Christianity don’t have to be in conflict in any church anywhere,” Bruni insisted. “The continued view of gays, lesbians and bisexuals as sinners is a decision. It’s a choice. It prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.”

Christian churches must be made to affirm homosexuality says New York Times columnist News LifeSite

Bruni's commentary:

Frank Bruni commentary It s time to cross homosexuality off the list of sins The Columbus Dispatch
Being anti gay is not good for the church. Its not even a ten commandments level offense. In fact I read the bible and didn't read 1 word about gay. The church knows eventually it'll be OK to be gay as long as you are monogamous. Why cares if two guys want to live together forever? Premisquity is the sin.

What? It's mentioned at least six times LMAO
I must have missed it. Did Jesus say it? I dont even care if he did. He was just a guy in the year zero.

Then why are you bawling about it? Just to whine and bawl about something you obviously have no clue about? You lied, you've never read the Bible. Why say you did if you didn't? You now have zero credibility
I did read the bible. It sucked! Sorry it didn't brainwash me and I haven't memorized it like you freak.

The opinion piece
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/04/05/opinion/sunday/frank-bruni-same-sex-sinners.html?rref=collection/column/frank-bruni&_r=0&referrer=

So where in that piece does he advocate the government mandate religious beliefs?
Look either comment on the topic or clam up. You're avoiding and are annoying

I'll comment as I please. Free speech.... remember? You don't have to respond. So again, pretty much a self-inflicted issue.

Idiot

You see? Perfect example. You have expressed an opinion and I don't care. I am not victimized by it, threatened by it or even slightly upset by it. I'm not going to start an entire thread to show how people are out to get me because of it. I don't care and I don't have to care. Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Ignored, as usual you bring nothing but gibberish.
Please just tell us why you believe this opinion piece is an assault on the separation of church and state
Well, let's take a look at the article. Actually, we need go further than the title, where he said Churches must be made to affirm homosexuality. Who can make them do that? Only one entity I can think of that has the power to do that. Not that any real Church will comply. Some churches will, but that will just show which churches real Christians should avoid.

Christian churches ‘must be made’ to affirm homosexuality, says New York Times columnist

NEW YORK, April 7, 2015 – A New York Times columnist and a corporate leader have agreed that Christian churches “must” be convinced, or coerced, to change their teachings on sexual morality and abandon an “ossified” doctrinal teaching that sex outside heterosexual marriage is immoral.

Frank Bruni wrote that traditional Christianity – whether among evangelicals, Catholics, or Orthodox – provides the greatest resistance to normalizing homosexuality in the United States in a recent column in the New York Times.

“Homosexuality and Christianity don’t have to be in conflict in any church anywhere,” Bruni insisted. “The continued view of gays, lesbians and bisexuals as sinners is a decision. It’s a choice. It prioritizes scattered passages of ancient texts over all that has been learned since — as if time had stood still, as if the advances of science and knowledge meant nothing.”

Christian churches must be made to affirm homosexuality says New York Times columnist News LifeSite

Bruni's commentary:

Frank Bruni commentary It s time to cross homosexuality off the list of sins The Columbus Dispatch
Being anti gay is not good for the church. Its not even a ten commandments level offense. In fact I read the bible and didn't read 1 word about gay. The church knows eventually it'll be OK to be gay as long as you are monogamous. Why cares if two guys want to live together forever? Premisquity is the sin.

I must have missed it. Did Jesus say it? I dont even care if he did. He was just a guy in the year zero.

Then why are you bawling about it? Just to whine and bawl about something you obviously have no clue about? You lied, you've never read the Bible. Why say you did if you didn't? You now have zero credibility
I did read the bible. It sucked! Sorry it didn't brainwash me and I haven't memorized it like you freak.

You didn't understand it, I mean you missed homosexuality being a sin six times LMAO. You thought yourself clever...but alas I'm much more clever....and informed

They are entitled under the first amendment to express their opinion. You are entitled to not care and the churches are entitled to do as they please. Ya gotta love freedom.
"Oh we won't require churches to accept our lifestyle". The New York Slimes article is chilling.

Bruni's commentary:

Why do I complain? Because religion is bad for us and has held back science and human advancement by at least 2000 years.

Fuck the bible watch the old and new Cosmos. Neil degrasse Tyson and Karl Sagan. Amazing. Better story than the bibles old and new.

Bruni's commentary:

Why do I complain? Because religion is bad for us and has held back science and human advancement by at least 2000 years.

Fuck the bible watch the old and new Cosmos. Neil degrasse Tyson and Karl Sagan. Amazing. Better story than the bibles old and new.

God is the most important thing in my life, that will never change

The opinion piece

And I suppose you believe that militant gays aren't using the government to trample a person's right of conscientious objection too. Please say yes. I could use a good laugh.

You didn't understand it, I mean you missed homosexuality being a sin six times LMAO. You thought yourself clever...but alas I'm much more clever....and informed
Maybe I read the gospel according to matthew?

The opinion piece

And I suppose you believe that militant gays aren't using the government to trample a person's right of conscientious objection too. Please say yes. I could use a good laugh.
How dare you say something about another persons free choice to be who they are. Do you say things to white women who date black men? No. You shut your fucking mouth because you dont want to be called a racist. We want to drive homophobes into the closet.

I bet you play with a stretchy armstrong, child
That sadly passed as wit with you, doesn't it?

I have no interest, pal. Move along with your BS and attempt to "dazzle" a loon
Can you at least admit that jumping to the conclusion that acceptance of gays would be government mandated was an invention of your own "mind"?

Fug off loon....how's that? Good grief why do you loons have to be so annoying? It's like it's a quest for you
You started a thread based on a premise you yourself can't explain or defend, and yet you have the audacity to call others "loons?"

Just tell us where the opinion piece suggests government involvement in church beliefs
History is an excellent teacher on issues such as this. And history has but a single page. The government will be involved in this at some point. It is a statistical certainty.

The opinion piece

How dare you say something about another persons free choice to be who they are. Do you say things to white women who date black men? No. You shut your fucking mouth because you dont want to be called a racist. We want to drive homophobes into the closet.
We say nothing because there are no militant groups of blacks or whites making outlandish demands that we accept inter-racial marriage or else. In other words, it's a non issue, since the Bible mentions nothing about inter-racial marriage.

No, the writer is not. It would certainly be unconstitutional, but the writer did not call for government action in the piece.
No, what the writer is calling for is that the people move unconstitutionally to restrict the rights of the American people...in direct opposition to freedoms our government is supposed to protect.

In other words, sedition.
Please, show us where the writer called for government action.

What I said is that the writer called for government action against churches by the government. I did not say that a "call for government action" was sedition, you loons.

What is sedition is calling for the people to rebel against our Constitution and our government, to restrict freedom of religion.
Please, show us where "the writer called for government action against churches by the government."

"Mitchell Gold, a prominent furniture maker and gay philanthropist, founded an advocacy group, Faith in America, which aims to mitigate the damage done to LGBT people by what it calls “religion-based bigotry" Gold says: "..... church leaders must be made “to take homosexuality off the sin list.”

What do you suppose that means? How does one *make* church leaders take "homosexuality off the sin list"?

And where does he or anyone call for government action against churches?

I mean other than in your imagination?

The opinion piece

I'll comment as I please. Free speech.... remember? You don't have to respond. So again, pretty much a self-inflicted issue.

Idiot

You see? Perfect example. You have expressed an opinion and I don't care. I am not victimized by it, threatened by it or even slightly upset by it. I'm not going to start an entire thread to show how people are out to get me because of it. I don't care and I don't have to care. Freedom is a wonderful thing.

Ignored, as usual you bring nothing but gibberish.
Please just tell us why you believe this opinion piece is an assault on the separation of church and state
Well, let's take a look at the article. Actually, we need go further than the title, where he said Churches must be made to affirm homosexuality. Who can make them do that? Only one entity I can think of that has the power to do that. Not that any real Church will comply. Some churches will, but that will just show which churches real Christians should avoid.
Which government made the Episcopalian church change its stance on homosexuals?

Having read Frank Bruni's actual column I can see why you are outraged.

He points out that faith based bigotry is still bigotry.

But nowhere does Bruni say that churches must be forced or coerced to do anything. You just made that crap up.

Nowhere does Bruni or anyone suggest that the state do anything to churches- you just made that crap up.

Poor Christians- so determined to be victims.
I think some of them get off sexually on feeling persecuted.
And I think it's time to put you on my ignore list. I've waited this long because you can sometimes be amusing, but some of your recent comments went too far.

The opinion piece

We say nothing because there are no militant groups of blacks or whites making outlandish demands that we accept inter-racial marriage or else. In other words, it's a non issue, since the Bible mentions nothing about inter-racial marriage.

LOL.....it wasn't a 'non-issue' when the Loving's fought for their right to be married to the one that they loved.

And plenty of preachers then claimed that the races were supposed to be separated- even Christian icon Bob Jones- founder of the Christian College Liberty University claimed that

Is Segregation Scriptural by Bob Jones Sr 1960 A Time To Laugh

Please, show us where the writer called for government action.

What I said is that the writer called for government action against churches by the government. I did not say that a "call for government action" was sedition, you loons.

What is sedition is calling for the people to rebel against our Constitution and our government, to restrict freedom of religion.
Please, show us where "the writer called for government action against churches by the government."

"Mitchell Gold, a prominent furniture maker and gay philanthropist, founded an advocacy group, Faith in America, which aims to mitigate the damage done to LGBT people by what it calls “religion-based bigotry" Gold says: "..... church leaders must be made “to take homosexuality off the sin list.”

What do you suppose that means? How does one *make* church leaders take "homosexuality off the sin list"?

Public pressure. Gay church members and their families. Others working in the respective churches to make the change.

Seems pretty obvious.

They're talking about forcing the churches to alter the bible, and penalizing them if they don't. They're talking about criminalizing faith.

Not in the article you cited- perhaps in your mind they are- but not to anyone who can actually read.

Yes, I see your point now and since Protestants reject Sacred Tradition and have a malleable belief system they will eventually succumb to homosexual pressure. Most people don't perceive this fatal weakness that caused Protestants to abandon all opposition to contraception in the 20th century. This laid the groundwork and makes almost certain the day they will cave in to other forms of sexual immorality...

It's not so much caving to sexual immorality but rather fighting the urge to do God's job which in this case is judging our sins. Our job is to break down the walls that separate us from other humans. I'm pretty certain God would have us love one another.
Christians have no problem with loving everybody..

I agree Christians don't.

I am wondering when you will learn to love your neighbors.

The opinion piece

That is the story that the Conservative bigots keep trying to sell.

Forum List

Back