Christian friends of gays and lesbians

What is ridiculous is claiming Christianity is not the driving force behind bigotry towards gays.

yeah, all those christians in iran prove it.

oh, wait. :rofl:

fuckwit

The LDS and RCC primary movers in the defeat of marriage quality in California.

Texas and Montana are reinstating criminalization of homosexuality.

Thanks Christians

Ok, I'll bite. What laws are going into effect in Texas and Montana?

And why have you gone with the broadbrush again?

yeah, all those christians in iran prove it.

oh, wait. :rofl:

fuckwit

Thanks Christians

I thought there was a seperation of church and state in Texas and Montana?

Or have they secceeded?:tongue:

Texas and Montana want to follow in Uganda's footsteps.

They want to be governed by a homocidal, cannibal?

time-amin.jpg

oh, all of them. :rofl:

get a grip

One of my wishes is that some day, you walk in my shoes. Seriously.

well since i'm a straight male, that day's gonna be a long time coming.

i don't deny there are homophobes, just that there are gangs of them slavering to go kick some gay ass in every church.

sorry, that dog won't hunt.

seriously.

Interesting you say gangs...because quite frequently gay bashings take place with gangs of 5 or more guys in a car driving thru gay neighborhoods near gay bars waiting to jump one lone gay walking home. It's not as frequent as it used to be...but it still happens in places like Hillcrest here, the Castro in San Fran, West Hollywood in LA...(three gay neighborhoods I know of here)

The text of the Texas GOP platform forthrightly states that the Party “oppose the legalization of sodomy” and says that “homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans.”
Read more: Texas GOP platform endorses anti-sodomy laws, other controversial positions | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

the GOP platform there also seeks to turn back the clock and return to a pre-Lawrence authoritarian utopia:

The 2010 GOP platform in Texas supports laws that criminalize sodomy and suggests that straight people who support same-sex marriage should be penalized with jail time. The GOP platform was quoted as openly stating:

“We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy,” the GOP platform reads. Meaning that even though the U.S. Supreme Court overturned sodomy laws last decade (ironically in a case that stemmed from Texas), Texas Republicans would like the state to have the power to criminalize LGBT folks for having sex.
http://www.dlcc.org/node/1990

Last edited:

Thanks Christians

I thought there was a seperation of church and state in Texas and Montana?

Or have they secceeded?:tongue:

Texas? None too soon, IMO.

The text of the Texas GOP platform forthrightly states that the Party “oppose the legalization of sodomy” and says that “homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans.”
Read more: Texas GOP platform endorses anti-sodomy laws, other controversial positions | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

the GOP platform there also seeks to turn back the clock and return to a pre-Lawrence authoritarian utopia:

The 2010 GOP platform in Texas supports laws that criminalize sodomy and suggests that straight people who support same-sex marriage should be penalized with jail time. The GOP platform was quoted as openly stating:

“We oppose the legalization of sodomy. We demand that Congress exercise its authority granted by the U.S. constitution to withhold jurisdiction from the federal courts from cases involving sodomy,” the GOP platform reads. Meaning that even though the U.S. Supreme Court overturned sodomy laws last decade (ironically in a case that stemmed from Texas), Texas Republicans would like the state to have the power to criminalize LGBT folks for having sex.
Montana Republicans Believe in Things, too | Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee

Texas is such a Christian State....just ask them.

I've traveled to India, Nepal, Thailand and Korea. What I am specifically addressing, is the LDS and Catholic Church's activism in defeating marriage equality in California. That directly impacted my life.

You know, Sky, get over it. See a lawyer. You can have all the benefits of marriage without actually being married. You can have power of attorney, you can have medical power of attorney over your partner. You can make sure your partner inherits everything you have and makes any decisions on your behalf should you not be able to make them. Almost all companies today provide medical and retirement benefits to same sex couples.

You can even find a church that will give you a religious ceremony.

At this point, your gripe is almost a red herring.

Did you know that when I worked for United, they provided insurance for same sex couples who weren't married but would not do the same for heterosexual couples even though they'd been together for years and had kids?

Okay, fair enough, the heterosexuals could have gotten married, but they couldn't because one of them had left her ex and was still married to him and afraid to get a divorce as that would tell him where she was.

Life's not always fair. Get over it.

You want to complain about something? I have a 22 year old son that's still in diapers. That's something to complain about.

And I can send you a list of Christian churches who would be happy to sanctify your wedding if you want to get married in a church.

I've been married at a Buddhist meditaion center by a Lama. It's the civil marriage law that's the issue.

I frankly don't care if I'm unable to marry in a Christian Church. I just want the Christians to stop trying to impose their morality in civil marriage law.

The Montana Republican Party is following in Texas' footsteps by also creating a party platform to ban homosexual acts. This continues the theme I've long argued that Republicans don't just oppose gay marriage or gay rights -- universally -- but they oppose gay existence. They often believe that homosexuals engaging in consensual sexual relations with one another should be punished with jail sentences.
GOP in Montana Expands Push to Re-Criminalize Sodomy - Queer Sighted

Montana Republicans Believe in Things, too | Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee

Oh. Well I'm not sure a party platform constitutes your declaration that "Texas and Montana are reinstating criminalization of homosexuality," but I do disagree with the Texas GOP. There are all sorts of things that show up in party platforms which do not become law. However, I certainly would not vote for any Republican in Texas that didn't publicly speak out against this bit of idiocy.

Do you plan to keep blaming "Christians" in such a broad brush way? Seems to me the blame here belongs on GOP idiots.

You know, Sky, get over it. See a lawyer. You can have all the benefits of marriage without actually being married. You can have power of attorney, you can have medical power of attorney over your partner. You can make sure your partner inherits everything you have and makes any decisions on your behalf should you not be able to make them. Almost all companies today provide medical and retirement benefits to same sex couples.

You can even find a church that will give you a religious ceremony.

At this point, your gripe is almost a red herring.

Did you know that when I worked for United, they provided insurance for same sex couples who weren't married but would not do the same for heterosexual couples even though they'd been together for years and had kids?

Okay, fair enough, the heterosexuals could have gotten married, but they couldn't because one of them had left her ex and was still married to him and afraid to get a divorce as that would tell him where she was.

Life's not always fair. Get over it.

You want to complain about something? I have a 22 year old son that's still in diapers. That's something to complain about.

And I can send you a list of Christian churches who would be happy to sanctify your wedding if you want to get married in a church.

I've been married at a Buddhist meditaion center by a Lama. It's the civil marriage law that's the issue.

I frankly don't care if I'm unable to marry in a Christian Church. I just want the Christians to stop trying to impose their morality in civil marriage law.

The Montana Republican Party is following in Texas' footsteps by also creating a party platform to ban homosexual acts. This continues the theme I've long argued that Republicans don't just oppose gay marriage or gay rights -- universally -- but they oppose gay existence. They often believe that homosexuals engaging in consensual sexual relations with one another should be punished with jail sentences.
GOP in Montana Expands Push to Re-Criminalize Sodomy - Queer Sighted

All Republicans and all Christians or just these specific fuckwits?

I'm starting to think that you enjoy railing against targets more than making any meaningful strides to change a situation you don't like.

Oh. Well I'm not sure a party platform constitutes your declaration that "Texas and Montana are reinstating criminalization of homosexuality," but I do disagree with the Texas GOP. There are all sorts of things that show up in party platforms which do not become law. However, I certainly would not vote for any Republican in Texas that didn't publicly speak out against this bit of idiocy.

Do you plan to keep blaming "Christians" in such a broad brush way? Seems to me the blame here belongs on GOP idiots.

Queers shouldn't be wetting their panties:

The United States legalized sodomy in 2003, so anything done on the state lever really doesn't threaten the Supreme Court decision Lawrence v Texas.

As long as CHristians organize in large numbers to defeat marriage equality, for example, or to reinstitute criminalization for homosexuality, I will make a note of that.

I also am aware that the majority of people who have posted on this thread do not fall into that category.

Forum List

Back