Christian zealot beheads teen for practicing witchcraft

This guy, apparently did not get that memo.

This guy was a tweaker, a meth head.

I'm sure you can relate.

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” – Revelation, 21:8

I find it amusing that you Atheists get so worked up over threats of punishment after death.

They have no impact on me because I don't believe in heaven or hell.

Clearly you morons do.

I'm just providing versus that CLEARLY condone the murdering of witches, straight from the Christian Bible. And there's plenty more, showing just that.

We would likely blame it on his religious beliefs, because there's a perfectly reasonable reason to do so.
Why on HIS religious beliefs if he is a Muslim but not on his religious beliefs if he's a Christian?

As I mentioned in an earlier post, with fundamental Islamist's, you have an organized doctrine that seeks to destroy western civilization. You don't have that with Christians or Christianity. There are not calls around the world from Christian leaders to kill non-believers. With Islamic militant leaders, they are always calling for us to be destroyed.
So yes, it's much more likely that religion would be at play if this were a Muslim beheading.

There are multiple verses in YOUR Bible with instruction to kill witches and sorcerers. This young man was doing what YOUR Bible told him to do.

It isn't my Bible, I am not a Christian.

There are multiple verses in the Bible with instruction to kill witches and sorcerers. This young man was doing what the Bible told him to do.

I would say it's more likely due to his "heavy drug use", but even if he felt the scriptures were calling out to him to act, you're still missing the key points of our argument.
There are no Christians organizing and attacking non-believers.
There are no Christian leaders calling on Christians around the world to destroy westerners.
There is no demand by Christians around the world for non-believers to conform to Islamic ways or die.
There are no Christian nations that force women to stay indoors if their husband is not with them.
There are no Christian nations that force women to cover themselves from head to toe.

Should I continue, or is it finally sinking in ?

The point is, if this murderer were a Muslim, it's much more likely he would act out the printed word from his book, than a Christian, because we don't have Christian after Christian acting out this way.
We do however with Muslims.

He's insane. His religion is insignificant even tho the OP is trying to equate Christianity with radical Islam.

This is an all too familiar practice for these unintelligent apologists for Islam. Their big 3 techniques seem to be these:

1 -- Matter or prevalence. They find something like this which is extremely rare in Christianity to compare to something quite common in Islam, inevitably using an example of something routinely condemned by Christians and fairly widely supported by Muslims.

2 -- Matter of magnitude. They find something mildly annoying in Christianity to compare to something really vile in Islam -- I/E Christians shunning those who leave the faith as a comparison to Muslims killing apostates.

3 -- Matter of time. They find something in Christianity's past to compare to the Islamic present -- Spanish inquisition or witchcraft trials. It's as if the world has experience some weird rift in the time/space continuum.

All degrees, and all irrelevant Probability Fallacies.

The question is not, "is it true (or likely) that Islam/Christianism/whatever religion is the root cause of this (beheading/terrorism/violence) incident?"

-- Rather, the question is, "does the fact that the perpetrator of this event is a Muslim(/Christian/Jew etc) tell us that such an act is a Muslim (Chrisitan/Jewish/etc) act?"

And the answer to that question must be consistent, regardless which religion or which event is plugged in. The answer must always be the same.

And the answer is "no". It cannot vacillate between "yes" when it's "them" and "no" when it's "us".

It's a good example of why we keep religion and government separate.

How many non christians would be dead now if the christian right had their way and we were a christian theocracy?

I'm not christian. I'm pagan and in the world of those crazy people I'm a witch. So they would kill me.

'Religious zealot' Christian student 'decapitated 19-year-old friend because he thought he practiced witchcraft'

Marin was furious at Crockett for his interest in witchcraft, which he saw as contrary to his Christian faith, court records show

College student and Christian religious zealot Isaiah Marin decapitates pal with a black sword Daily Mail Online

LOL and your point is that Christianity approves of such behavior ? I understand that you hate religion but this is a real stretch. Hide and watch. The guy will be declared insane.

Let's get something straight, goono doesn't hate "religion", he hates Christianity and Christians. That's as far as his hate goes.

Did he say that he hates Christianity and Christians?

Lol ! Did you just get here ? Goono makes it clear every single day of his undying hate of Christians and Christianity. Do a search of the threads he authors, nearly every single one are devoted to bashing of Christians. He hates the very ground they stand on, ask anyone here.

Poisoning the Well fallacy.

I'm just providing versus that CLEARLY condone the murdering of witches, straight from the Christian Bible. And there's plenty more, showing just that.

Is that what you think, retard?

“But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.” – Revelation, 21:8

What a fuckwit you are.

I would say it's more likely due to his "heavy drug use", but even if he felt the scriptures were calling out to him to act, you're still missing the key points of our argument.
There are no Christian leaders calling on Christians around the world to destroy westerners.
There is no demand by Christians around the world for non-believers to conform to Islamic ways or die.
There are no Christian nations that force women to stay indoors if their husband is not with them.
There are no Christian nations that force women to cover themselves from head to toe.

The point is, if this murderer were a Muslim, it's much more likely he would act out the printed word from his book, than a Christian, because we don't have Christian after Christian acting out this way.

Carla is a mindless bigot with an IQ in the low 40's - concepts are far beyond her ability to grasp.

Reasoning with her is a waste of time.

Mocking her can be great fun, though.

Carla is a mindless bigot with an IQ in the low 40's - concepts are far beyond her ability to grasp.

I can only handle so much of the liberal's intellectual dishonesty a day----then I'm with you---it's a waste of time.

Is that what you think, retard?

What a fuckwit you are.

Ad hominem fallacy. Twice.

Make it thrice.

I can only handle so much of the liberal's intellectual dishonesty a day----then I'm with you---it's a waste of time.

The dishonesty lies in the fallacies and those who tender them, not those who note them.

He's insane. His religion is insignificant even tho the OP is trying to equate Christianity with radical Islam.

This is an all too familiar practice for these unintelligent apologists for Islam. Their big 3 techniques seem to be these:

1 -- Matter or prevalence. They find something like this which is extremely rare in Christianity to compare to something quite common in Islam, inevitably using an example of something routinely condemned by Christians and fairly widely supported by Muslims.

2 -- Matter of magnitude. They find something mildly annoying in Christianity to compare to something really vile in Islam -- I/E Christians shunning those who leave the faith as a comparison to Muslims killing apostates.

3 -- Matter of time. They find something in Christianity's past to compare to the Islamic present -- Spanish inquisition or witchcraft trials. It's as if the world has experience some weird rift in the time/space continuum.

The question is not, "is it true (or likely) that Islam/Christianism/whatever religion is the root cause of this (beheading/terrorism/violence) incident?"

-- Rather, the question is, "does the fact that the perpetrator of this event is a Muslim(/Christian/Jew etc) tell us that such an act is a Muslim (Chrisitan/Jewish/etc) act?"

And the answer to that question must be consistent, regardless which religion or which event is plugged in. The answer must always be the same.

And the answer is "no". It cannot vacillate between "yes" when it's "them" and "no" when it's "us".

Killing infidels is condoned by Islamists. Christians do not condone it.

Killing infidels is condoned by Islamists. Christians do not condone it.

Apparently the one in the OP story did.

And before I forget --- blanket generalization fallacy. Make it two.

The dishonesty lies in the fallacies and those who tender them, not those who note them.

So Carla posts a flat out lie, claiming a verse that specifies throwing sinners in the lake of fire is "proof that Christians are to kill sinners," and you puke out about supposed "fallacy" when she is called on it?

ROFL

You lack the wits to grasp fallacy; once the argument is made, further insults are merely that.

You are a fool - that is not my argument, my argument is in the preceding sentence. My stating that you are a fool is merely an observation.

Exodus 22:18King James Version (KJV)
18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

Carla, you're a bigot and like all bigots, stupid as a pile of bricks.

Do you think Christians adhere to Levitical Law?

Hint, do they eat Bacon?

This guy, apparently did not get that memo.

REEEEEEEEEAAAALLY had to stretch this one to try to prove Christians condone murder. Didn't make it tho.

Forum List

Back