Christianity and Homosexuality

Anybody with two ears know that there has been an explosion of homosexuals in the last 5 years. David isn't the only one that noticed.

It appears to me, in spite of your professed atheism, that you are suffering from a contact high from the smoke of the conflagration of hypocritical Christian morality.

Whats up with the obsessions with other people sexual preferences and your judgement of 'deviant' sexual practices?

Where's all that coming from, my confused friend?

Want to know the truth about the OP? PM me and I will tell you.

um, no.

First you profess to be a long suffering atheist surrounded and outnumbered by those silly Christians, Poor you.

Then you start a post lamenting what we Christians should do about the scourge of homosexuality and sexual deviants that exists only in your mind....

I've already had enough, thank you.

“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”

― Lynn Lavner

The American Red Cross does not accept blood from homosexual males. The American Red Cross does accept blood from heterosexuals and homosexual women unless that heterosexual or that homosexual woman had sex with a prostitute. It's not that the blood of lesbians and heterosexuals is superior to the blood of homosexual males it's just easier to extract. Their blood just flows faster. It has nothing to do with science whatsoever. It's just a random preference that has nothing to do with science, medicine, religion or statistics. It's totally random and means nothing.

No, actually they do but it is given to those who already have HIV. Blood still gets tested as usual before use.

I see nothing about homosexuality when I read Jesus' sermons. Saul the usurper spoke against it and there is some crap in the old testament about it, but those who make an opposition to homosexuality such a big deal are really cherry picking there.

Can anybody HONESTLY say that if they picked up the new testament and started reading it from cover to cover that they would come away with the impression that their opposition to homosexuality is as important as they make it?

if Christians paid one tenth the amount of attention on following Jesus' actual teachings as they do their fear of homosexuality, this world would be a better place, indeed.

Homosexuality is condemned at least six times in the Bible, in both the old and new testaments.

Female homosexuality isn't mentioned in the Old Testament at all. It is only mentioned in the New Testament.

Homo is homo....the fact is it's a sin in the Bible, nothing has changed because God's word doesn't "evolve"
The bible is nothing more than a compilation of mythological fairy tales for the simpleminded.
Which would make it perfect for you..if that were true. That it is so reprehensible to idiots is just one of the reasons I put so much faith in it.

I see nothing about homosexuality when I read Jesus' sermons. Saul the usurper spoke against it and there is some crap in the old testament about it, but those who make an opposition to homosexuality such a big deal are really cherry picking there.

Can anybody HONESTLY say that if they picked up the new testament and started reading it from cover to cover that they would come away with the impression that their opposition to homosexuality is as important as they make it?

if Christians paid one tenth the amount of attention on following Jesus' actual teachings as they do their fear of homosexuality, this world would be a better place, indeed.

Homosexuality is condemned at least six times in the Bible, in both the old and new testaments.

Female homosexuality isn't mentioned in the Old Testament at all. It is only mentioned in the New Testament.

Homo is homo....the fact is it's a sin in the Bible, nothing has changed because God's word doesn't "evolve"

The Bible doesn't say, "homo", "homosexual", "gay" or any other common term used today. The Bible is crystal clear on this subject. Much has been written about it. It would be easy to find the commonly referenced scriptures without looking hard. There are no Old Testament texts that condemns, celebrates or is indifferent to female homosexuality. The preaching of men does not equate to scriptural texts. The New Testament condemns female homosexuality extremely harshly. The Old Testament doesn't even address it in any way.

It's still a sin.

If you are a Christian then it is considered way beyond sin. If you are Jewish then it is entirely acceptable and is not sin.

Anybody with two ears know that there has been an explosion of homosexuals in the last 5 years. David isn't the only one that noticed.

It appears to me, in spite of your professed atheism, that you are suffering from a contact high from the smoke of the conflagration of hypocritical Christian morality.

Whats up with the obsessions with other people sexual preferences and your judgement of 'deviant' sexual practices?

Define deviant as a mathematical expression.

Uh, no.

I know what deviant means as a mathematical expression. I also know that sanity could appear deviant to the perverted when the majority have gone insane.

Yep. That sanity would be considered deviant if 90% of the population was insane. Homosexuality would be considered deviant if 90% of the population was heterosexual. Having two or more sex partners over the course of a five year period would be considered deviant if 90% of the population had 0 or 1 sex partners over the course of a five year period.

Amassing 1 billion dollars or more is considered deviant behavior as well. It's not a derogatory term.

Define deviant as a mathematical expression.

Uh, no.

I know what deviant means as a mathematical expression. I also know that sanity could appear deviant to the perverted when the majority have gone insane.

Yep. That sanity would be considered deviant if 90% of the population was insane. Homosexuality would be considered deviant if 90% of the population was heterosexual. Having two or more sex partners over the course of a five year period would be considered deviant if 90% of the population had 0 or 1 sex partners over the course of a five year period.

Amassing 1 billion dollars or more is considered deviant behavior as well. It's not a derogatory term.

If it was not a derogatory term no one would be trying to criminalize what, as you said, everyone is thinking about.

If it was not a derogatory term no one would be trying to criminalize what, as you said, everyone is thinking about.

You are right. If it wasn't a derogatory term there wouldn't be so many people trying to make homosexual acts a criminal offense. You are right. This doesn't even consider the people who are trying to make homosexual acts a misdemeanor.

Shame on all those people that are trying to make homosexual acts into crimes. Shame on all of them.

Just out of curiosity, Who in the heck is trying to make homosexuality a crime? I must have missed C-Span the day that congress voted on that.

Many things that were sins/crimes in the bible no longer are, in the church or the state.

Child marriage, arranged marriage, girls sold into marriage, slavery, stoning for clothing/adultery/disobedience, etc., genocide, ................

Such ignorance and hypocrisy. Homosexuality is not pagan temple ritual prostitution, it is two people attracted to each other often for the rest of lives. It is about love not hate or abuse. It is part of "god created nature" in thousands of species including humans around the world throughout evolution even prehistory, part of DNA, brain chemistry, hormones, the way they are born.

Hate of your brother, hate of others, cruelty, abuse, persecution, defamation are sins and crimes. Jesus didn't condemn gays, he cared for and cured them even if they were no jews. But you don't have the compassion or even common sense to let them just be themselves the way your god obviously wanted them to be.

You should be ashamed of yourself

No, actually they do but it is given to those who already have HIV.

Wow! You have an impressive belief system.

>> According to the FDA’s own revised blood donation policy document, “The prevalence of HIV infection in male blood donors who reported that they were MSM was determined to be 0.25%, which is much lower than the estimated 11-12% HIV prevalence in the population of individuals reporting regular MSM behavior … This indicates that considerable self-selection likely took place in individuals who presented to donate.”

In fact, these advancements in HIV donor testing and other factors have reduced the risk of HIV transmission via blood transfusion from about 1 in 2,500 to 1 in 1.47 million, according to the FDA’s revised policy document.

For comparison, the odds of being struck by lightning in a lifetime (80 years) is 1 in 12,000,according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The odds of being struck by lightning in a given year is 1 in 960,000.<<

>> According to the FDA’s own revised blood donation policy document, “The prevalence of HIV infection in male blood donors who reported that they were MSM was determined to be 0.25%, which is much lower than the estimated 11-12% HIV prevalence in the population of individuals reporting regular MSM behavior … This indicates that considerable self-selection likely took place in individuals who presented to donate.”

In fact, these advancements in HIV donor testing and other factors have reduced the risk of HIV transmission via blood transfusion from about 1 in 2,500 to 1 in 1.47 million, according to the FDA’s revised policy document.

For comparison, the odds of being struck by lightning in a lifetime (80 years) is 1 in 12,000,according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The odds of being struck by lightning in a given year is 1 in 960,000.<<

I'll let you know what happens next time I donate blood. Maybe it has been updated since I gave blood in March 2016.

I'll let you know what happens next time I donate blood. Maybe it has been updated since I gave blood in March 2016.

be careful of god and his lightening.
car accidents
crossing the street
terrorism
street gangs
crime in general
drinking the water
side effects of medicines your doctor gives you
etc....................

HIV can be treated. One person has now been cured and soon more, at least in the early states.

How many would rather live, and be treated or cured, or die because they would not get a blood transfusion or organ transplant?

CDC - Diseases and Organisms - Blood Safety

you don't know what is in the blood or organs.

New Source Of Transplant Organs For Patients With HIV: Others - NPR
www.npr.org/.../new-source-of-transplant-organs-for-patients-with-hiv-others-with-...
NPR
Mar 31, 2016 - The organ donor and both recipients in the procedure this month were all HIV-positive — a first in the U.S. Using HIV-positive organs for some ...

be careful of god and his lightening.
car accidents
crossing the street
terrorism
street gangs
crime in general
drinking the water
side effects of medicines your doctor gives you
etc....................

HIV can be treated. One person has now been cured and soon more, at least in the early states.

How many would rather live, and be treated or cured, or die because they would not get a blood transfusion or organ transplant?

CDC - Diseases and Organisms - Blood Safety

you don't know what is in the blood or organs.

New Source Of Transplant Organs For Patients With HIV: Others - NPR
www.npr.org/.../new-source-of-transplant-organs-for-patients-with-hiv-others-with-...
NPR
Mar 31, 2016 - The organ donor and both recipients in the procedure this month were all HIV-positive — a first in the U.S. Using HIV-positive organs for some ...

Christianity and homosexuality? I thought the bible was clear that if you are homosexual then you must get your balls cut off. Somewhere it says that it is better for you to cut off your hand/leg/whatever if it causes you to sin than end up in hell altogether.

I thought the bible was clear that if you are homosexual then you must get your balls cut off.

I guess it isn't so clear. I never read that.
Even where the bible doesn't talk about sinning, it encourages to become a eunuch.

Never seen that. I read the Bible twice. I'll probably read it again within the year. I'll look for it. Never seen it. You must have been reading the Rick James Version.

"Nope. Never heard of it. Sorry" "Nope. Not familiar with it." "I think you read the wrong one."

I thought the bible was clear that if you are homosexual then you must get your balls cut off.

I guess it isn't so clear. I never read that.
Even where the bible doesn't talk about sinning, it encourages to become a eunuch.

Never seen that. I read the Bible twice. I'll probably read it again within the year. I'll look for it. Never seen it. You must have been reading the Rick James Version.

"Nope. Never heard of it. Sorry" "Nope. Not familiar with it." "I think you read the wrong one."

Matthew 5:30, Mark 9:43, Matthew 18:8. :)

You are right. If it wasn't a derogatory term there wouldn't be so many people trying to make homosexual acts a criminal offense. You are right. This doesn't even consider the people who are trying to make homosexual acts a misdemeanor.

Shame on all those people that are trying to make homosexual acts into crimes. Shame on all of them.

Just out of curiosity, Who in the heck is trying to make homosexuality a crime? I must have missed C-Span the day that congress voted on that.

Stop being coy.

It is a historical fact that homosexuality has been criminalized and then legalized back and forth throughout history. Many of those who claim to want to make this country "great again" want to go back in time when government collusion with the churches and state sponsored bigotry and racism was the norm, homosexuality was illegal, all those who didn't fall in line with the status quo were summarily rounded up and imprisoned by the millions, right here in this country, and not that long ago. Its still happening dimwit.

What do you think all the outrage against legalizing gay marriage was about if not one group of people trying to oppress and criminalize another by using their addled understanding of the bible as a pretext to make a false claim to moral authority in a vain attempt to influence laws and customs that would reflect their perverted views about right and wrong and human sexuality, laws that favor believers and punish unbelievers?

Where do you think the war on drugs came from if not from talking serpents, whispering in the ears of government officials, behind closed doors, who teach and believe that the human body is the temple of God and that using drugs is an affront to God ( even though they pop pills on a regular basis)?

Wouldn't that set the stage for people, who do not think very deeply, to believe that they are little gods that are motivated by the spirit of God to set out against all others believing that they are righteous, morally superior, their evil deeds, violent acts, murders, robberies, shake downs, civil rights violations, unconstitutional confiscation of property, justified and even God's work?

Last edited:

Stop being coy.

It is a historical fact that homosexuality has been criminalized and then legalized back and forth throughout history. Many of those who claim to want to make this country "great again" want to go back in time when government collusion with the churches and state sponsored bigotry and racism was the norm, homosexuality was illegal, all those who didn't fall in line with the status quo were summarily rounded up and imprisoned by the millions, right here in this country, and not that long ago. Its still happening dimwit.

What do you think all the outrage against legalizing gay marriage was about if not one group of people trying to oppress and criminalize another by using their addled understanding of the bible as a pretext to make a false claim to moral authority in a vain attempt to influence laws and customs that would reflect their perverted views about right and wrong and human sexuality, laws that favor believers and punish unbelievers?

Where do you think the war on drugs came from if not from talking serpents, whispering in the ears of government officials, behind closed doors, who teach and believe that the human body is the temple of God and that using drugs is an affront to God ( even though they pop pills on a regular basis)?

Wouldn't that set the stage for people, who do not think very deeply, to believe that they are little gods that are motivated by the spirit of God to set out against all others believing that they are righteous, morally superior, their evil deeds, violent acts, murders, robberies, shake downs, civil rights violations, unconstitutional confiscation of property, justified and even God's work?

Great would be tolerance and equality. Just letting people live in peace
Letting them have their individual right as humans and here as americans

Forum List

Back