Christianity and Homosexuality

As many of you know, homosexuality is now "in."

There have been many repeated attacks against Christianity/the religious for following the scriptures that denounce homosexuality.

The thing is, as what it seems from "Modern" Christians, it's no longer cool to listen to those scriptures.

So, what're Christians et al to do?

Do we keep holding onto these scriptures or do you give in and ignore them? Quite a few Christian sects have "turned" and now ignore those scriptures in the NT/OT, and more turnabout will undoubtedly happen in the decades to come.

What does this mean? What could it mean if God disagrees with modern society? Does it stand that, according to Christianity, a lot of people whether religious or not will be screwed, literally, in the afterlife, assuming the Word of God is true?

I don't know.

How do Christians who hold to these scriptures manage/cope with this "change"? How do you even argue your moral case against homosexuality? Does it even matter any more? To those who have even a shread of belief/adherence to the Scriptures, is this a sign of the times to come? Not sure, really.

We're at a crossroads, folks. More and more Christians are being demonized/shunned for even believing the homosexuality is a sin, and more and more, as time goes by, Christians become weaker as the nation becomes more and more decadent. What happens when scriptures on homosexuality begin to disappear off the record? It's not like it'd be a big deal, right, if most churches already ignored them? Who would care about the difference?

These are interesting times. How are Christians to continue on in their belief against homosexuality?

Homosexuality has been "in" since the dawn life from dinosaurs to animals to mankind

It wasn't cool 6 years ago.

Don't know where you lived but around the world I've witnessed it and throughout history I've seen evidence and in nature with more than a thousand species, even back in the Cretaceous Tertiary period.

A few years ago the homosexual population of humans was believed to be less than 1%. Now it appears to be 5%. Something is really off whack. How did the gay population explode in such a short period of time?

I own a gay duck but I was referencing humans.
Who told you that ?

There have been many repeated attacks against Christianity/the religious for following the scriptures that denounce homosexuality.

The thing is, as what it seems from "Modern" Christians, it's no longer cool to listen to those scriptures.

Do we keep holding onto these scriptures or do you give in and ignore them? Quite a few Christian sects have "turned" and now ignore those scriptures in the NT/OT, and more turnabout will undoubtedly happen in the decades to come.

What does this mean? What could it mean if God disagrees with modern society? Does it stand that, according to Christianity, a lot of people whether religious or not will be screwed, literally, in the afterlife, assuming the Word of God is true?

I don't know.

How do Christians who hold to these scriptures manage/cope with this "change"? How do you even argue your moral case against homosexuality? Does it even matter any more? To those who have even a shread of belief/adherence to the Scriptures, is this a sign of the times to come? Not sure, really.

We're at a crossroads, folks. More and more Christians are being demonized/shunned for even believing the homosexuality is a sin, and more and more, as time goes by, Christians become weaker as the nation becomes more and more decadent. What happens when scriptures on homosexuality begin to disappear off the record? It's not like it'd be a big deal, right, if most churches already ignored them? Who would care about the difference?

These are interesting times. How are Christians to continue on in their belief against homosexuality?

Homosexuality has been "in" since the dawn life from dinosaurs to animals to mankind

Don't know where you lived but around the world I've witnessed it and throughout history I've seen evidence and in nature with more than a thousand species, even back in the Cretaceous Tertiary period.

A few years ago the homosexual population of humans was believed to be less than 1%. Now it appears to be 5%. Something is really off whack. How did the gay population explode in such a short period of time?

Who told you that ?

David

Who told you that ?

David

actually science had now proved intersex DNA exists in 1% of the population and they don't even know it
on top of the 1.4 million transgender, 10% that are gay, 1/2000 that are hemaphrodite, 1% that are asexual, etc.

You Could be Intersex and Not Even Realize It

Woman with 95% MALE DNA gives birth to twins in what doctors ...
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Woman-95-MALE-DNA-gives-birth-twins-doctor...
Daily Mail
Feb 9, 2015 - Woman with 95% MALE DNA gives birth to twins in what doctors describe as a ... XY gonadal dysgenesis is a rare intersex condition in which a person has ... Mother of 10-year-old girl found dismembered on her birthday.

sexuality is complex and not just what looks like male or female genitalia at birth

Even the bible understood about those born as eunuch, those not naturally attracted to the opposite sex or identified with their genitalia. Only then surgery was not possible, now we can.

I don't know.

It's not about giving in or denouncing scriptures. The fact is that one person's faith has nothing to do with other people. Christians are told by scripture to love their neighbor, and that everyone is their neighbor, so the ignorant belief that Christians are compelled to hate anyone that doesn't follow their beliefs outright wrong.

There's no crossroads, just ignorance among those who only half read scripture, and those who don't read it at all but pretend they understand it and those that follow it. You seem like the latter.

Who told you that ?

David
Thanks for that. I didnt realise you had a reputable source,

Who told you that ?

David
Thanks for that. I didnt realise you had a reputable source,

Yep. David is a good guy. Anybody with two ears know that there has been an explosion of homosexuals in the last 5 years. David isn't the only one that noticed.

Anybody with two ears know that there has been an explosion of homosexuals in the last 5 years. David isn't the only one that noticed.

It appears to me, in spite of your professed atheism, that you are suffering from a contact high from the smoke of the conflagration of hypocritical Christian morality.

Whats up with the obsessions with other people sexual preferences and your judgement of 'deviant' sexual practices?

Where's all that coming from, my confused friend?

I see nothing about homosexuality when I read Jesus' sermons. Saul the usurper spoke against it and there is some crap in the old testament about it, but those who make an opposition to homosexuality such a big deal are really cherry picking there.

Can anybody HONESTLY say that if they picked up the new testament and started reading it from cover to cover that they would come away with the impression that their opposition to homosexuality is as important as they make it?

if Christians paid one tenth the amount of attention on following Jesus' actual teachings as they do their fear of homosexuality, this world would be a better place, indeed.

Homosexuality is condemned at least six times in the Bible, in both the old and new testaments.

“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”

― Lynn Lavner

Anybody with two ears know that there has been an explosion of homosexuals in the last 5 years. David isn't the only one that noticed.

It appears to me, in spite of your professed atheism, that you are suffering from a contact high from the smoke of the conflagration of hypocritical Christian morality.

Whats up with the obsessions with other people sexual preferences and your judgement of 'deviant' sexual practices?

Define deviant as a mathematical expression.

“The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision.”

― Lynn Lavner

The American Red Cross does not accept blood from homosexual males. The American Red Cross does accept blood from heterosexuals and homosexual women unless that heterosexual or that homosexual woman had sex with a prostitute. It's not that the blood of lesbians and heterosexuals is superior to the blood of homosexual males it's just easier to extract. Their blood just flows faster. It has nothing to do with science whatsoever. It's just a random preference that has nothing to do with science, medicine, religion or statistics. It's totally random and means nothing.

Last edited:

Want to know the truth about the OP? PM me and I will tell you.

I see nothing about homosexuality when I read Jesus' sermons. Saul the usurper spoke against it and there is some crap in the old testament about it, but those who make an opposition to homosexuality such a big deal are really cherry picking there.

Can anybody HONESTLY say that if they picked up the new testament and started reading it from cover to cover that they would come away with the impression that their opposition to homosexuality is as important as they make it?

if Christians paid one tenth the amount of attention on following Jesus' actual teachings as they do their fear of homosexuality, this world would be a better place, indeed.

Homosexuality is condemned at least six times in the Bible, in both the old and new testaments.

Female homosexuality isn't mentioned in the Old Testament at all. It is only mentioned in the New Testament. Oddly enough modern science doesn't view female homosexuality as dangerous either.

Female homosexuality isn't mentioned in the Old Testament at all. It is only mentioned in the New Testament.

Homo is homo....the fact is it's a sin in the Bible, nothing has changed because God's word doesn't "evolve"

Female homosexuality isn't mentioned in the Old Testament at all. It is only mentioned in the New Testament.

Homo is homo....the fact is it's a sin in the Bible, nothing has changed because God's word doesn't "evolve"

The Bible doesn't say, "homo", "homosexual", "gay" or any other common term used today. The Bible is crystal clear on this subject. Much has been written about it. It would be easy to find the commonly referenced scriptures without looking hard. There are no Old Testament texts that condemns, celebrates or is indifferent to female homosexuality. The preaching of men does not equate to scriptural texts. The New Testament condemns female homosexuality extremely harshly. The Old Testament doesn't even address it in any way.

The Bible doesn't say, "homo", "homosexual", "gay" or any other common term used today. The Bible is crystal clear on this subject. Much has been written about it. It would be easy to find the commonly referenced scriptures without looking hard. There are no Old Testament texts that condemns, celebrates or is indifferent to female homosexuality. The preaching of men does not equate to scriptural texts. The New Testament condemns female homosexuality extremely harshly. The Old Testament doesn't even address it in any way.

It's still a sin.

The bible is nothing more than a compilation of mythological fairy tales for the simpleminded.

The only people who focus on homosexuality are the perverted individuals who presume to tell Christians what they should believe about the sin of adultery.

Define deviant as a mathematical expression.

Uh, no.

I know what deviant means as a mathematical expression. I also know that sanity could appear deviant to the perverted when the majority have gone insane.

Forum List

Back