Christianity is NOT a religion.

• Banned
WTF dude? I'm not going to read a 169 page book!
I think what you really mean is that you wish to remain ignorant. So be it. You don't have to read it all at once, BTW. Save it and read it when you have some spare time. How hard is that?

WTF dude? I'm not going to read a 169 page book!
I think what you really mean is that you wish to remain ignorant. So be it. You don't have to read it all at once, BTW. Save it and read it when you have some spare time. How hard is that?
Or, you could give everyone a brief synopsis on why the author says Christianity is not a religion.

It's a belief system
But there are religions that practice it

Many people believe that religion and Christianity are synonymous. Nothing could be further from the truth. Read on, to learn why.

Not being a xtian, why would this matter to me?

I've heard certain types of Christians claim they were not "religious" and that what they were doing had nothing to do with "religion."

What is that about?

Funny thing about Christianity, is that different varieties of it have their own unique interpretation of the same book that the others use.

Ever seen a Northern and Southern Baptist go at it? I have. They use the same book, but interpret the words differently.

And, lets not even talk about the differences between Catholics and Protestants.

I've heard certain types of Christians claim they were not "religious" and that what they were doing had nothing to do with "religion."

What is that about?
Religions involve rituals and stuff that try to curry favor of a supreme being. Christianity, unless you're Catholic, involves none of that. Christianity is simply acknowledging the fact that you are a sinner and asking God to forgive you. That's it.

Many people believe that religion and Christianity are synonymous. Nothing could be further from the truth. Read on, to learn why.

http://www.ntslibrary.com/PDF Books/Christiantynotrel.pdf
Christianity was turned into a religion by the government at the time to keep people under control and in the dark

Actually, you're right. When the Romans sacked Jerusalem and saw the power in the Torah, they took it for themselves, mixed in some pagan beliefs to make it more palatable to the locals, and used it to put themselves into power.

http://www.ntslibrary.com/PDF Books/Christiantynotrel.pdf
Christianity was turned into a religion by the government at the time to keep people under control and in the dark

Actually, you're right. When the Romans sacked Jerusalem and saw the power in the Torah, they took it for themselves, mixed in some pagan beliefs to make it more palatable to the locals, and used it to put themselves into power.

They were already in power.

Forum List

Back