Christianity more dangerous than Atheism.

An Atheist would want you to die and that's it, some think reincarnation; if your an Atheist, the Christian expects you to die, then live forever in suffering in their hell. Is not it obvious who is more dangerous?

The Atheist view of death ; we die and its over.

The Christian view ; we die and live in their suffering hell alive forever in pain.

Its academic which one is worse.

Almost 300 posts so I haven't read the whole thread but --

All god based religions are dangerous. The names of the gods change and some of the details are different but they all say the same thing. And their adherents all say the same thing.

There's only one god.
My way is the only way.
I'm better than you.
You will be punished if you don't believe in my god.

The Christian view ; we die and live in their suffering hell alive forever in pain.

We hear from the christians that they hate ISIS for burning people alive. There's not doubt that's beyond horrifying to even think about. But, that terror and pain is over very quickly. According to christians, their "merciful" god requires you to fall on your knees and ask him not to burn you alive for all of eternity.

Which of those choices is worse?

A relatively quick, though cruel and barbaric death?
Or burning alive forever and ever and ever and ever and ever for all of eternity?

About 600 were killed in the inquisition.
And I'm talking about today, not 600 years ago.

Christians killed a lot of Blacks in America 150 years ago, care to talk about that?
They were all mostly Christians?

William Wilberforce ended slavery for much of the world, and he did it based upon his faith.

Slavery exists today promoted by atheists and Islam.

The most insane slavery that I am aware of in life , is the Christian doctrine of enslaving unbelieving sinners in a place called hell and punish them for an eternity. Nothing Atheism or Islam promotes can be worse than that insanity;

hello!
So now that it's clear with your support of Athiesm and Islam that your only opposition is not to slavery but to God , now we can discuss your real point.

Why do you hate God?

I hate the Christian view of God.
I hate limited salvation , this unholy teaching that not everyone will be saved.
I hate the splitting of God into three beings instead of the one God he is.
I hate the burden of tithing placed on believers who are tricked into believing its a command from God.
I hate that Christmas and Easter are taught to be holy days of God , when they are pagan holidays.
I hate that Christians teach they wrote the bible, when they did not.

There were no "christians" at the time the bible was written and Jesus himself wasn't christian. He was Jewish.

14184478_837019043101194_4725454148634985492_n.jpg

You are in error about what the Christian view is.

Well I stand ready to be corrected ; explain where I am wrong?

Christianity is made up of many sects. Some outspoken sects maintain all non-Christians (and some of these sects include Catholic and Orthodox as non-Christian) will burn in hell. However the majority of Christianity teaches that non-Christians (including non-believers) are entrusted to the mercy and saving power of God. Paul said something interesting in Romans: That while believers are judged by the mercy of God, non-believers are judged by their own hearts. Often we are much harder on ourselves than is anyone else.

Well I stand ready to be corrected ; explain where I am wrong?

Christianity is made up of many sects. Some outspoken sects maintain all non-Christians (and some of these sects include Catholic and Orthodox as non-Christian) will burn in hell. However the majority of Christianity teaches that non-Christians (including non-believers) are entrusted to the mercy and saving power of God. Paul said something interesting in Romans: That while believers are judged by the mercy of God, non-believers are judged by their own hearts. Often we are much harder on ourselves than is anyone else.

I disagree , Catholics are Christians, they were among the first in history. I think some sects in Christianity have moved away from hell, because knowledge is increasing. But most of them still teach condemnation and a limited salvation.

I disagree , Catholics are Christians, they were among the first in history. I think some sects in Christianity have moved away from hell, because knowledge is increasing. But most of them still teach condemnation and a limited salvation.

Of course Catholics are Christians! So are Orthodox. Together, this makes up the majority of Christians. Catholicism teaches there is a hell--but we do not know who, if anyone, is in hell. There is no reason to believe a lack of belief in the Christian faith automatically consigns one to hell. Scripture tells us God alone judges the heart.

Of course Catholics are Christians! So are Orthodox. Together, this makes up the majority of Christians. Catholicism teaches there is a hell--but we do not know who, if anyone, is in hell. There is no reason to believe a lack of belief in the Christian faith automatically consigns one to hell. Scripture tells us God alone judges the heart.

I wish all Christians thought as you do;
in reality they do not.

If you don't know that, how could you possibly presume to teach anyone about anything?

1. Jesus speaks of hell, a place originally designated for angels who turned from God and evil men will find hell is their destiny as well.
2. God, not any human, judges each heart. God is just and merciful. God has not informed anyone who is in hell.

What more is there to teach?

in reality they do not.

My grandfather was an atheist, so at a young age I did some investigating. Also a priest asked me these questions: Do you love your grandfather? Do you imagine you can love your grandfather better than God, who is love? I was taught that what the Church can do is teach everyone it can reach a sure way to heaven and into God's kingdom. Some people, for whatever reasons, the Church cannot reach, but just because the Church cannot work with a person does not mean that the Holy Spirit isn't working within that person. What is impossible for the Church is not impossible with God.

Final answer: Because my Grandfather was an atheist, the Church cannot guarantee he is with God, but on the other hand, the Church very much trusts in the love, mercy--and justice--of God. Plus, God does not inform the Church who is in hell, and who isn't.

in reality they do not.

My grandfather was an atheist, so at a young age I did some investigating. Also a priest asked me these questions: Do you love your grandfather? Do you imagine you can love your grandfather better than God, who is love? I was taught that what the Church can do is teach everyone it can reach a sure way to heaven and into God's kingdom. Some people, for whatever reasons, the Church cannot reach, but just because the Church cannot work with a person does not mean that the Holy Spirit isn't working within that person. What is impossible for the Church is not impossible with God.

Final answer: Because my Grandfather was an atheist, the Church cannot guarantee he is with God, but on the other hand, the Church very much trusts in the love, mercy--and justice--of God. Plus, God does not inform the Church who is in hell, and who isn't.

Hell is simply the grave

Hell is simply the grave

I see it differently because I see life continuing beyond the grave. I believe each chooses the life they want for eternity: A life with God (which we call heaven) or a life without God (which we call hell). I do think hell fire is a metaphor, but paints a picture of what a life without God is like. I don't see hell so much a punishment as an alternate way of living for those who cannot stand living in the presence of God.

If you don't know that, how could you possibly presume to teach anyone about anything?

1. Jesus speaks of hell, a place originally designated for angels who turned from God and evil men will find hell is their destiny as well.
2. God, not any human, judges each heart. God is just and merciful. God has not informed anyone who is in hell.

What more is there to teach?

If you don't know the difference between heaven and hell you probably shouldn't be talking about such things as Gods representative. I heard that he could get a little testy with people who speak falsely in his name.

Whats more to teach? How about how to avoid it?

How about teaching that anyone who sets aside the law of God and worships the lifeless work of human hands will die in the very day that they do it and will immediately descend into the netherworld where they will remain tormented day and night by confusion until they have paid the very last farthing.

Isn't it sad that the ones already hell's keeping are usually the last to know, if ever?

If you don't know the difference between heaven and hell you probably shouldn't be talking about such things as Gods representative. I heard that he could get a little testy with people who speak falsely in his name.

Whats more to teach? How about how to avoid it?

How about teaching that anyone who sets aside the law of God and worships the lifeless work of human hands will die in the very day that they do it and will immediately descend into the netherworld where they will remain tormented day and night by confusion until they have paid the very last farthing.

Isn't it sad that the ones already hell's keeping are usually the last to know, if ever?

hobelim, re-read your post and then look into the mirror.

Forum List

Back