Christianity more dangerous than Atheism.

So you admit that in this world, you're always wrong. Very good.
I'm not sure how you made that leap in logic but I would have expected no less from you to do so.
You think you're right about god... but yet you say everything is backwards in this world, which means that in this world, being backwards, you know that you're wrong. :lmao:
Laughing leads to crying.
We noticed that you couldn't disagree with what I said. :cool:
You would have to go back two posts to see where you put words into my mouth to understand the error you made. Your disingenuous is off the chart.
You still didn't disagree with me. Good.

I'm not sure how you made that leap in logic but I would have expected no less from you to do so.
You think you're right about god... but yet you say everything is backwards in this world, which means that in this world, being backwards, you know that you're wrong. :lmao:
You would have to go back two posts to see where you put words into my mouth to understand the error you made. Your disingenuous is off the chart.
Only you could see it that way.

Again you had a chance to disagree with me but you chose not to.

But I did.

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J Borstin -

Conservative media exists to inculcate as many conservatives as possible with the 'illusion of knowledge". This is how a large portion of conservatives believe the fake news that is thrown out by various entities. They have been conditioned over the last two decades to believe the unbelievable and to accept up as down and down as up.

They've basically been reduced to Pavlovian People. Original thought has been displaced with emotional reaction.
So all I have to do to change this is register as a Democrat?

Go away, put together a coherent thought, come back. No mystery why you missed the point. And don't worry no one expects you to get it on your next try or the try after that.

Enjoy the bubble bubbleboy.
I didn't miss anything. I exposed your bias using humor. Apparently, you don't have much of a sense of humor.

What bias needed exposing? It was in plain view and spelled out in detail. You're one who sees it raining outside and tells everyone it's raining outside.

And you expect a cookie for it. Try to catch up junior, you are three moves behind. Nah, you won't get any smarter in the next hour so just go watch the rain skippy.
It seems I have struck a nerve.

You are self deluding again. A common malady of conservatives who can't respond with anything other than "well, you're a poopy-face".

You are chidren pretending to be adults.

You are self deluding again. A common malady of conservatives who can't respond with anything other than "well, you're a poopy-face".

lol...

And they're not even trying very hard ....

Like little children playing in the market while grownups are going about the business of living...

So all I have to do to change this is register as a Democrat?

Go away, put together a coherent thought, come back. No mystery why you missed the point. And don't worry no one expects you to get it on your next try or the try after that.

Enjoy the bubble bubbleboy.
I didn't miss anything. I exposed your bias using humor. Apparently, you don't have much of a sense of humor.

What bias needed exposing? It was in plain view and spelled out in detail. You're one who sees it raining outside and tells everyone it's raining outside.

And you expect a cookie for it. Try to catch up junior, you are three moves behind. Nah, you won't get any smarter in the next hour so just go watch the rain skippy.
It seems I have struck a nerve.

So if I register as a Democrat I will be intelligent like you? Accountants have a saying. If you are young and are not a Democrat, you have no heart. If you are old and not a Republican, you are not smart. I let you figure out what that means.

lol...

Like little children playing in the market while grownups are going about the business of living...

The thing is they don't recognize their own ignorance. I feel sorry for them but what you going to do?

The OP notes Christianity more dangerous than atheism, I submit all religion is dangerous. It gives any 'believer' absolute authority over other humans because their god, by definition, is far above humans. So whatever they do in 'his/her name' is wholly sanctified. They need no other confirmation. You see this in their bumper stickers "god said it, I believe it, that settles it". For them it does. Whatever contrary viewpoint you have is, again by definition, wrong.

Atheists rely on reason. And though they are not perfect as no human is, most tend to be educated and rational.

They need no other confirmation.

Confirmation comes in a variety of ways. Virtue is the greatest organizing principle. When people behave virtuously, predictable success will NATURALLY follow. When people behave without virtue, predictable failures will NATURALLY occur. How is this not nature confirming our behaviors? Do you really believe that if there is Creator, He would not leave a way for us to figure out the difference between right and wrong?

Man is born with the ability to know right from wrong and when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept, he rationalizes that he did not violate it. Men don't do evil for evil's sake, they do evil for the sake of their own good. So from this we can know that man prefers good over evil.

So getting back to the concept of confirmation, how can we know if we are truly doing good or doing evil and rationalizing that we are doing good? The answer is simple... outcomes. Moral laws are not like physical laws. When you violate a physical law, the consequence is immediate. Not so for moral laws. The consequence of violating a moral law is not usually immediate, but since error cannot stand it will eventually fail. And when it does, if we are honest and paying attention we will come to know the error of our way and repent (i.e. transform). Thus evolving our consciousness (i.e. growing as human beings) and continuing our march towards the next leap in the evolution of matter.

So whatever they do in 'his/her name' is wholly sanctified.

It is easier for you to construct a logical fallacy straw-man than it is for you to have reasonable arguments. You mock what you do not understand.

You're one that has a very hard time following logic. You have a tattered grab bag of terms like 'fallacy' that you don't understand but you feel good using them. You rely on dogma and illogic supported by lack of evidence and poor grasp of the meaning of words.

Its easy to see which mindset is attracted to organised religion. The one that needs an 'all knowing all powerful' being to tell them what to do and crush their enemies. Because having to live in reality requires being personally responsible for all of your life.

The OP notes Christianity more dangerous than atheism

History tells us that militant atheism is more dangerous than Christianity.

The Khmer Rouge abolished all religion and dispersed minority groups, forbidding them to speak their languages or to practice their customs. These policies had been implemented in less severe forms for many years prior to the Khmer Rouge's taking power.

Last edited:
Atheists rely on reason. And though they are not perfect as no human is, most tend to be educated and rational.

Atheism is based om materialism, primitive instincts, the deification of man and has no no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure. They practice moral relativity, indiscriminate indiscriminateness, multiculturalism, cultural Marxism and normalization of deviance. They worship science but are the first to reject it when it suits their purposes.

Last edited:
So whatever they do in 'his/her name' is wholly sanctified.

It is easier for you to construct a logical fallacy straw-man than it is for you to have reasonable arguments. You mock what you do not understand.

You're one that has a very hard time following logic. You have a tattered grab bag of terms like 'fallacy' that you don't understand but you feel good using them. You rely on dogma and illogic supported by lack of evidence and poor grasp of the meaning of words.

Its easy to see which mindset is attracted to organised religion. The one that needs an 'all knowing all powerful' being to tell them what to do and crush their enemies. Because having to live in reality requires being personally responsible for all of your life.
Christianity promotes the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness, humility, chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience and kindness. Christianity is responsible for the creation of wonderful charities and organizations which serve the betterment of man. Christians and Christian institutions are usually the first source of literacy, education, and healthcare in the poorer regions.Christians and Christian institutions have been the source of abundant human services from hospitals, orphanages, nursing homes, and schools, to advocacy on behalf of those with no voice, to supporting cultural outreaches, and seeking always to find ways in which to protect and promote human life and its authentic flourishing. Christianity gave us the concept of subsidiarity and has done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility Christianity teaches accountability and responsibility. Christianity teaches that we have a choice in how we behave and that actions have consequences. Christianity inspires a sense of wonder in nature and the universe and helps us feel connected to one another and to nature through regular community gatherings. Christianity helps us feel less alone in the world by binding the community together. Christianity serves to ennoble the human spirit and inspires love, peace and happiness. Christianity brings order to our lives by promoting the virtues of thankfulness, forgiveness and humility. Christianity brings comfort to the terminally ill and can act as a source of hope for the oppressed. Christianity teaches that we can transform ourselves. That it is possible to change for the better. Christian values were the foundation which Western Civilization was built upon. No other institution played a greater role in shaping Western Civilization than the Catholic Church. Modern science was born in the Catholic Church. Catholic priests developed the idea of free-market. The Catholic Church invented the university. Western law grew out of Church canon law. The Church humanized the West by insisting on the sacredness of all human life. The Church constantly sought to alleviate the evils of slavery and repeatedly denounced the mass enslavement of conquered populations and the infamous slave trade, thereby undermining slavery at its sources. Religion gave us great thinkers, leaders and humanitarians. Christianity gave us America. Christianity gave us incredible artwork, music and architecture. Christianity has spread democracy throughout the world. Christians fought other Christians in WWII to end their aggression and rebuilt Europe and Japan after WWII. Christians put a man on the moon and ended the cold war.

lol...

The thing is they don't recognize their own ignorance. I feel sorry for them but what you going to do?

The OP notes Christianity more dangerous than atheism, I submit all religion is dangerous. It gives any 'believer' absolute authority over other humans because their god, by definition, is far above humans. So whatever they do in 'his/her name' is wholly sanctified. They need no other confirmation. You see this in their bumper stickers "god said it, I believe it, that settles it". For them it does. Whatever contrary viewpoint you have is, again by definition, wrong.

My question is, if a person can't tell the difference between a book of children's fairy tales and a historical document are they even equipped to discern between true and false or what is the right or wrong course to take in any issue that might come up in pubic office given they got something so important so wrong, especially if they fall to their knees and pray to a figment of their unrestrained imagination for help and guidance during times of trouble instead of using reason and an intelligent thinking based on facts?

Could they ever be trusted to act responsibly in the interest of the public good or are they bound by their religious affiliation and irrational beliefs to promote their religious agenda by enacting unjust laws that reflect their perverted view of the world?

I know that it was firmly established that there should be no religious test for a person to hold public office but can't they be tested for sanity?

Shouldn't they be?

Can you imagine how screwed up the country would get if religious fanatics who are incapable of honesty, critical thinking, and objective reasoning usurped places of authority in government?

Can you imagine what would happen if every cop on the beat believed that everyone who did not share their perverted religious views about Jesus was evil?

An idiot would be elected, millions of unbelievers would be marginalized and millions more would be criminalized and thrown in prison, in the name of the Lord of course.

Last edited:
But I did.
Now you just did.

Too late. :D

But I did.
Now you just did.

I'm not going to quibble with you. Everyone knows about you. They know what you do. There is plenty of record.

But I did.
Now you just did.

I'm not going to quibble with you. Everyone knows about you. They know what you do. There is plenty of record.
But you are quibbling, just read your last post. QUIBBLE ON! :biggrin:

But I did.
Now you just did.

Everyone does know about you. They know you are a liar, a racist and an atheist masquerading as an agnostic.

But I did.
Now you just did.

Everyone does know about you. They know you are a liar, a racist and an atheist masquerading as an agnostic.
qyibblequibblequibble... :lol:

Forum List

Back