Christians Have an Obligation to Support the President

I take the high road. No votes for either major party. Neither can claim Christian principles. They simply want the power and $. I do not agree with either so called platform.

It's God's will.

<< American evangelicals “have a moral obligation to enthusiastically back” the president. >>

‘Render to God and Trump’: Ralph Reed calls for 2020 obedience to Trump
This is what’s wrong with religion. If you’ll believe the unbelievable then you clearly can be lied to.

Blind loyalty

"In his book, Reed will “persuasively” argue evangelicals have a duty to defend the incumbent Republican leader against “the stridently anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, and pro-abortion agenda of the progressive left,” according to the description."

Sounds like he is attempting to make the case for his opinion.

Nothing unreasonable about that. I don't see where you get off calling it a lie.

It is funny, that you attack the very idea of religion, putting down religious people in the process, and then assume that the only reason that religious people could oppose you, is because they are lied to.
Democrats are not anti-christian or anti-Semitic, brainwashed functional morons. They do believe in separation of church and state and not in blind allegiance to right-wing a****** Israelis like netanyahu and Sharon.

Sealy already admitted to being anti-Christianity.

SO, you lose.
Who? As if that proves anything.

There's lots of Christian's who vote Democrat. Here comes the they aren't real Christian idiots.

As a lifelong Christian I cannot vote for either major party. My Christian roots do not permit it. As far as morals or ethics go, neither party can claim either one of those.
Wrong again, brain-washed functional moron. The GOP is the swamp and only propaganda makes this crap possible.

I take the high road. No votes for either major party. Neither can claim Christian principles. They simply want the power and $. I do not agree with either so called platform.
I believe that is because you are misinformed directly or indirectly by the GOP. what is so horrible about a living wage taxing the rich their fair share healthcare for everyone, good infrastructure and vacations cheap college and training?

It's God's will.

<< American evangelicals “have a moral obligation to enthusiastically back” the president. >>

This is what’s wrong with religion. If you’ll believe the unbelievable then you clearly can be lied to.

Blind loyalty

"In his book, Reed will “persuasively” argue evangelicals have a duty to defend the incumbent Republican leader against “the stridently anti-Christian, anti-Semitic, and pro-abortion agenda of the progressive left,” according to the description."

Nothing unreasonable about that. I don't see where you get off calling it a lie.

It is funny, that you attack the very idea of religion, putting down religious people in the process, and then assume that the only reason that religious people could oppose you, is because they are lied to.

Any minister who tells his flock to vote for a certain candidate as “God’s will” should be defrocked and his church should lose its tax exempt status.

This is the very reason why the Founders insisted on a separation of church and state. So that governance and laws weren’t based on one religion over another, and so that church leaders couldn’t become politically powerful -like the Pope.

Jesus was very clear that religious leaders should stay out of politics too.

Christians Have an Obligation to Support the President

No, they don't. True Christians had better cut their losses and rethink their religion.

hqdefault.jpg

Blind loyalty

Are you saying republicans want to ban abortion?

Then you are pro choice too.

I said nothing about abortion.

Like most liberals, you have nothing but contempt for white religious Christians. And you oppose them all nearly ever political issue.

Yet, you have to imagine self serving reasons why the people you denigrate and oppose, would organize against you and yours.

How can you be so narrow minded, that you have attack people who disagree with you, for opposing you politically?

What a dumb comment. There are many people whom you define as "liberals," whatever this actually means, who are themselves white religious Christians who have different political views. BTW: why the mention of race? Christians come in many colors. What's your racial angle?

1. THe hypocrisy of liberals, saying the most contempt filled hate filled things about Christians one day, and then next embracing other Christians is a very point. But one that does not challenge my statement about the shit you libs say and do about Christians.

2. It is not "my racial angle". lt is merely me observing that liberals treat black Christians differently than they treat white Christians. Again, if you read the hate filled contempt that liberals express about Christians, and then see them embrace black Christians, it is quite obvious that liberals are complete hypocrites, if not soulless monsters.

Your intermingling of political terminology ("liberal") with religious terminology ("Christian") is quite confusing. Christians are all over the political spectrum, so many of these "liberals" are Christian believers themselves. It comes down to Christians criticizing other Christians.

Unfortunately, there are those who try to put a Christian stamp on their hatred of others for political reasons, as if Jesus has anything to do with it, and obliterate the teaching of Jesus while retaining use of his brand name. They disgrace the Christian faith. Black Christians seem to produce exponentially less of this type of imbecile.

It's God's will.

Blind loyalty
Right. Like God has a "chosen people" or that this chunk of dirt here is the "promised land", but not that chunk of dirt.

I was thinking about it this morning. Christianity is such a crock of shit. It might be the best religion in the world but it's still just another religion. Same as Capitalism. It's just another ISM. If Christianity were a fact, or a universal truth, the Chinese, Arab, Indian, Jewish and African countries would all accept it as such. But they don't. That means it's not the truth. It's the lie we tell on this side of the world. And don't tell me there are lots of people in those countries converting to Christianity. That doesn't mean shit. The fact is, if Christianity were the truth, all the Chinese in China and all the Japanese in Japan would be Christians. They are not because the story isn't one that a rational person would buy into. You have to be brainwashed to buy the Christians stories. People in other parts of the world realize Christianity is just another ancient religion from one particular part of the world.

Same way the Chinese didn't buy into the Greek Gods back when the Greeks were making stories up about Zeuss and Hera and Uripidees.

And based on what we are seeing with Christians being conned into voting GOP because of Religion, this is why I attack religion. It's just a lie used to control and manipulate people. It may make those idiots feel better about themselves but that doesn't make it right.
Religion is no more a lie than science is a lie. Priests can be in error, of course, just as scientists can, but religion and science (and art) are just different milieux in which humans express their rationality in relation to different aspects of the world.

Just goes to show you what phonies religious folk are . Following a godless , man whore , womanizing , greedy , lying , boorish , con man like Trump is God’s will?!
They follow that guy from the 700 club why not trump?

Religion makes people dumb and controllable of course trumps tapping into that.
Exactly. Like when in 2016 the Jerusalem Post editorialized that "no Jew in good conscience " could support Trump.

It is hard for Jews to see Trump alienate one group of people and then support him. They remember that's what Hitler did to them. He convinced the German people that the Jews were to blame. Sound familiar? Trump said muslims and mexicans are bad and I'm sure he thinks blacks are bad too.
No, the reason cited was that Trump supported an immigration policy that wasn't crafted for the benefit of the Jews. By the way, as you well know, it is a lie to say Trump said Muslims and Mexicans are bad. What is it about Jews and lying? And you have no idea whether Trump thinks blacks are bad. What is it about Jews and projecting?

It is completely relevant. You liberals have nothing but contempt for Christians, (other than those that support you) and not only oppose them on nearly all issues, but regularly attempt to marginalize them in society and drive them from the political process. AND then you are shocked and surprised, and pretend that it is somehow illegitimate for them to organize and oppose you.
Don't try to make this about me. I was pointing out that an evangelical icon has signalled his willingness to leave the Trump train. Secondly, you don't know me. Saying I have contempt for Christians is just a sad attempt to defend the indefensible.
My point stands. You liberals have nothing but contempt for Christians, and oppose them on nearly all issues of substance,and then act as though it is beyond the pale that Christians would organize AGAINST you. There should be a term, for maximum narrow mindedness, so we could call you that.
You have no point. You don't know me and are just a prejudiced person who thinks all liberals are the same. How Christian of you! I think you really don't have a clue what the word means.
Got it. YOu are confused about the concept of speaking of groups, generally. Ironically, this is common failure of the liberal mind. Generalization, is basic stepping stone of early child development. THe child does not have to touch every fire to know that all fires are hot. The child knows that generally fire is hot. Liberals, somehow lose this.
You were the one generalizing, as if you know all liberals.. There are many liberal Christians. You obviously don't know what irony means, because your latest post is a prime example of it.

Correct. I am generalizing.

Generalizing does NOT mean that I pretend to know every individual member of a general group.

Yes, there are exceptions to generalizations. Most people learn that in the toddler stage of development. Doges are nice. But some dogs are not nice. Dont' pet until you ask the owner. ANy of this ringing a bell?

Generally speaking, liberals are anti-Christian bigots.

And they are so narrow minded, that they can't even respect that people they hate, and actively oppose on nearly everything, organize and push back.

Forum List

Back