Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,

An editor for The Washington Post's religion section claimed that Christians were behind the majority of nasty and vile feedback she had received throughout her career in an op-ed Thursday. :eusa_whistle:

Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,' Says Washington Post Religion Reporter
gullible_test.jpg

An editor for The Washington Post's religion section claimed that Christians were behind the majority of nasty and vile feedback she had received throughout her career in an op-ed Thursday. :eusa_whistle:

Christians Responsible for Most 'Hateful Internet Speech,' Says Washington Post Religion Reporter

Makes sense. Religion seems to turn most people into confused hypocrites. How you can take a message like peace, love, and tolerance and turn it into some of vilest atrocities on the planet has always baffled me.

Its certainly true here.

And its the christians here who want the refugee kids sent back to be killed, sold into sexual slavery and kept away from their families.

I wonder if its always been so? And, is it mostly fundies or does this hatred come from mainstream religions as well?

Reality check.

78% of Americans identify themselves as Christian.

This may have more to do with it than the religion itself...you think?

I dont think it specified America but I was thinking the same thing. Christianity and Islam are the 2 biggest religions in the world. The article made no mention of Muslims.

Jews, Muslims, Hindus and Buddhists never targeted Quinn, she asserted, noting that the only other group that had targeted her in such a manner had been atheists, whom she characterized as "contemptuous, insulting and condescending."

Last edited:
Excellent.

They can start by hating 'guno'.

I mean, after all, what's not to hate?

Its certainly true here.

And its the christians here who want the refugee kids sent back to be killed, sold into sexual slavery and kept away from their families.

I wonder if its always been so? And, is it mostly fundies or does this hatred come from mainstream religions as well?

One internet source that states the most vile emails come from Christians is:
1. Subjective,
2. An assertion that cannot be proven, those sending the emails may or not be Christian,
3. An isolated sample.

Thus, nothing to back up the OP except limited, questionable evidence.

As for the final claim, I am of the Christian faith, and want none of the things listed. Ascribing arguments and beliefs so that one can attack them is not debate, merely rants and raves.

Well if we go by what we read here- the majority of us could put any satanist to shame with our potty mouths so while I think Christians can be lewd, I'd have to give the blue ribbon to partisans.

Reality check.

Christian is a generic term, The 78% you cite is as diverse as is the population throughout the US. Some are crazy - they post on this forum as conservatives; others actually believe in the word of Christ, and those are called Commies by the crazy ones.

Its certainly true here.

1. Subjective,
2. An assertion that cannot be proven, those sending the emails may or not be Christian,
3. An isolated sample.

As for the final claim, I am of the Christian faith, and want none of the things listed. Ascribing arguments and beliefs so that one can attack them is not debate, merely rants and raves.

I agree that this is anything but a scientific sampling but it didn't state that all christians are haters.

Nor did I, although it does seem that Internet message boards have become a microcosm view of our society.

I'm sure there are atheist hate groups as well.

Reality check.

Christian is a generic term, The 78% you cite is as diverse as is the population throughout the US. Some are crazy - they post on this forum as conservatives; others actually believe in the word of Christ, and those are called Commies by the crazy ones.

But the worst are ...

jesus_liberal_zps9a677905.jpg

Its certainly true here.

...and it's Christians who are breaking the law to set up sanctuary churches...:eusa_shhh:

Reality check.

I didn't realize Ropey gave you permission to use his video for your avie, Coyote. :D

Reality check.

I didn't realize Ropey gave you permission to use his video for your avie, Coyote. :D

ahh....but it's mine ;) :D

Its certainly true here.

1. Subjective,
3. An isolated sample.

I agree that this is anything but a scientific sampling but it didn't state that all christians are haters.

Nor did I, although it does seem that Internet message boards have become a microcosm view of our society.

I'm sure there are atheist hate groups as well.

There is always the Democrat party .

Its certainly true here.

It is the idiots that believe that shit is going to actually happen.

Forum List

Back