Christie endorses Trump

It's a big deal, no doubt about it. Christie is definitely in the establishment camp.

However, it was noted prior that the two were friends, and Christie rarely went after Trump.

He could also be angling for a place as VP.

Makes you wonder if Trump can convince the GOP that he's the right guy.
And not for political expediency,I mean really believe it.

The establishment declares Rubio and Cruz beat up Trump and Trump picks up a key endorsement, hilarious :laugh:

Of course Christie endorsed Trump. Why would he endorse anyone else? At this point, the writing is on the wall; Trump will be the nominee. From Christie's perspective, if Trump wins, maybe he is picked to be AG, and he still has an opening to run once Trump is gone. If Trump loses, then Christie gets another shot in 2020 along with anyone else who chooses to run. If Trump loses, he will not run again. This is a one time shot for him. Christie would be crazy to endorse Rubio or Cruz, whom he might find himself running against again in four years. This was just a logical self-serving endorsement.

I seem to remember liberals being kind to donut boy.
Pretty sure that'll all get thrown out the window now.:biggrin:

We love that the Christie is giving Trump his support.......we want Trump to win the nomination....where did you get an idea that we liked Christie.....remember Bridgegate?

It was Republicans that didn't like Christie because he sucked up to Obama.....so, why are you happy about Christie's endorsement?

Who is "we"?

Might be VP. Trump respects him. Christie's a bulldog like Trump. He doesn't take any shit. Trump could be leaning towards choosing him.

We love that the Christie is giving Trump his support.......we want Trump to win the nomination....where did you get an idea that we liked Christie.....remember Bridgegate?

It was Republicans that didn't like Christie because he sucked up to Obama.....so, why are you happy about Christie's endorsement?

Read the whole thread...I explained my position.

I have to admit I am surprised. I thought Christie would endorse Kasich.

You're surprised, I'm a little shocked. On the surface the two seem to make strange ideological bedfellows. Maybe it's some confirmation of the theory I've floated off and on for a while now. Trump may be a lot more liberal than the act he's delivering for the R's. Christie knows him well, maybe he gets this semi-secret about Trump, I don't know - I'm just blowhardin' here. But Christie was the most liberal of the original 16 or 17 wasn't he? Anyway I'm starting to get a little worried, you guys might just end up with a President Trump. And no matter how liberal he is he's still a Republican.

It couldn't just be his anger at Rubio for stuff like this, "... he expressed his anger Friday at Senator Marco Rubio, who he [Christie] was said to be upset with, blaming the “super PAC” backing the Florida senator for halting his momentum in New Hampshire with a string of slash-and-burn ads" could it? Rubio did attack him viciously in a few of the debates though also. If that's the trigger, sheese, he might have personally shut that bridge down after all. One thing about Trump, the next surprise is always right around the corner.

I shouldn't have to read the whole thread....the post I responded to indicated that we would no longer be kind to donut boy because he endorsed Trump.....wrong on both counts....Libs never did care much for Christie, and we sure don't think his endorsement is going to give Trump extra points, especially since many Republicans used to dis Christie....however, you cons are known for flip-flopping about a lot, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Who is "we"?

Me and my Liberal friends. Who are you?

I shouldn't have to read the whole thread....the post I responded to indicated that we would no longer be kind to donut boy because he endorsed Trump.....wrong on both counts....Libs never did care much for Christie, and we sure don't think his endorsement is going to give Trump extra points, especially since many Republicans used to dis Christie....however, you cons are known for flip-flopping about a lot, so it wouldn't surprise me.

So you admit to flapping your lips without knowing the facts.
How liberal of you.

It's a big deal, no doubt about it. Christie is definitely in the establishment camp.

However, it was noted prior that the two were friends, and Christie rarely went after Trump.

A Trump/Christie ticket would bring a quip/insult hourly!

A Trump/Christie ticket would bring a quip/insult hourly!

Wasnt really talking about Christie so much as the rest of the RINOs.

Chris Christie is endorsing Trump. I guess it's safe to assume this was Trumps big news.

LOL, this is amazzzzzzzzing. The mighty establishment just got given a HUUUUUUUUUGEEEE problem!

In the short term, it's not huge.........it's Yuuge!........Trumps' timing is impeccable as Rubio, whom just grew lil' hairs on his lil' balls in the debate yesterday, is now driving a car with four flat tires..........great stuff!..............:laugh::laugh::laugh:.

The establishment declares Rubio and Cruz beat up Trump and Trump picks up a key endorsement, hilarious :laugh:
You call Christie a key endorsement? Birds of a feather.....

It is key for now! Guess you forgot about the New Hampshire debate where Christie gave Rubio a waxxing with a Ginsu knife......:tomato:. Manic-speaking Rubio is now trying to make up for lost time since the 10th, yes 10th debate, last night, also with the help of Romney and the RINO establishment. Great stuff, this is, great stuff!!!

Forum List

Back