🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Circumventing the electoral college won't prevent Trump from winning in 2020...

The National Popular Vote bill has been enacted by 15 jurisdictions possessing 189 electoral votes, including 5 small jurisdictions (RI, VT, HI, DC, DE), 6 medium- size states (MD, MA, NM, WA, CT, CO), and four big states (NJ, IL, NY, CA).
Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

How stupid are these small and medium sized states?

Trump knows the realities of election. He wrote off Calif/NY ...but will not if the above becomes relevant.

So if the electoral college is not relevant in 2020 don't you suppose Trump's experience in advertising would have him then concentrating in the most populous states?

Go on ahead... He fucking hated in New York and despised in California...

He is also down on the polls to Biden in Texas... Yes Texas...

Tell us about the polls that showed Hillary winning!

Another thread by the right on not understanding the national popular vote compact, the earliest it could go into effect and what the constitution even says about how stays may appropriate their EC votes.
So you are cool with Trump getting 503 electoral votes?

Are you gonna cry like a bitch "Not My President" when the score is 503 to 28 and your party fucked up again failing at rigging yet another election?

505 + 28 = 533. What happened to the other 5 votes?

435 + 100 + 3 = 538.

Those state laws, written by idiots clearly state that their state's electoral college votes will go to The National Popular Vote Winner, even if that State has voted for The Democrat Candidate, and The Republican wins The National Popular Vote.

15 Blue States representing 197 Electoral Votes all will have to give their Electoral Votes to Donald J. Trump.

Right now, Donald J Trump, President of The United States is projected to win 52% of The National Vote, and your band of idiots won't have time to change the law back to benefit The Democrat Nominee, so it's going to be a slaughter.

Donald Trump 503!
Joe Biden 28

That's disenfranchising their voters, and against the Constitution.

Nope. The Constitution doesn't even proclaim that a state has to even have an election.

Section 10

"No state shall enter into any treaty, alliance, or confederation;"

Those bills being passed is "Entering an alliance"

Article IV, Section 2:

"1: The Citizens of each State shall be entitled to all Privileges and Immunities of Citizens in the several States."

Also, several times in the amendments it says : "The right of citizens of the United States to vote ... shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state."

It says that about sex, age, color..

Constitution of the United States - We the People

Neat. Now go ahead and explain how what you quoted is relevant to how a state decides to use it's electoral college votes.

Because if a state "decides" to go against who its citizens voted for, that is effectively denying and abridging their right to vote.

The Constitution doesn't even hold that a state has to have an election and the portions of the Constitution that you quoted are irrelevant to elections in the first place. Quoting the 15th amendment is not helping your cause. It merely states you cannot be denied or abridged because of race or color.

The electors of any state have the right to cast their vote as they see fit unless that state has a particular law where they are not allowed to change their vote. It's kind of the reason the electoral college exists in the first place, so that the populace don't elect a whack job, it gives those in the know the opportunty to circumvent that outcome. Of course as we've seen with the last two Republican presidents the EC actually is more likely to get the idiots into office.

Another thread by the right on not understanding the national popular vote compact, the earliest it could go into effect and what the constitution even says about how stays may appropriate their EC votes.

Are you gonna cry like a bitch "Not My President" when the score is 503 to 28 and your party fucked up again failing at rigging yet another election?

435 + 100 + 3 = 538.

Come on, he thinks any President is going to hit 500, do you think he's going to make up for that by being good at math?

435 + 100 + 3 = 538.
Faithless Electors Abstained.

What do the numbers matter?

Dem Tards have ensured...

TRUMP IN A LANDSLIDE!

435 + 100 + 3 = 538.

Come on, he thinks any President is going to hit 500, do you think he's going to make up for that by being good at math?
Now that you douchebags fucked The Electoral College up, it's entirely possible for a candidate to hit 500 EVs.

It's also now entirely possible for 3 candidates to water down the EV and NO President is selected under your stupid National Popular Vote EV Scheme.

Why do you dumb asses fuck everything up, just to propose an even worse solution to a problem you created?

Some states, will have the NPVC in place and others won't? No, the vote compact doesn't go into effect unless the compact equals 270 electoral votes which won't happen by 2020.

Just curious, since you brought religion into it. Did God make your argument feeble?

Tired of losing Yet?

That states that don't have it in place will have to play by the old rules.

And this is only "State Law" which also runs counter to The Constitution.

So even if they get it through The Supreme Court....

In that case the score will be something like

Trump 450!
DemLoser 81

Tired of losing? You claimed Trump was going to win big because of the vote compact and I hinted and hinted and hinted that it wasn't going to be the case because it wasn't going to be implemented by 2020 and you kept making the same claim, and I'm losing? :21:

So, now that you've finally caught up, you claim Trump is going to win 450 electoral college votes? One thing you'd have to be a moron to predict who is going to win the election this early, however to get 450 is pretty much impossible. California, New York and Massachusetts alone will keep Trump from hitting 450. What an idiot you are.

No, I claim that if you get your stupid Pact in Place, he will win 503

But I think he can win 531

Trump 531!

Loserville 0

Where are you getting 531? Did you flunk out of high school?

The National Popular Vote bill has been enacted by 15 jurisdictions possessing 189 electoral votes, including 5 small jurisdictions (RI, VT, HI, DC, DE), 6 medium- size states (MD, MA, NM, WA, CT, CO), and four big states (NJ, IL, NY, CA).
Agreement Among the States to Elect the President by National Popular Vote

How stupid are these small and medium sized states?

Trump knows the realities of election. He wrote off Calif/NY ...but will not if the above becomes relevant.

So if the electoral college is not relevant in 2020 don't you suppose Trump's experience in advertising would have him then concentrating in the most populous states?
If Trump won the popular vote he would automatically be given the EVs for California and NY

Just kidding....we know Trump can’t win the popular vote

435 + 100 + 3 = 538.

Now that you douchebags fucked The Electoral College up, it's entirely possible for a candidate to hit 500 EVs.

Fucked up the Electoral College? Yeah, making it irrelevant. At that point as long as the popular vote winner is elected does it matter what the EC count was? And you still seem to think the NVPC is in effect today? It's not, so I'm not sure why you keep saying Trump is going to win over 500 votes? You're clearly not grasping this.

435 + 100 + 3 = 538.
Faithless Electors Abstained.

What do the numbers matter?

Dem Tards have ensured...

TRUMP IN A LANDSLIDE!

WTF arr you talking about? Just admit you don't know how many votes there are in the EC!

Some states, will have the NPVC in place and others won't? No, the vote compact doesn't go into effect unless the compact equals 270 electoral votes which won't happen by 2020.

Just curious, since you brought religion into it. Did God make your argument feeble?

Tired of losing Yet?

Trump 450!
DemLoser 81

Tired of losing? You claimed Trump was going to win big because of the vote compact and I hinted and hinted and hinted that it wasn't going to be the case because it wasn't going to be implemented by 2020 and you kept making the same claim, and I'm losing? :21:

So, now that you've finally caught up, you claim Trump is going to win 450 electoral college votes? One thing you'd have to be a moron to predict who is going to win the election this early, however to get 450 is pretty much impossible. California, New York and Massachusetts alone will keep Trump from hitting 450. What an idiot you are.

Trump 531!

Loserville 0

He doesn't know how many EC votes there are.

Tired of losing Yet?

Trump 450!
DemLoser 81

Trump 531!

Loserville 0

No, I made adjustments for removing The Illegal Alien Count from The Census.

You remove 20 Million Illegals from the Census Count across the country and I think that shaves approximate 6-8 EVs off of the total EV Count.

But, the actual count is immaterial when you are discussing the stupidity of awarding all EC Votes to a National Popular Vote winner which would disenfranchise many states rights to be heard and represented, and their votes for their candidate counted.

Since all of the state's doing this are BLUE STATES, Trump has no chance of getting those EC votes under the old rules...

Now he can AUTOMATICALLY get them by winning the popular vote nationwide (regardless of how those states vote)...

So Trump has nothing to lose, but could conceivably swing a losing EC total to a WINNING one under the right circumstances!!!

So once again, the Democrats are proving that Liberalism is a mental disorder!!!
wont surprise us that if Trump still gets the electoral college and wins, he loses the popular vote because anyone can vote for President/NO ID in California, therefore, I think he loses the popular vote by about 10 Million thanks to especially Los Angeles county and Manhattan that will just let anyone vote,,,even kids and pets.
Amazing the Trump candidacy is based on the assumption that he can’t win the popular vote

The question is.......how much of the popular vote can Trump lose and still hit 270?

We saw that a 2% loss allowed him to win the electoral vote
Where is the tipping point?
2 1/2% ?
3 %?

Tired of losing Yet?

Trump 450!
DemLoser 81

Trump 531!

Loserville 0

You remove 20 Million Illegals from the Census Count across the country and I think that shaves approximate 6-8 EVs off of the total EV Count.

But, the actual count is immaterial when you are discussing the stupidity of awarding all EC Votes to a National Popular Vote winner which would disenfranchise many states rights to be heard and represented, and their votes for their candidate counted.

What? OMG, what a fucking idiot.

The evidence to support electing the President and VP by popular vote is more necessary today then ever in the past.
I see you are from California.

While we're at it, maybe we should abolish the Senate too, since Rhode Island gets as many senators as California.

Go ahead and draft a Constitutional amendment, because that's what it will take. Last time I looked you need 38 states to ratify. Good luck with that.

What will prevent Trump from winning in 2020 is Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin

Fool me once.....

Tired of losing Yet?

Trump 450!
DemLoser 81

Trump 531!

Loserville 0

Let me educate you dumbass! The electoral college is comprised of one vote for each Representative (435), one for each Senator (100) and 3 for Washington DC. That is 538 votes. Unless you change those numbers, illegals don't matter. For every seat California would lose, someone else would pick it up.

After 2020's census, these states are expected to gain seats in the House and this electoral votes.

States Gaining Districts (6 or 7)
  • Arizona +1 (from 9 to 10)
  • Colorado +1 (from 7 to 8)
  • Florida +2 (from 27 to 29)
  • Montana even or +1 (from At-large to 2)
  • North Carolina +1 (from 13 to 14)
  • Oregon +1 (from 5 to 6)
  • Texas +3 (from 36 to 39)
States Losing Districts (9)
  • Alabama -1 (from 7 to 6)
  • Illinois -1 or -2 (from 18 to 17 or 16)
  • Michigan -1 (from 14 to 13)
  • Minnesota -1 or even (from 8 to 7 or none)
  • New York -1 (from 27 to 26)
  • Ohio -1 (from 16 to 15)
  • Pennsylvania -1 (from 18 to 17)
  • Rhode Island -1 (from 2 to 1)
  • West Virginia -1 (from 3 to 2)
The 2020 election will see no changes.

The population shift is hurting the Dems!

If the Electoral College is "not relevant" in 2020, the election will be considered invalid.

The states decision to misapply their electoral votes will not stand. It simply won't be allowed.

Jo
It is Constitutional

Yep. When voting for president citizens are actually voting for electors and not directly for President. When they don't cast their vote for the president of their party they are called faithless electors and it's happened.

Forum List

Back