City Of Dearborn Apologizes for Arresting Christians

Did you read ANY part of the article he posted????

The decision to arrest these individuals was based in part on information provided to the Dearborn police by Arab Festival attendees, workers, and volunteers

And now they've been found NOT GUILTY of what they were arrested for. The police let the muslims make fools of themselves!

That doesn't mean they turned them in...that means they answered questions the police asked them.

Ok...I back down from the statement I made :)
However, that means then that the Muslims must have given false information to the police to make them decide to arrest them. Doesn't surprise me...

.....may have but I would hardly call Muslims liberal...I'm glad they were found not guilty.

So tresspassing and annoying people is okay?

So when will you let me come into your Church and let me do my "Jesus was a Myth" presentation?

Uh, can you give me an example in this case where they were trespassing? Just one? How does handing out the Gospel of John or standing OUTSIDE of the festival constitute "trespassing"?

No man is turned away from the house of God.. well that's how it works in mine. Joe, stop being a freaking bigot. You know, you get you right to hate, I get my right to worship and proclaim the faith. The First Amendment used to mean something in this country, now people like you come up and try to strip it away from people because of your hatred of them.

Did you not recognize the inherent hypocrisy here? Arabs have a Muslim themed festival, nobody arrested. Christian missionaries quietly demonstrate outside, and are summarily arrested. So, why aren't you saying anything about the Muslims/Arabs, Joe?

Oh that's right, I can't hear you over the sound of how bigoted you are.

By the logic of what you just posted, what Fred Phelps and his bunch of nutters are doing is just fine, too. They aren't "trespassing". They are on public property being assholes.

If I went outside your church and started handing out atheist literature, that would be pretty douchey behavior, and so is going outside an islamic festival and handing out christian propaganda.

Maybe arresting people was an overreaction. But the douchy behavior was the proximate cause here.

You wouldn't be the first numbnut to stand outside a church and hand out atheist literature, and/or mock believers for their faith. In this country we respect their right to be ignorant, and do our best not to laugh at them.

What Fred Phelps and his bunch do, is not just fine, but it is legal in America and we have to put up with the Fred Phelps of the world.

I thought Christians were into forgiving and forgetting..

So Why did these christians sue the city for protecting them from a hostile mob?

Or--it is that martyr thing. Well next year I wonder if one of the christians is going to get beheaded and impaled like that pig head?

Just like Jesus and the crucifix, right?

I doubt any christian can be like Jesus and resurrect themselves!

God did NOT tell us to sit back and do nothing when we are persecuted like this. They were arrested for a peaceful protest and the Arab's were given a pass even when it's shown on video throwing bottles and stones. The police were protecting them??? Lol! What kind of sense does that make? You agree with them because you hate Christians so much, even when you can see with your own eye's what they did?

You're just a hateful person and a fool.

That doesn't mean they turned them in...that means they answered questions the police asked them.

However, that means then that the Muslims must have given false information to the police to make them decide to arrest them. Doesn't surprise me...

.....may have but I would hardly call Muslims liberal...I'm glad they were found not guilty.

I don't think i've ever called them liberal. But they hate Christians just as much as many liberals do.

I don't think i've ever called them liberal. But they hate Christians just as much as many liberals do.

Actually they respect and revere Jesus as a prophet.

It's going to take one or two more decades but this kind of harassment against muslins will be legislated as a "hate crime".

And people like these hate filled christian protesters would go to jail. :thup:

I think you're right. In fact, I'm almost sure you're right.

The Bible tells us that in the end days Christians will be hated and persecuted for their faith and belief in Jesus. It's happening more and more the last few years and I really don't think it's going to get any better until Jesus comes back.

Sunni....can you say you actually believe that ALL Christians hate anyone that doesn't believe as they do? Really? And those protestors were not being hateful, you keep making up crap and it makes you look stupid.

What you don't understand is the fact that those like you pick and choose your religious agenda.
When it fits into your world, use it. When it obstructs your thoughts, try to use it in another way.

They were harrassing no one. They have the right to practice their religion just like you do.
Harassing people isn't what Jesus taught his followers to do. .. :cool:

Another expert on Christianity heard from.

Please tell us more about what we don't understand about ourselves.

It's entertaining.

It's going to take one or two more decades but this kind of harassment against muslins will be legislated as a "hate crime".

And people like these hate filled christian protesters would go to jail. :thup:

9-11 was a hate crime.

The problem with that is that some people do push it. They don't take no for an answer until you take their pamphlet/booklet/whatever.

In a sense, that's fine. They're not hurting anyone. Offending, maybe, but not hurting anyone. And there are many that do back off after you say no once.

Then you get assholes like the above picture. Sure, that's from 2012, but that's still an asshole thing to do.

If a group of atheists were standing outside a Christian or Muslim event screaming at them about how God is a myth or whatever, I'd be similarly annoyed, so please, don't take my words as atheist bias.

So, just because they do, we all do? Is that what I'm getting? I will sit here and flatly tell you that I as a Christian do not support the behavior of these people. Nowhere in the Bible did God or Jesus suggest that we be jerks when we spread the gospel. If you're looking for a condemnation from me, you got it buddy! I want people to know about God, but not in this manner! That is a reprehensible thing to do!

I will not accept this attempt to justify the behavior of the Dearborn authorities with that reasoning, however. Rights were violated, they were not in any breach of the law. The interviewer carried on very civil conversations with a few of the festival goers, he did not breach the peace, nor instigate any confrontations.

If you ever see anyone like the people in that picture, or with that kind of attitude, take it from me, tell them that this (what they're doing) is not how the Bible teaches to spread the Gospel of Christ. Simply walk away defend yourself if need be, but remember that not all of us are like that. There is the right way to preach, and a wrong way.

AMEN!!!

I've tried to tell atheists this same thing. What i get offended by are the non-believers that think all us "Christians" are the same and compare us to Westboro...they talk about all our hate. True Christians are encouraged to spread the good word...but not to harrass people. People that act like the ones in these pictures may be religious, but they're absolutely not Christians. I always liked that saying.............

Standing in a Church makes you no more a Christians than standing in a garage makes you a car. :)

What kills me is Atheists claim to be above all, yet they mock and or try to enrage other religions. In the OP we had someone speaking calmly, never mocking. Atheists ‘preach’ that mockery is needed, partake in what they deem ‘shock value’ and state that “ bad manners are a reasonable weapon in that civil war” [against Christian’s]

Sometimes you've got to have shock value," she said. "There's some times where you just have to shock people into getting attention and from there, they ask questions... And maybe they learn a bit."...Kagin said that he saw the conflict between atheists and believers as America's religious civil war. He said bad manners are a reasonable weapon in that war, but he said it was unlikely that atheists would emerge as the victors

Atheists Break Out New Ritual Tool: The Blow-Dryer

Atheists Conduct De-Baptisms - ABC News

CaféAuLait;7209182 said:
So, just because they do, we all do? Is that what I'm getting? I will sit here and flatly tell you that I as a Christian do not support the behavior of these people. Nowhere in the Bible did God or Jesus suggest that we be jerks when we spread the gospel. If you're looking for a condemnation from me, you got it buddy! I want people to know about God, but not in this manner! That is a reprehensible thing to do!

I will not accept this attempt to justify the behavior of the Dearborn authorities with that reasoning, however. Rights were violated, they were not in any breach of the law. The interviewer carried on very civil conversations with a few of the festival goers, he did not breach the peace, nor instigate any confrontations.

If you ever see anyone like the people in that picture, or with that kind of attitude, take it from me, tell them that this (what they're doing) is not how the Bible teaches to spread the Gospel of Christ. Simply walk away defend yourself if need be, but remember that not all of us are like that. There is the right way to preach, and a wrong way.

AMEN!!!

I've tried to tell atheists this same thing. What i get offended by are the non-believers that think all us "Christians" are the same and compare us to Westboro...they talk about all our hate. True Christians are encouraged to spread the good word...but not to harrass people. People that act like the ones in these pictures may be religious, but they're absolutely not Christians. I always liked that saying.............

Standing in a Church makes you no more a Christians than standing in a garage makes you a car. :)

What kills me is Atheists claim to be above all, yet they mock and or try to enrage other religions. In the OP we had someone speaking calmly, never mocking. Atheists ‘preach’ that mockery is needed, partake in what they deem ‘shock value’ and state that “ bad manners are a reasonable weapon in that civil war” [against Christian’s]

Sometimes you've got to have shock value," she said. "There's some times where you just have to shock people into getting attention and from there, they ask questions... And maybe they learn a bit."...Kagin said that he saw the conflict between atheists and believers as America's religious civil war. He said bad manners are a reasonable weapon in that war, but he said it was unlikely that atheists would emerge as the victors

Atheists Break Out New Ritual Tool: The Blow-Dryer

Atheists Conduct De-Baptisms - ABC News

What a waste of time and money....funny, though.

Um, guys, if you don't believe in God, why do you have to be "DE-baptised?" A little water on your forehead when you were too young to remember it, but you need some sort of ceremony now to undo it?

[

How was it douchy? Stop with the prevarications, Joe. They weren't being unruly in any way. You just want to find something wrong with them so badly. Hey, if you start that at my church, heck we may invite you in! We aren't going to go all crusades on you or anything!

Uh, no, guy, if you are going somewhere you weren't invited to go and doing something annoying to the people who are there, you are being a douchbag.

Now maybe being a douchebag is protected by the first amendment, but it's still douchy behavior.

Personally, I like the Late Mike Royko's suggestion when handling the Nazis who wanted to march in Skokie. You can march, just don't expect anyone to bail your ass out when the ass-kicking comes.

Sunni, that's absolutely childish. You are so ill informed about your own faith as well as mine. If you need a refresher, here, this is what people of your "peaceful" faith think of us:

Topics_911_attacks.jpg

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGERY!

130416BombingNYDailyNews.jpg

People like you make so angry.. and I can't believe there are 1.6 billion of you.

Guy, they killed 3000 on 9/11 and three in Boston.

We've killed hundreds of thousands of them in our wars.

It's a pretty silly fight, over whose Invisible Sky Man has the bigger dick, but we kind of started it.

The Arab Festival is a just a family event with carnival rides for kids and plenty of food plus entertainment.

These harassing Christians are no different than the Westboro Church people who picket military funerals.

But since it's muslims, and not soldiers funerals, many here support the rabid protesters. .. :doubt:

Shut up idiot what do you know about this festival? This right around the corner from where I'm grew up, I know it well it's an Arab not a muslim festival. There are plenty of Christian Arabs... Get it?

Sunni, that's absolutely childish. You are so ill informed about your own faith as well as mine. If you need a refresher, here, this is what people of your "peaceful" faith think of us:

Topics_911_attacks.jpg

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGERY!

People like you make so angry.. and I can't believe there are 1.6 billion of you.

It's a pretty silly fight, over whose Invisible Sky Man has the bigger dick, but we kind of started it.

You've just lost what little respect I had for you. What did those 3000 people on 9/11 do to deserve to die? What did those 3 people in Boston do to deserve it? Why on earth are you defending Muslim fanatics when you abhor Christians of any kind? Where do you get off?

Topics_911_attacks.jpg

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGERY!

You've just lost what little respect I had for you. What did those 3000 people on 9/11 do to deserve to die? What did those 3 people in Boston do to deserve it? Why on earth are you defending Muslim fanatics when you abhor Christians of any kind? Where do you get off?

He hates Christians because he used to be one...Now he's way too smart for that:doubt:

So tresspassing and annoying people is okay?

So when will you let me come into your Church and let me do my "Jesus was a Myth" presentation?

Uh, can you give me an example in this case where they were trespassing? Just one? How does handing out the Gospel of John or standing OUTSIDE of the festival constitute "trespassing"?

No man is turned away from the house of God.. well that's how it works in mine. Joe, stop being a freaking bigot. You know, you get you right to hate, I get my right to worship and proclaim the faith. The First Amendment used to mean something in this country, now people like you come up and try to strip it away from people because of your hatred of them.

Did you not recognize the inherent hypocrisy here? Arabs have a Muslim themed festival, nobody arrested. Christian missionaries quietly demonstrate outside, and are summarily arrested. So, why aren't you saying anything about the Muslims/Arabs, Joe?

Oh that's right, I can't hear you over the sound of how bigoted you are.

By the logic of what you just posted, what Fred Phelps and his bunch of nutters are doing is just fine, too. They aren't "trespassing". They are on public property being assholes.

If I went outside your church and started handing out atheist literature, that would be pretty douchey behavior, and so is going outside an islamic festival and handing out christian propaganda.

Maybe arresting people was an overreaction. But the douchy behavior was the proximate cause here.

Libtards like you, JoeBeoch, sure cant stand free speech when its Christians using it.

BTW, fuck you, assface.

Topics_911_attacks.jpg

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGERY!

Nothing.

What did those 100,000- 600,000 civilians in Iraq do to deserve to die?

Nothing.

What did 400,000 Iraqis who died of treatable diseases because we wouldn't sell Iraq medicines or insecticides for a decade do to deserve to die?

I don't "defend" muslims, I point out that if we are going to insist on sticking our dicks in a hornets nest, we shouldn't whine about getting stung.

Libtards like you, JoeBeoch, sure cant stand free speech when its Christians using it.

BTW, fuck you, assface.

There's a differnce between "freedom of speech" and "instigating a fight".

When Fred Phelps goes to a soldiers funeral, or Frank Collins dresses up like a mock Nazi and marches past Holocaust survivors, he's not practicing freedom of speech, they are instigating a fight... and kind of being douchebags.

Again, I think the cops overreacted by arresting them.

I think the new rule is, you go somewhere with the intent of provoking the people there, and they kick your ass, you brought it on yourself.

Forum List

Back