Civil Rights Commission Against Religious Freedom

Going to a bakery owned by a person who hates you is not very dignified.

Sorry, you are an adult now. Suck up your entitlement.

You have no moral high ground to stand on when you want to start bullying and intimidating others to think and act like you, when their thoughts and actions are causing no physical or bodily harm to your personhood.

This is why the police state exists. Your government does not protect people. It terrorizes them into conforming with the social standards laid out by other inherently flawed human beings.

If it makes you feel any better, outside of the established law, it is your prerogative to deny bigots a cake.

Guy, I've known gays who been fired by homophobes, I've known gays who've been beaten up by homophobes. I don't think the government goes nearly far enough.

Here's what I'd do...

1) Any Church that preaches homophobia will lose it's tax exemption and be subject to FREQUENT IRS Audits.

2) People convicted of hate crimes will get mandetory jail time.

3) Companies convicted of discrimination will be forced to pay fines and put up signs explaining their crimes.
obama said you're not to slander the prophet mohammed.
You just did.

That's not all he said. Do you know what the entire context of that one line was? Did you ever read it or hear it in context?

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied.
All you did is support what I said.

I didn't "support" anything, I asked you if you'd heard the entire thing in context. Do you understand what the President is saying?

So liberals are now including Christians in that "basket of deplorables" Hillary preaches to her supporters?

Please point out to me in the Gospels where Jesus said anything about homosexuality at all? The problem with you "Christians" is that you use Jesus to rationalize a lot of deplorable things that Jesus never talked about.

And ignore the things he did talk about like "Taking care of the poor", "doing onto others" and "Turning the other cheek".

"If Jesus were alive today, the one thing he wouldn't be is a Christian"- Mark Twain.
The bible is to be taken as a whole, or not at all. Simple as that. Lol

Going to a bakery owned by a person who hates you is not very dignified.

Sorry, you are an adult now. Suck up your entitlement.

You have no moral high ground to stand on when you want to start bullying and intimidating others to think and act like you, when their thoughts and actions are causing no physical or bodily harm to your personhood.

This is why the police state exists. Your government does not protect people. It terrorizes them into conforming with the social standards laid out by other inherently flawed human beings.

If it makes you feel any better, outside of the established law, it is your prerogative to deny bigots a cake.

Guy, I've known gays who been fired by homophobes, I've known gays who've been beaten up by homophobes. I don't think the government goes nearly far enough.

Here's what I'd do...

1) Any Church that preaches homophobia will lose it's tax exemption and be subject to FREQUENT IRS Audits.

2) People convicted of hate crimes will get mandetory jail time.

3) Companies convicted of discrimination will be forced to pay fines and put up signs explaining their crimes.
obama said you're not to slander the prophet mohammed.
You just did.

That's not all he said. Do you know what the entire context of that one line was? Did you ever read it or hear it in context?

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied.
All you did is support what I said.

I didn't "support" anything, I asked you if you'd heard the entire thing in context. Do you understand what the President is saying?
ah yup.

Frankly, it's near time Christians stood up and said "fuck you". These progressive assholes have no Constitutional standing.

Ya fought for it once, remember?

It isn't a constitutional issue. If you don't want to bake a cake for gay people, your solution is to close down your bakery. You have a religion, your business does not.

This shit was resolved legally 50 years ago when some racist cracker decided Jesus hated black people as much as they did (without any biblical foundation) and tried to use that as an excuse not to serve them.

The courts slapped them down hard like they are slapping them down hard now.

Not to worry, in another 20 years, all the churches are going to treat their stance on gays the way they treat their stance on racism, slavery and witch burning. Something they will claim was a "misunderstanding' of the bible.
The bible speaks of a solution to sodom and Gommorah, you might want to read up on that.

If you want to quote the Bible don't forget where it says homos are abominations, Mr Atheist. HAHAHAHA Get around that one toady

Again, where did JESUS talk about Homosexuality. Not Moses or St. Paul. You guys don't call yourselves Mosiacs or Paulians.... you call yourselves Christians. So you hsould be able to find a spot on quote from the bible where Jesus said, "I don't like the gay stuff."

Kind of hard. Jesus was a guy who hung around with dudes and showed no interest in women...
Easy love the sinner, hate the sin...

Matthew 19:4-6, "And He answered and said, 'Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 “So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.'”

so where does that say, "homos bad".

Ole Joe thinks Jesus was going against the Bible and was OK with men poking each other's rectums? LOL

I don't think Jesus actually existed. But the thing is, the GOSPEL writers didn't put homophobic things into his mouth.

I think I find it amusing that homophobes often get pretty graphic in describing the gay sex... kind of like vegetarians who can't stop talking about steak.
Old Testament

Frankly, it's near time Christians stood up and said "fuck you". These progressive assholes have no Constitutional standing.

It isn't a constitutional issue. If you don't want to bake a cake for gay people, your solution is to close down your bakery. You have a religion, your business does not.

This shit was resolved legally 50 years ago when some racist cracker decided Jesus hated black people as much as they did (without any biblical foundation) and tried to use that as an excuse not to serve them.

Not to worry, in another 20 years, all the churches are going to treat their stance on gays the way they treat their stance on racism, slavery and witch burning. Something they will claim was a "misunderstanding' of the bible.
The bible speaks of a solution to sodom and Gommorah, you might want to read up on that.

The bible also tells us what the actual sin of Sodom and Gomorrah were...and it's not what you think it was.

Does not sound very polite to me.

Being at liberty to make mistakes is fundamental in a civilized society.

no problem, as long as you understand, mistakes have consequences.

I take it you support government enforced equality measures?

within reason. actually, I don't think they go far enough.
A "moral" federal government... You made me laugh, good one

Be a slave, or starve. Got it.

What part of "Congress shall make no law" is unclear to you? What part of "the free expression thereof" confuses you?

I don't recall seeing "except for" in the Amendment. You?

Individuals have a right to practice whatever bronze age superstitions they want to, but they still have to obey the law.

The law says if you open a business, it has to provide the same services to people regardless of color, creed, gender or sexual orientation.

If you can't do that, you shouldn't operate a business.
I sell firearms to all the above... Lol

Jesus reinforced the Bible as a whole, does the Bible condemn homosexuality? Why yes, yes it does...numerous times. Sit down, this is the result when you loons attempt to go Biblical, you cherry pick and get caught everytime

Jesus was really specific about what portions of the Bible he reinforced. He reinforced the sections about love, and respect.

Yes, like when he stormed through the Temple, driving out the moneychangers with a cat o'nine tails.
Yes, He respected God by driving out the likes of you from sacred ground.

You have a sure talent for fifth-grade comebacks.
Compared to your third grade comments?

The right to religious liberties primarily is concerned with private association. You do not have the right to read the Bible out loud in a 7th grade social studies course if it does not pertain directly to the lesson.

So liberals are now including Christians in that "basket of deplorables" Hillary preaches to her supporters?

Please point out to me in the Gospels where Jesus said anything about homosexuality at all? The problem with you "Christians" is that you use Jesus to rationalize a lot of deplorable things that Jesus never talked about.

And ignore the things he did talk about like "Taking care of the poor", "doing onto others" and "Turning the other cheek".

"If Jesus were alive today, the one thing he wouldn't be is a Christian"- Mark Twain.
Not according to God, only according to fallible men, like yourself.

What part of "Congress shall make no law" is unclear to you? What part of "the free expression thereof" confuses you?

Individuals have a right to practice whatever bronze age superstitions they want to, but they still have to obey the law.

The law says if you open a business, it has to provide the same services to people regardless of color, creed, gender or sexual orientation.

So lonestar_logic has reformed. Good.

They hear code words and dog whistles.

A new report by the United States Commission on Civil Rights supports the majority on the federal commission, who say that efforts to protect religious liberty and freedom are really a way for individuals and entities to discriminate against people who don’t share their beliefs.

“The phrases ‘religious liberty’ and ‘religious freedom’ will stand for nothing except hypocrisy so long as they remain code words for discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance,” Martin Castro, chairman of the commission, said in a statement included in the 296-page report.

Civil Rights Commission: ‘Religious Liberty,’ ‘Religious Freedom’ Code Words for Intolerance, Homophobia, and ‘Christian Supremacy’

Damn commission, if only they allowed total religious freedom we could solve global warming forever, a simple sacrifice of young virgin girls would satisfy the gods and allow for perfect weather conditions. Imagine no more hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning strikes causing fires, etc. for simply choosiness a half dozen or so young girls to protect the earth / our planet. We could even sacrifice a few more to prevent earthquake and volcano disasters.
Man made Global warming is a myth, made up by a cult of control freaks

Jesus reinforced the Bible as a whole, does the Bible condemn homosexuality? Why yes, yes it does...numerous times. Sit down, this is the result when you loons attempt to go Biblical, you cherry pick and get caught everytime

Jesus was really specific about what portions of the Bible he reinforced. He reinforced the sections about love, and respect.

Yes, like when he stormed through the Temple, driving out the moneychangers with a cat o'nine tails.

Well, to be honest I don't take the internet to serious either.

A new report by the United States Commission on Civil Rights supports the majority on the federal commission, who say that efforts to protect religious liberty and freedom are really a way for individuals and entities to discriminate against people who don’t share their beliefs.

“The phrases ‘religious liberty’ and ‘religious freedom’ will stand for nothing except hypocrisy so long as they remain code words for discrimination, intolerance, racism, sexism, homophobia, Islamophobia, Christian supremacy or any form of intolerance,” Martin Castro, chairman of the commission, said in a statement included in the 296-page report.

Civil Rights Commission: ‘Religious Liberty,’ ‘Religious Freedom’ Code Words for Intolerance, Homophobia, and ‘Christian Supremacy’

Damn commission, if only they allowed total religious freedom we could solve global warming forever, a simple sacrifice of young virgin girls would satisfy the gods and allow for perfect weather conditions. Imagine no more hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning strikes causing fires, etc. for simply choosiness a half dozen or so young girls to protect the earth / our planet. We could even sacrifice a few more to prevent earthquake and volcano disasters.
Says a paid up member of a cult of deniers.

Not according to God, only according to fallible men, like yourself.
Na, The Bible is to be taken as a whole or not at all. God's law

The bible also tells us what the actual sin of Sodom and Gomorrah were...and it's not what you think it was.
We're well acquainted with Ezekials comment that they didn't take care of the poor
So you don't have on us, what you would like to have.

So lonestar_logic has reformed. Good.
I sell firearms because it's an absolute right…

Compared to your third grade comments?

The right to religious liberties primarily is concerned with private association. You do not have the right to read the Bible out loud in a 7th grade social studies course if it does not pertain directly to the lesson.

No you don't, and that is not the argument here.

Says a paid up member of a cult of deniers.
Always luv it when you start quoting the Bible jake.
It's entertainment at it's finest.

Forum List

Back