Classic Bill O'Reilly - Loses it on Barney Frank

The Coward O'Reilly supported terrorism in Iraq.... so he is hardly worthy of a public forum.

Only in the US could a terrorist supporter get their own TV show.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDou01X5d28]YouTube - O'Reilly Erupts at Right-Wing Radio Liars and Barney Frank![/ame]

:clap2:

O'Reilly is an ass.

Barney Frank cannot say that the GSEs are weak. Harry Reid said that an insurer might go under and the insurance industry got crushed in the stock market. He has to say that the GSEs are strong if he is asked. If he says otherwise, he could kill the stock.

O'Reilly is an ass.

Barney Frank cannot say that the GSEs are weak. Harry Reid said that an insurer might go under and the insurance industry got crushed in the stock market. He has to say that the GSEs are strong if he is asked. If he says otherwise, he could kill the stock.

He HAD to lie. That's a good one.

O'Reilly is an ass.

that's the whole fucking point, he kept saying they were fine and dandy when they weren't and kept on selling that stock. Lots and lots and lots of people got ripped off. Hence the anger...

that's the whole fucking point, he kept saying they were fine and dandy when they weren't and kept on selling that stock. Lots and lots and lots of people got ripped off. Hence the anger...

I understand the anger, but as the chairman of an influential financial committee, he has to try to instill confidence in the financial system. The financial system is built on trust. If people no longer trust the financial system, it will collapse as people withdraw from the system. It could turn into a self-inducing death spiral. This is what happens with bank runs. In the 1930s, the Fed has found that banks that went under were likely to be as strong if not stronger than banks that did not. In other words, banks collapsed because people became fearful at a specific time and reacted by withdrawing money regardless of the underlying fundamentals of their bank.

I understand the anger, but as the chairman of an influential financial committee, he has to try to instill confidence in the financial system. The financial system is built on trust. If people no longer trust the financial system, it will collapse as people withdraw from the system. It could turn into a self-inducing death spiral. This is what happens with bank runs. In the 1930s, the Fed has found that banks that went under were likely to be as strong if not stronger than banks that did not. In other words, banks collapsed because people became fearful at a specific time and reacted by withdrawing money regardless of the underlying fundamentals of their bank.

well bottom line: the weasel is gonna go to bed rich tonight. lots of Americans will be broke because of him. No sympathy from me.

so he gonna lie to the public to gain their trust? That makes sense. I doublt anyone will trust him again in his lifetime.

you know what really pisses me off. We got all these damn experts coming on TV today saying this bailout is going to make the situation worse not better. Now before all they were saying is we need to do this, or some were saying it won't work. Now we got em crawling outta the woodwork saying it's gonna make it worse. How in the heck is the average person going to trust any of them? Give me a Sarah Palin any day. Until she proves otherwise.

so he gonna lie to the public to gain their trust? That makes sense. I doublt anyone will trust him again in his lifetime.

Do you know that he lied? Can you specifically point to knowledge that he had showing that he lied? If he did, I'd really like to know.

Or was he parroting what he had been told by those who would know more than he? The executives of Freddie and Fannie said that their firms were financially sound. So did OFHEO, the regulator of Fannie and Freddie. Did Frank have knowledge otherwise? Is he more qualified to make such an assessment than the CEOs and regulators?

The leaders of Bear Stearns, Washington Mutual, Lehman, Countrywide, IndyMac, Merrill Lynch, etc. all said that their firms were financially sound. Based on how mortgages and home prices had behaved in the past, they were financially sound.

My point is that there are many, many more qualified, successful and wealthier people than Frank who said the same thing. Some may have been lying but most, I believe, genuinely thought this was the case, at least until the very end.

Last edited:
99% of the time Bill O'Reilly is an asshole and an idiot.

This falls into the 1% category, however.

He worked so hard to beg Obama to come on his show saying he was really a normal guy and then he pulls this crap. Democrats should boycott his show.

He worked so hard to beg Obama to come on his show saying he was really a normal guy and then he pulls this crap. Democrats should boycott his show.

yes, cause they are pansy assed little whiney cry babies and can't take the heat, They can dish the shit, it tickles me when they eat a little..

The scary thing is..that 10% of americans actually take Fox News and Bill O'Reilly seriously.

Only in america could such a retard as this..have his own show.

only 10 percent? He wouldn't have a number one show if that were true.

yes, cause they are pansy assed little whiney cry babies and can't take the heat, They can dish the shit, it tickles me when they eat a little..

Give me a f'n break. Imagine if Chris Mathews had done this to a Republican? It would get him fired. No serious journalist could get away with that stunt

Forum List

Back