Cleveland kidnapper/rapist ..death penalty?

Seriously, stop being an asshole. I owned you on this and you know it. Read your own God damned link. I've already highlighted the relevant part above to help you with your inadequacies.

As I pointed out, that was not my link, and the actual decision says that the state has to be able to prove someone died before they can kill someone.

By the way, you really didn't owe me a chance to bitch slap you.

In the US the only valid death penalty charge is aggravated murder.
Wrong, treason as well, though it hasn't been used since the Rosenbergs.

Before you try to argue that federal law carries the death penalty for treason in an attempt to prove you are super stupid go back and read the part where I said only valid death penalty. Texas actually still has a law on the books that carries a death penalty for rape, as do a few other states. In fact, under federal law, attempted murder is eligible for the death penalty if you do it through the mail.

Problem is that the Supreme Court has already ruled that anything less than aggravated murder makes the death penalty cruel and unusual punishment. That amkes all of those laws that say that anything less than aggravated murder can result in a death penalty unconstitutional even though they are still there.

Funny how thinks work in the real world, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Supreme_Court_decisions_on_capital_punishment

By the way, you should change your name to Archie Bunker, Meathead was the smart one on that show.
This is not your link?! Seriously, quit being an asshole and admit that you were wrong. Funny how things work out in the real world, prick.

It seems that the the Cleveland kidnapper who held three women for ten years might face the death penalty if testimony from the women implicates him in the deaths of several unborn children. Allegedly the monster punched and kicked his pregnant captives and starved them in order to cause a "natural" abortion.

If guilty of everything alleged at this point, he deserves to be executed.

What he did to those women should be a death penality crime.

At the same time, wouldn't life time confinement be fitting? Life without parole. He kept them prisoners; justice is him spending the rest of his life as a prisoner. Unless he is kept in protective custody, he would be subject to the same kind of abuse he perpetrated on the women, also fitting justice.

Last edited:
Wrong, treason as well, though it hasn't been used since the Rosenbergs.

Before you try to argue that federal law carries the death penalty for treason in an attempt to prove you are super stupid go back and read the part where I said only valid death penalty. Texas actually still has a law on the books that carries a death penalty for rape, as do a few other states. In fact, under federal law, attempted murder is eligible for the death penalty if you do it through the mail.

Problem is that the Supreme Court has already ruled that anything less than aggravated murder makes the death penalty cruel and unusual punishment. That amkes all of those laws that say that anything less than aggravated murder can result in a death penalty unconstitutional even though they are still there.

Funny how thinks work in the real world, isn't it?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_Supreme_Court_decisions_on_capital_punishment

By the way, you should change your name to Archie Bunker, Meathead was the smart one on that show.
This is not your link?! Seriously, quit being an asshole and admit that you were wrong. Funny how things work out in the real world, prick.

Isn't being wrong a prerequisite to admitting I am wrong?

Granny says he's nutty as a fruitcake...
:cuckoo:
Ohio man's ex-relatives say he is a 'monster'
10 May`13 — The man accused of holding three women captive for a decade in his home terrorized the mother of his children, frequently beating her, playing twisted psychological games and locking her indoors, her relatives say.
Several relatives of Grimilda Figueroa, who left Ariel Castro years ago and died last year after a long illness, painted a nightmarish portrait of life with Castro as authorities made public horrifying details of the abuse endured by the imprisoned women. In interviews with The Associated Press on Thursday, the relatives described Castro as a "monster" who abused his wife and locked his family inside their own home. Their views were at odds with those of some of Castro's family and a neighbor, who knew the former school bus driver only as a happy and respectful man.

Figueroa's relatives said Castro savagely beat her, pushing her down a flight of stairs, breaking her nose and dislocating her shoulder, among other injuries. Her sister, Elida Caraballo, said Castro once shoved Figueroa into a cardboard box and closed the flaps over her head. "He told her, 'You stay there until I tell you to get out,'" said Caraballo, who cried as she recounted her sister's torment. "That's when I got scared and I ran downstairs to get my parents."

Castro, to frighten his wife, kept a mannequin wearing a dark wig propped up against a wall and sometimes drove around the neighborhood with it, relatives said. "He threatened me lots of times with it," said Angel Caraballo, Castro's nephew, who used to play with his cousins at the house where the kidnapped women were found. "He would say, 'Act up again, you'll be in that back room with the mannequin.'" One day, Figueroa was returning home with her arms full of groceries when Castro jumped into the doorway with the mannequin, frightening her so badly that she fell backward and smashed her head on the pavement, Elida Caraballo said.

Prosecutors said Thursday they may seek the death penalty against Castro as a police report alleged that he impregnated one of his captives at least five times and made her miscarry by starving her and punching her in the stomach. The police report that also said another one of the women, Amanda Berry, was forced to give birth in a plastic kiddie pool. Cuyahoga County prosecutor Timothy McGinty said his office will decide whether to bring aggravated murder charges punishable by death in connection with the pregnancies that were terminated by force. McGinty said Castro will be charged for every act of sexual violence, assault and other crimes committed against the women, suggesting the counts could number in the hundreds, if not thousands.

More Ohio man's ex-relatives say he is a 'monster'

It's not thanks to liberal decriminalization of sex crimes, spurred by Kinsey's *studies*, in the 70s and 80s. The civilized left strikes again!

He's being charged with kidnapping and rape. They haven't even charged him with unlawful imprisonment. Because to leftists, really, it's not all that deviant. People can't help themselves, particularly when it comes to sex.

So now no states will give the death penalty for rape.

I am for the death penalty (with conditions). But for this guy? I'd like him to be locked up forever and suffer. Or, locked up for 20 years, then snuffed.

They may be able to ask for murder if they charge him for killing the unborn of the women he confined.

Boy won't that open a big fat can of worms. The progressives won't know what to do with themselves. How to be sufficiently appalled at the kidnapping and imprisonment of these women....without admitting that the fetuses he killed were babies in order to ask for the death penalty?

Aye conundrum.

Liberals will fight like dogs to keep him from being charged with murder of those unborn children. Even though there is a specific provision of Ohio law covering these killings. It would not surprise me if the law was struck down as being unconstitutional.

As many people that have come forward saying the filed a report or a complaint how come nothing was ever done? What happened to all those complaints?

I know. But it's awkward for them because it illuminates how depraved that is. What he did to the babies is the culmination of all the depravity visited upon the girls.

And progressives just don't think it's all that bad.

Liberals will tell you Castro shouldn't get the death penalty because he might be innocent.

I won't disagree if he is convicted of aggravated murder and receives the death penalty.

'Cruel and unreasonable punishment'. He certainly meted that out to these women.

At the same time, wouldn't life time confinement be fitting? Life without parole. He kept them prisoners; justice is him spending the rest of his life as a prisoner. Unless he is kept in protective custody, he would be subject to the same kind of abuse he perpetrated on the women, also fitting justice.

I actually don't support the death penalty. I just find it odd that he can kill a fetus and perhaps get the death penalty but the evil he committed over a ten year period to those women isn't bad enough to warrant what is considered our harshest punishment.

I won't disagree if he is convicted of aggravated murder and receives the death penalty.

'Cruel and unreasonable punishment'. He certainly meted that out to these women.

I agree that he deserves to suffer, but I oppose government sanctioned killing all the time.

I don't understand why he is on suicide watch. If he wants to off himself, why not let him?

I actually don't support the death penalty. I just find it odd that he can kill a fetus and perhaps get the death penalty but the evil he committed over a ten year period to those women isn't bad enough to warrant what is considered our harshest punishment.

Perhaps we have others who can summarize US law/death penalty. I found this>>>
Historical Timeline - Death Penalty - ProCon.org

The sort of crimes that have gained national attention in the past 2 decades have caused me to conclude that there is a need for the death penalty. I probably would have felt this way sooner had I been paying closer attention to crime and reflected upon related issues.

Castro has told the interrogators --'I am cold blooded and sexual predator, unable to control myself.'

Warehousing him for 30-40 years seems futile.

I am not up for a good death penalty/abortion debate. Ohio law provides this remedy and the state of Ohio can proceed as it sees fit. No question that he is guilty. Seems fairly straightforward.

~~~
?? Tsarnaev will be charged under Federal law? Assuming MA doesn't have the death penalty?
He killed 4 people. I would think he would also be eligible for the death penalty.

I agree that he deserves to suffer, but I oppose government sanctioned killing all the time.
If I were you, I would be embarrassed to post on this thread, nevertheless I shall no longer use anal cavities to address you.

If I were you, I would be embarrassed to post on this thread, nevertheless I shall no longer use anal cavities to address you.

You are going to stop talking out of your ass?

That should improve your diction immensely.

You are going to stop talking out of your ass?

That should improve your diction immensely.

Hell, you started it. I don't often want to out other rational people here, but you were an asshole.

I apologize. I don't suffer fools gladly.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back