CNN Anchor: ‘Our Rights Do Not Come From God’

Most were Diests.

Thomas Paine
I do not believe in the creed professed by the Jewish church, by the Roman church, by the Greek church, by the Turkish church, by the Protestant church, nor by any church that I know of...Each of those churches accuse the other of unbelief; and for my own part, I disbelieve them all."

George Washington
The first president of the United States, never declared himself a Christian according to contemporary reports or in any of his voluminous correspondence. Washington Championed the cause of freedom from religious intolerance and compulsion. When John Murray (a universalist who denied the existence of hell) was invited to become an army chaplain, the other chaplains petitioned Washington for his dismissal. Instead, Washington gave him the appointment. On his deathbed, Washington uttered no words of a religious nature and did not call for a clergyman to be in attendance.

John Adams
The country's second president, was drawn to the study of law but faced pressure from his father to become a clergyman. He wrote that he found among the lawyers 'noble and gallant achievements" but among the clergy, the "pretended sanctity of some absolute dunces". Late in life he wrote: "Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, "This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it!"
It was during Adam's administration that the Senate ratified the Treaty of Peace and Friendship, which states in Article XI that "the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion."

Thomas Jefferson
Third president and author of the Declaration of Independence, said:"I trust that there is not a young man now living in the United States who will not die a Unitarian." He referred to the Revelation of St. John as "the ravings of a maniac" and wrote:
The Christian priesthood, finding the doctrines of Christ levelled to every understanding and too plain to need explanation, saw, in the mysticisms of Plato, materials with which they might build up an artificial system which might, from its indistinctness, admit everlasting controversy, give employment for their order, and introduce it to profit, power, and pre-eminence. The doctrines which flowed from the lips of Jesus himself are within the comprehension of a child; but thousands of volumes have not yet explained the Platonisms engrafted on them: and for this obvious reason that nonsense can never be explained."

James Madison
The fourth president and father of the Constitution, was not religious in any conventional sense. "Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."
"During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

Ethan Allen
Whose capture of Fort Ticonderoga while commanding the Green Mountain Boys helped inspire Congress and the country to pursue the War of Independence, said, "That Jesus Christ was not God is evidence from his own words." In the same book, Allen noted that he was generally "denominated a Deist, the reality of which I never disputed, being conscious that I am no Christian." When Allen married Fanny Buchanan, he stopped his own wedding ceremony when the judge asked him if he promised "to live with Fanny Buchanan agreeable to the laws of God." Allen refused to answer until the judge agreed that the God referred to was the God of Nature, and the laws those "written in the great book of nature."

Benjamin Franklin
Delegate to the Continental Congress and the Constitutional Convention, said:
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion...has received various corrupting Changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his Divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the Truth with less trouble." He died a month later, and historians consider him, like so many great Americans of his time, to be a Deist, not a Christian.

Were our founding fathers Christians or Diests

The most influential of our founding fathers were diests, and probably would be considered agnostics today.

Lol as good as freedom of speech is, it was created by man and only man.

you have to tell us why you think that if you have any idea.
Well, I can tell you. Because it has only existed when free men were willing to die to prevent the dictators, whether of the financial world or political world, from preventing free speech. God has never been shown to give a damn about free speech. Otherwise, that would have be the rule, rather than the exception before it was codified in our Constitution, and then copied in many other nations.

True dat ^^

It doesn't get any more basic than this but apparently, it goes right over their heads.

If "Repub Jesus" gave rights to the people, why did the government kill him?

because the liberal govt did not want the people to have rights
You dumb fuck, it was the radicals in the American Colonies that established those rights in the Bill of Rights. They are not God given, or we would have had them before then. They are the gift of a free people exercising their powers as free people to enforce these rights against those that would take them for financial gain or political power.
No one established those rights. The "radicals" wrote the Bill of Rights in order to preserve them.

And who was this "gift" from?

The people who fought for them.

Our rights DO NOT come from any silly notion of a god.
you have to say why you think that dummy!!
because there is no proof? because there is absolutely no evidence any god exists? because rights and gods are figments of imagination?

dear if rights were figments the Bill of Rights would not exist

If rights were God given you wouldn't need a Bill of Rights.

Judge Moore is correct about the Declaration of Independence being organic law, and that our rights are endowed by our Creator.

Cuomo is correct that you cannot deny those rights to anyone without a rational basis.

Judge Moore is allowing his brand of religion to be conflated with the Creator in organic law.
How so? His point is the the feds can't pretend laws exist that don't exist. There's no federal definition of marriage.
You have natural rights, which are the inalienable kind. And you have legal rights. Natural rights are unenforceable without legal rights being created by societies to enforce the natural rights. Focusing on God, or creator, is not helpful because inputting some view of a specific religion allows one to claim some higher power to their particular view of what a legal right should be, or should not be.

LOL!

Let's refer to the Charter of American Principles, shall we?

"... We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal;..."

See there... Equal, before God... everyone. Anyone who claims that they're superior, say like because they're sexually abnormal, thus need 'special' rights, which allow them to alter whatever cultural standards need to be changed to make them feel legitimate, they're tolerated to a point, but eventually get the shit kicked out of 'em and shoved back into the closet. Which would also include Judges who rationalize that they're providing equal protections for those who are otherwise EQUAL and who are being treated like EVERYONE ELSE, but who demand SPECIAL RIGHTS, SUPERIOR TO OTHERS, thus they get to change standards, to suit their particular kinks. See how that works?

What dictator ordered us to comply with some Charter of Principles?

The court has to frame the legislation on what is deemed god-given so the answer is 'both'. And if you're guilty you should pray extra.
If a human has to frame the "right", it is not God-given. A Supreme Being shouldn't require an imperfect one to speak for Him. It's the reason the Bible raises more questions than it answers.

Actually it goes to show that the far left do not understand the bible, but then again they have also shown they do not understand the Constitution either!

Bible is a storybook about an invisible supernatural being whose existence is nothing more than some people's opinion. He therefore cannot be the source of rights.

The court has to frame the legislation on what is deemed god-given so the answer is 'both'. And if you're guilty you should pray extra.
If a human has to frame the "right", it is not God-given. A Supreme Being shouldn't require an imperfect one to speak for Him. It's the reason the Bible raises more questions than it answers.

Actually it goes to show that the far left do not understand the bible, but then again they have also shown they do not understand the Constitution either!

Bible is a storybook about an invisible supernatural being whose existence is nothing more than some people's opinion. He therefore cannot be the source of rights.

Yes I know the far left drones can not handle a higher power other than a far left government.

We all know that your "GOD" is the government, more specifically a far left government!

Once we get the far left out of government then we can progress as a society..

They don't come from God. They come from us. The only right that God grants is life. If he's in the mood.
If they come from us then they can be taken away by us, and not just anyone, but the strongest of us.

You mean like rightwingers wanting to take away the right to an abortion.

Far left propaganda!

How is it a "right"?

Why not? If it's God given, it's a right, according to you clowns.

You see, people, this immediately gets to the core of the idiocy about 'God given' rights. The God given crowd not only insist that rights are God given,

but they also insist that THEY will tell you what rights those are.

Very convenient.

Yes I know the far left drones can not handle a higher power other than a far left government.

We all know that your "GOD" is the government, more specifically a far left government!

Well when the 2nd amendment appears to have been violated, where will the gunrights people run?

To God? lol, of course not. They will go straight to that government they otherwise pretend to despise.

They don't come from God. They come from us. The only right that God grants is life. If he's in the mood.
If they come from us then they can be taken away by us, and not just anyone, but the strongest of us.

Far left propaganda!

How is it a "right"?

You see, people, this immediately gets to the core of the idiocy about 'God given' rights. The God given crowd not only insist that rights are God given,

Very convenient.

No that is according to the far left drones..

The far left continues to show they need to make up "rights" for political slavery purposes..

And thus proves they are the most dangerous religion on the planet..

Far left propaganda!

How is it a "right"?

Very convenient.

No that is according to the far left drones..

The far left continues to show they need to make up "rights" for political slavery purposes..

And thus proves they are the most dangerous religion on the planet..

How do you know if a right is 'made up'? Have you talked to God? Prove it.

The idea of one having "Rights" is a fluid concept created by man. It is the by-product of being highly intelligent beings capable of abstract thought. From an empathetic stand point, men would say "well what would I want to live a happy life? Rights that give me X, Y, and Z. That should be for everyone."

Far left propaganda!

How is it a "right"?

Very convenient.

And that right there is the reason they do it. If rights come from 'God', and they speak for 'God', then you're essentially their bitch.

The obvious problem with the idea being......they must come had in hand, begging you to believe that they speak for God. And you can straight up refuse to do so.

Well when the 2nd amendment appears to have been violated, where will the gunrights people run?

To God? lol, of course not. They will go straight to that government they otherwise pretend to despise.

See how far left propaganda does not contribute to a thread..

Yes we know you are pushing your far left religious agenda..

So you admit that government is your "God"..

Forum List

Back